Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
With the polls closed, I would like to congratulate Bernard "Bernie" Sanders on winning the Democratic primary of US Senate, even though HE IS NOT ACTUALLY A DEMOCRAT

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

With the polls closed, I would like to congratulate Bernard "Bernie" Sanders on winning the Democratic primary of US Senate, even though HE IS NOT ACTUALLY A DEMOCRAT

Russians have done it again!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I was conflicted on the gubernatorial race since I like Ehlers' position on the F-35 over Hallquist's, but ended up voting for her anyway because Ehlers is kind of a jerk.

Voted for myself for High Bailiff. *crosses fingers*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Voted for myself for High Bailiff. *crosses fingers*

isn't that the guy who cops the cops

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Agean90 posted:

isn't that the guy who cops the cops

yes, the only thing a High Bailiff can do is arrest the Sheriff if the Sheriff breaks the law

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

yes, the only thing a High Bailiff can do is arrest the Sheriff if the Sheriff breaks the law

u should go around shooting sheriffs then claim u we're scared

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Joementum posted:

this sounds like a sweet gig

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't know about other places, but Minneapolis primary turnout is something like twice what it was in 2010, last time most everyone was up for election, as of a couple hours ago.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

docbeard posted:

I don't know about other places, but Minneapolis primary turnout is something like twice what it was in 2010, last time most everyone was up for election, as of a couple hours ago.

https://twitter.com/PollsAndVotes/status/1029496642871783424

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Connecticut polls have closed.

1 hour for WI/MN polls closing.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
i feel like it's probably safe to congratulate brother bernard on surviving his primary challenge

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

rip bernie

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Apraxin posted:

i feel like it's probably safe to congratulate brother bernard on surviving his primary challenge

This can't be right according to Twitter Vermont was getting sick of him

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Apraxin posted:

god I wish I lived in the world where al giordano actually tried to primary him

I’d be dead of laughter right now

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm... "Fe"eling Ironstashe!

that will be 250k please

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
She's doing better than Ing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
by the way, bernie is running as an independent, but vermont has a very low threshold for signatures to get on a primary ballot and people got bernie on the democratic ballot even though he doesn't care

this is how peter welch was both the democratic and republican nominee for vt rep in 2016

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Voted tonight mostly to vote for Ilhan Omar and against Trumpy Sheriff. Left the AG blank after a lot of agonizing. Klobuchar will win her seat back in a walk, she's like suburban Minneapolis took human form and ran for office.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/1029522804872568832

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Sadly, the Democratic nominee for VT Gov this year will be a sacrificial lamb and the Republican incumbent will win by double digits because he (wisely) sticks to the single issue of keeping down property tax rates.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Grondoth posted:

that will be 250k please

That is a fantastic joke

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

Sadly, the Democratic nominee for VT Gov this year will be a sacrificial lamb and the Republican incumbent will win by double digits because he (wisely) sticks to the single issue of keeping down property tax rates.

*thinks about how mad new Jersey residents get about property taxes*
:hmmyes:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lawman 0 posted:

*thinks about how mad new Jersey residents get about property taxes*
:hmmyes:

coincidentally, VT and NJ are the two states that have schemes to pool property taxes at the state level to fund schools

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

coincidentally, VT and NJ are the two states that have schemes to pool property taxes at the state level to fund schools

I can hear the screaming meltdowns already

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
rip felosade you swee, crazy angel

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

voted 4 randy

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Grondoth posted:

that will be 250k please

:eyepop:

:popeye:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RANDY RANDY RANDY

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

at least this non-democrat wouldn't block a public option

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are the good candidates winning

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PAUL NEHLEN TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is the guy running for ct governor the same lamont that lieberman and the dems ratfucked after he beat lieberman in the senate primary

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

tinstaach posted:

lmao hell yeah hail s8n

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

is the guy running for ct governor the same lamont that lieberman and the dems ratfucked after he beat lieberman in the senate primary

Yep,

At least he is wrecking the Felon.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tinstaach posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Yep,

At least he is wrecking the Felon.

I'm glad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happened to al digiorno's primary challenge to bernie

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Shear Modulus posted:

what happened to al digiorno's primary challenge to bernie

he's a coward just like the rest of them

no one withstands the bern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
It's also pretty boring, but in CT the only House Rep primary this year to fill Esty's seat seems to be going to the person that does at least mention single payer healthcare on her site. That was my deciding factor, so I'm happy to see that.

• Locked thread