Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Bobulus posted:

The guy who is completely black seems to have an armband with 000 on it. I wonder if he needs a counter as part of whatever his power is...

It counts his black percentage. His hero name is 100% BLACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

Give OFA to a dog. Best boy.

I stand by this.

Also one of the other pro heroes should just literally be Ric Flair.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

symbolic posted:

I've been figuring it's the ability to amputate her limbs at will and regrow them near-instantly, so in my imagination we're going to end up with an anime version of Spongebob making a chain of his own arms.

Isn't that just Shoji?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Maybe she can control her disconnected parts, and her costume will amputate whatever she needs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Actually, one thing I'm looking forward to in the upcoming arc is to finally see some Class 1-A students finally taking a clear loss for once (against a non-1A person, that is).

Unless we get another Hero License turnout and 1-A wins every single fight :geno:

Off the top of my head, everyone in 1-A has only lost to someone else inside 1-A (or a teacher) except for Iida getting shut down by Stain.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Next chapter opens with Koda sitting on a pile of knocked-out 1-B students.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Off the top of my head, everyone in 1-A has only lost to someone else inside 1-A (or a teacher) except for Iida getting shut down by Stain.

There were some KOs from gas during the training camp fight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Actually, one thing I'm looking forward to in the upcoming arc is to finally see some Class 1-A students finally taking a clear loss for once (against a non-1A person, that is).

Unless we get another Hero License turnout and 1-A wins every single fight :geno:

Denki lost to Ibari in the sports festival, and the whole class got their asses kicked by Mirio. Like, half the class went down in the first six seconds.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
We actually don't know what the training exorcise actually is. For all we know, this could be a team-based thing with Class A & B kids working together. Like, imagine Momona getting stuck on a team with Bakugou or Deku.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Can't wait to see how the Beast student in Class-B is different from just literally Hank McCoy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for Tetsutetsu to break out his own totally original unbreakable form.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It'll be interesting to see 1-B in action a bit more since a lot of them do seem to be heavily outclassed by 1-A. They certainly haven't shown anything like what powerhouses like Todoroki, Bakugo or Deku bring to the table. Hope this arc makes them seem a bit more formidable without being unbelievable.

Also yes I was right about Aizawa training Shinso! I was really hoping this would be true!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god i hope tetsutetsu's harder form looks exactly like kirishima's so much

i want a flashback to an internship where he was working with someone exactly like fatgum, too

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Patware posted:

god i hope tetsutetsu's harder form looks exactly like kirishima's so much

i want a flashback to an internship where he was working with someone exactly like fatgum, too

I want a childhood flashback that's just a panel for panel remake of Kirishima's from the overhaul arc.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yes. YES

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Look at my cool new form Kirishima, Grey Rampage: Indestructible!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mushroom girl's power is to make people hallucinate wildly.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
gently caress yes unbreakable analogue is mandatory. So is Momona getting paired with any of 1-A's hard hitters. Really looking forward to seeing the rest of 1-B in action. And Shinso! Glad this sideplot is going somewhere.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I want a childhood flashback that's just a panel for panel remake of Kirishima's from the overhaul arc.

Who would be his Mina? Kendo?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

symbolic posted:

My bet is on Plantgirl.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Flesnolk posted:

Also one of the other pro heroes should just literally be Ric Flair.
Class B has the next best thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp2elJukqQQ

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
But I want a good wrestler in 1-B. :(

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

Also Mina.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
love that Ojiro's winter costume is just putting Hoth Luke's coat over his default Tatooine Luke outfit

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I totally forgot that Hatsume upgraded Deku's gloves too, seeing as how he broke them in one attack against Gentle

also Ojiro is definitely going to be RotJ Luke with his next costume upgrade so that'll be cool

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
glad to get a closer look at Literally Hellboy in the newest chapter

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I wonder why out of all OfA holders only two are blacked out, who could they be?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I Love Annie May posted:

I wonder why out of all OfA holders only two are blacked out, who could they be?

