Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think the world is finally ready for another bond movie with an evil Steve Jobs / Zuckerberg as the villain.

The concept was just ahead of its time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The remaining Chuckle Brother now has nothing to do......

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whos james bond?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Orkin Mang posted:

whos james bond?

Some guy from a book where the author thought gay people couldn't whistle.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

Christopher Walken's line delivery of "James.......BOND" and most of his other scenes is worth sitting through the not very good View To A Kill.

"What a view..."
"To a KILL!"

lmao Walken owns, I literally don't remember anything other than him from that film.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
bond is white tho???

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

The Protagonist posted:

bond is white tho???

holy poo poo you did not just say that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Protagonist posted:

bond is white tho???

Uhh Idris Elba is definitely black, or at least black-passing

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Uhh Idris Elba is definitely black, or at least black-passing

that definitely means elba isn't bond then???

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You're not making any sense. Come back when you're feeling better

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Idris elba has played a lot of roles, some of them american like stringer bell who was a business man and Charles miner who was also a businessman

his English roles are Luther where he's a loose cannon cop who plays by his own rules, and Heimdall who is a loose cannon bridge guard who plays by his own rules too, they just happen to be the same as anthony hopkins rules

James bond is not american so Idris Elba will have to play him with his own rules, i just hope his rules and bonds rules are simpatico

numberoneposter posted:

Christopher Walken's line delivery of "James.......BOND" and most of his other scenes is worth sitting through the not very good View To A Kill.

when he says "you amUSE me mister Bond!" is cool

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Whoever that kid was in the Kingsmen.
He should be the next bond.

Make the Kingsmen Bond canon.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

happyhippy posted:

Whoever that kid was in the Kingsmen.
He should be the next bond.

Make the Kingsmen Bond canon.

The sequel wasn't nearly as bad as I heard it was, but holy cow was Julianne Moore wasted.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

All i know about him is that he is the guy that got his picture taken and everybody on the www tried to look at his penis bulge for like 3 days

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Evil Agita posted:

All i know about him is that he is the guy that got his picture taken and everybody on the www tried to look at his penis bulge for like 3 days

link plx

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Mooey Cow posted:

"What a view..."
"To a KILL!"

lmao Walken owns, I literally don't remember anything other than him from that film.

grace jones, man

grace jones

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Evil Agita posted:

The chick Jaws banged on the moon in moonraker didn't have metal teeth or braces. Thats the <<<<mandela effect>>>>

She did have braces though...

gently caress you now I gotta find out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
are the bond films even shown in china you'd have thought a sexy spy is something they'd frown upon

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Walken did own as Zorin. I loved Roger Moore as Bond but gawd was he old in that movie.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Jose posted:

are the bond films even shown in china you'd have thought a sexy spy is something they'd frown upon

I think you are right

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Walken wielding an axe on top of the Golden Gate Bridge owns.

Walken just owns period.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do you think he ever comes into a room and yells "Eyyy I'm Walken here!" lmao

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

quote:

In 2017, Idris won the male title for the "Rear of the Year" award in Britain.

I say give the role to the man.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

numberoneposter posted:

do you think he ever comes into a room and yells "Eyyy I'm Walken here!" lmao

i was watchin Sleepy Hollow and when Walken is runnin around in the snow all murderous i yelled "Walken in a winter wonderland!!" and everyone clapped (there was a goose nearby)

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*who wants to be a millionaire music plays as you can choose a minority for bond to piss off the older fans ; or remember that actually James Bond is toxic masc personified and his movies are full of racism /sexism /and stereotypes *

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

*who wants to be a millionaire music plays as you can choose a minority for bond to piss off the older fans ; or remember that actually James Bond is toxic masc personified and his movies are full of racism /sexism /and stereotypes *

it's extremely the latter.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

James Bond is toxic masc personified and his movies are full of racism /sexism /and stereotypes

This is why Elba plays Moneypenny and Bond is a power bottom.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

look, you can unseat the patriarchy, establish egalitarianism, guillotine all the old rich white guys etc etc

but

please

let us just keep bond. okay? please?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

laura dern would be a good james bond imo she's very stern and intimidating and no nonsense but she's not afraid to get her hands dirty like when she dug through all that dinosaur poo poo in jurassic park

and she can make her hair different colors which is extremely sexy and James bond is always sexy. sexy to someone at least

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

look. look.

a guy can never play wonder woman, and a lady can never be bond. i'm sorry but this is a fundamental law of the universe.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

The Protagonist posted:

look. look.

a guy can never play wonder woman, and a lady can never be bond. i'm sorry but this is a fundamental law of the universe.

I just watched Pee Wees Big Adventure for the first time in forever and gotta say he looked cute in drag. I think it’s time that a man plays Wonder Woman imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Makes James Bond a CGI big fat orange tabby cat wearing a tux voiced by Bill Murray.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

id like a movie where idris Elba and Laura dern have to fight each other to become the next james bond and i doubt im alone

china would go absolutely bonkers for that

i don't know a lot about their culture but im almost positive they like black men and white women fighting over a prize and that's why the Alien films did so well there (they don't have a lot of.black men in china and they don't really know what they look like so it's a forgivable mistake)

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Bring on a female Bond! I cant wait for ( o )( o )7
:sonia:7

luchajones fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 10, 2018

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Kuato posted:

I just watched Pee Wees Big Adventure for the first time in forever and gotta say he looked cute in drag. I think it’s time that a man plays Wonder Woman imo

yeah when i was a kid and i saw that part where he's pretending he's the wife of the escaped convict i remember thinking "huh i guess i can see why elmer fudd falls for bugs bunny when he dresses like a girl because peewee looks so pretty"

it was a much better example than boondocks saints because willem dafoe is many things but pretty? lmao no way jose

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Still better than that one bond movie with the man who shall remain nameless.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

it's extremely the latter.

james bond movies are so dumb, like the one GUY WHO IS NORTH KOREAN AND HIS FACE GETS CHANGED

or, the magic golden bullet, which james bond must get by using his sex powers and sucking it out of her belly button piercing

"WHAT'S HE DOING?"

*GRINS, AS JAMES BOND HAS SEX WHILE FLOATING* "LOOKS LIKE HE'S ATTEMPTING RE-ENTRY"

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

james bond movies are so dumb, like the one GUY WHO IS NORTH KOREAN AND HIS FACE GETS CHANGED

or, the magic golden bullet, which james bond must get by using his sex powers and sucking it out of her belly button piercing

"WHAT'S HE DOING?"

*GRINS, AS JAMES BOND HAS SEX WHILE FLOATING* "LOOKS LIKE HE'S ATTEMPTING RE-ENTRY"

those all sound like good things

and you forgot that scaramanga has three nipples

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I think it is time that we show the world that black men can be violent, promiscuous, drunken, homophobic sex abusers too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a few years ago when people were floating the idea of idris being the new bond the guy who wrote the original james bond books said that elba was too urban for the part but i guess five years and a bunch of money changes worldviews

• Locked thread