Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Can't wait for 11am when we learn that Elon is a Proud Boy and he once banged 3 hookers while tweeting insults at short sellers, all from on top of a pile of coke and contractor liens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Genderfluent posted:

Yeah they probably should have left out the part about ambien

He should have just angrily stated he thought the bitch was white, gently caress.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

FistEnergy posted:

Can't wait for 11am when we learn that Elon is a Proud Boy and he once banged 3 hookers while tweeting insults at short sellers, all from on top of a pile of coke and contractor liens

Maybe we'll get a live tweet of Musk in the passenger seat of a Model X driven by grimes being chased by dozens of police cruisers around LA while he holds one of his flamethrowers to his head

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Genderfluent posted:

Yeah they probably should have left out the part about ambien

ambien is the socially acceptable cover for a shitton of acid etc

“people will know I’m tripping balls, quick, what’s the legal way of doing that”

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

The thread on r/teslamotors on this (https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/97yxca/elon_musk_confronts_a_fateful_tweet_and_an/) is actually pretty reasonable, but there are a few choice posts:

quote:

Elon - if you happen to read this - and I know you likely browse this subreddit on occasion during the rare times when you are not 100% busy...

Do not give up on your dream for a better future, but please find someone to delegate some of your responsibilities to. Retain control - because you are the right person to lead Tesla, but don't run yourself into the ground.

I don't know you personally, and we may never meet in person, but I believe in you, in what you are doing, and in what you are trying to accomplish.

Hold to your path, but don't walk it alone.

quote:

All his demons have KOCH BROTHERS stamped on their foreheads. It's not him, it's all of them. The constant pounding of bastards who want to slow down what has become a threat to their multi-trillion dollar waterfall. It's like being harrassed by Scientologists pamphleting your neighborhood, warning parents about you. When it goes private, he can finally get some poo poo done.

quote:

the guy we love is dying

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

tfw the biggest business news is you cried and are dumb

you mean theres no oversoght to mah brokebrained twitter account? this is all uer faults! grahms come ehrre

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Lonely teardrops

⚡💧

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Genderfluent posted:

The thread on r/teslamotors on this (https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/97yxca/elon_musk_confronts_a_fateful_tweet_and_an/) is actually pretty reasonable, but there are a few choice posts:

lmao :qq:

if our billionaire hero cant sell vastly overpriced f35mobiles we, as a species, are doooooooomed

:qq:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

$tsla down 6% lmao

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

$tsla down 6% lmao

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

looking good

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

drat, i shouda shorted tesla

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

:yeshaha:

Ghostship
Jan 26, 2006

Genderfluent posted:

preflownf9 • 7h
I must admit I teared up a little when I read this whole thing... God.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They are talking to the the New york times jounalists who did the elon musk interview on CNBC now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I'm mostly convinced too that that interview was designed to try to pull Musk/Tesla out of a PR tailspin, and it's had only the opposite effect because anyone with half a brain knows it reads like a full on disaster unfolding

Whoda thought that the rich-rear end motherfucker who hasn't ever had to face any actual adversity in his life would crumble completely once he had to deal with something that he couldn't just pay or bullshit himself through?

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

now that's some good poo poo right there

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They are talking to the the New york times jounalists who did the elon musk interview on CNBC now.

He's done lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ok wait up instead they are talking about the presidents latest tweet

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

lmao this is literally the exact same cycle as Theranos. Hell just have John Carreyou write a tie-in sequel

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ghostship posted:

preflownf9 • 7h
I must admit I teared up a little when I read this whole thing... God.

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

In the interview, Mr. Musk said he had not had taken time off of more than a week since 2001, when he was bedridden with malaria.

imagine being a billionaire who can literally do anything you want, and you do not take a vacation for 17 years. broken brain

CEOs just go to no work conferences and networking weekends in exotic locations instead of taking vacations so that they can do things like claim they never take vacations.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

He literally just vacationed in Thailand

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

He literally just vacationed in Thailand

that was heroism

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ok the musk interview journalists are on cnbc now.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I had a few shares I bought a couple years back. Was increasingly skeptical of the current valuation, and sold what I had just after Q2 earnings report and the (completely irrational to my mind) spike in the stock price. 3 days later Elon pulled his 420 tweet.

I'm content with making a little off of this, and the schadenfreude of watching Musk commit public suicide is pretty choice without having any money riding on the outcome anymore, but more than anything this has just solidified that I should just be putting money into low cost index funds because holy gently caress is "the market" a fickle and unpredictable nutcase.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Crakkerjakk posted:

I had a few shares I bought a couple years back. Was increasingly skeptical of the current valuation, and sold what I had just after Q2 earnings report and the (completely irrational to my mind) spike in the stock price. 3 days later Elon pulled his 420 tweet.

I'm content with making a little off of this, and the schadenfreude of watching Musk commit public suicide is pretty choice without having any money riding on the outcome anymore, but more than anything this has just solidified that I should just be putting money into low cost index funds because holy gently caress is "the market" a fickle and unpredictable nutcase.

Stock valuations right now are generally loving insane, especially in the tech sector. A lot of it is inflated by stock buybacks and general ZIRP-y over-enthusiasm. Moviepass is a great example of just that.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

But, he added, “if you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know. They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.”

:laffo: buuuuuullllllllllllllshit. Yeah Elon, there are no CEOs out there that won't run a company into the ground because of their giant loving egos.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

belt posted:

:laffo: buuuuuullllllllllllllshit. Yeah Elon, there are no CEOs out there that won't run a company into the ground because of their giant loving egos.

Why not go for Stephen "Nokia Killer" Elop, almost the same name.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Genderfluent posted:

Musk Zone: the guy we love is dying

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

no one's ever had a successful car company before

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Unnffggh my cock so HARD

Musk: 320! I meant 320!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SelenicMartian posted:

Musk: 320! I meant 320!

more like three two late

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
can we just embed a stock ticker everywhere in this thread

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

sure is great to have all functions run through a central touchscreen interface

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

please save elon

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
double digit drop
double digit drop

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shifty Pony posted:

sure is great to have all functions run through a central touchscreen interface

you won’t care

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

so this is why CEOs get the big bucks

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

my little put has worked out nicely. it expires on September 7 I wonder how long I should ride it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Bushiz posted:

Musk Zone: the guy we love is dying

Battery cells: $3000
Assembly by hand in a tent: $10000
Battery rework: $1000
Securities fraud: $69000000000
Supplier loan interest: $5000

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, the guy we love is dying.