They are the traitors.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I Love Annie May posted:

I've seen people who are convinced that one of them is Bakugou because the silhouette has similar spiky hair. It really doesn't make sense unless Bakugou somehow gets sent back in time long enough to temporarily get OfA and pass it on.

I've also seen some speculation that the other one might be that Genji looking guy who was working for AfO in that flashback last chapter and OfA somehow managed to convince him to turn on his brother.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It kind of does seem like one dude has Bakugo's hair, neck brace and gauntlets and the other has Kirishima's gear-shaped shoulder things but the implications are too absurd for me to treat that seriously.

Off the top of my head I'd speculate that maybe they tried working with All for One or maybe they only had OfA for very short amounts of time. There must be some sort of story with them that makes them different.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Patware posted:

i need to know

Same. "Double/Two Palm Strikes" with the quirk Twin Impact is easy enough to put together but he doesn't exactly look like the martial artist type, so hot drat what happens when he hits someone twice.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I Love Annie May posted:

Maybe they represent two OFA users who AFO tried to steal the quirk from, only to get whatever quirk they originally had or ended up "removing" them from the chain of users in this...shadow world thing.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

so hot drat what happens when he hits someone twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRK_OMQGQlc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe they're just shy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

The spiky haired person could be AFO. He has similar looking hair in the flashback - not as long tho - and technically he had it before OfA. Also the guy he took it from?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Love Annie May posted:

Among the theories I've heard, the one that I most like is that the two holders are somehow still alive. Not like giving away OFA kill you, it's the fighting AFO part that does. Maybe they were unable to continue the fight for one reason or another and had to pass it down to the next successor.

That's why All Might is sorta blurry; he's still alive, but his future's uncertain, and while Toshinori is alive, All Might the hero is effectively dead.

Either that or they'll turn out to be super plot relevant and revealed at a later date.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

Among the theories I've heard, the one that I most like is that the two holders are somehow still alive. Not like giving away OFA kill you, it's the fighting AFO part that does. Maybe they were unable to continue the fight for one reason or another and had to pass it down to the next successor.

That's why All Might is sorta blurry; he's still alive, but his future's uncertain, and while Toshinori is alive, All Might the hero is effectively dead.

Either that or they'll turn out to be super plot relevant and revealed at a later date.

Actually what you are saying gave me a thought. What if singularity is when the person gets used to the OFA, when their body acclimates/accepts it fully. Then those two could be people who were offered the power but, because of pain/trauma/etc, passed it back or off to someone else before they reached that point. There was that point after after Deku's bout with Todoroki during the sports festival where he basically offered to give OFA back until someone more "worthy" was found. Maybe those two are people who gave up or were deemed unworthy so they gave it back to the previous holder before they reached the point of "singularity".

If it wasn't for All Might and Midoriya's obsession with him as the symbol of peace then most people would view that power as more of a curse then a blessing. Literally blowing up their own limbs when trying to even use it. What if there was no recovery girl when Midoriya first used it? He would have spent literal years healing from that level of trauma. Sure it was probably less traumatic when OFA had less power stored up but that combined with being told that you have to fight a massive evil could easily make some decide to pass on the opportunity.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
How long's it been canonically since the sports festival? It's pretty great if Aizawa's been training Shinso for this about as long as All Might trained Deku for the entrance exam.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it makes way more sense to me that all might's blurry because he's not dead yet with all the other ofa users being dead

Cheston posted:

How long's it been canonically since the sports festival? It's pretty great if Aizawa's been training Shinso for this about as long as All Might trained Deku for the entrance exam.

I think they're most of the way through the first school year at ua?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

it makes way more sense to me that all might's blurry because he's not dead yet with all the other ofa users being dead

I think they're most of the way through the first school year at ua?

They're almost at the 2/3 mark. Second term ends in December, third term in March/April, I forget which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im not gonna lie, i hope the in-world pace picks up a bit. i'd really like to see hori do more adult character designs, + its more plausible that major events would be spread out quite a bit, even if its a plot point that this is all happening relatively quickly in-world