Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Welp.

We've gone and done it again.

Plan Basscop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

GreyjoyBastard posted:

What Diog said - as long as we don't mess around any further it's just an unfortunate show of emotion on our part.

I'm heartened that you have enough faith in goons not to gently caress this part up in the following vote after this one. We're very Trumpian in that we aren't subtle AT ALL in our intentions and I wholeheartedly believe we'll issue a long statement about how this revolution is El's Will made manifest and we should overthrow oppressors.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'm heartened that you have enough faith in goons not to gently caress this part up in the following vote after this one. We're very Trumpian in that we aren't subtle AT ALL in our intentions and I wholeheartedly believe we'll issue a long statement about how this revolution is El's Will made manifest and we should overthrow oppressors.

The Snarls coin will be the new hammer and sickle icon of the working class.

I think that's oddly charming.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

The winning vote is currently to just haul rear end out of dodge with Uriah and Mokt's lament, so I don't think there's a big risk of giving a speech to people on it being El's will. It's probably more likely that we literally just tell the truth of what happens and Uriah laughs his rear end off the whole trip to the village with Mokt's Lament.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Diogines posted:

I do not know if we are getting an update tonight, but, having a count would certainly help. There was a fair amount of vote changing so we would need a spreadsheet. Or, you need to account for vote changes. Any volunteers?

Just for question 1, don't worry about question 2.

Spreadsheet count done, Bb wins pretty handily to my reading.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

You are Karum, son of Kanesh, and you wont have Telmun, son of Arrat (A Rat, more like!) win one over on you again! You leave your immaculate seat to the horror of your slaves and one of your wives (the other is busy with your children at home) and make for the upper stands where The Hero has seen fit to seat himself. On the way over, you cannot help but ponder the implications of his actions... and his repuation.

Your more trusted sources say he built his great city, not on the backs of slaves but on the backs of free laborers. That he has all but banned Slavery is not one, but two cities. One not even his own. That he has slain more mountain demons and rescued more people from their bondage then any other living being since Labarabas (alright, that last one is probably an exaggeration...)

Did he know something you don't? You rack your brain for your somewhat shaky knowledge of the old tales, but remember no specific passage about the stature of Slaves in the Eyes of El. You know the basics of slavery, of course, having employed a number in your life, if a man cannot afford to pay his debts, he may sell himself or a member of his family into slavery for a number of years to cover the missing cost.

You have heard tell that Slaves are to be freed once every fifty years, but what slave could hope to live for so long? And even if they did, having perhaps been a chamber-maid or what have you, what use to society could they be after that time has passed? No, better to go back to your old master then, and hope for a kind reception in your old age. With a warm bed in exchange for keeping the bed warm and perhaps walking the dog or other such menial tasks that even the eldest could be expected to perform without much issue?

Try as you might, you cannot see any logical reason why a man should oppose slavery so. But as large as he is, as famous and as well... as incredibly large as he is now that you come closer, by the prophet that man is large, and much, much darker than the wood from which you sourced your prototype... will that affect sales? No, you'll just have to find figure out a way to turn the wood black without burning it. Wait, fire! That is the answer, you are sure of it. Soot from fires, mixed in with perhaps dark brown paint to make it darker still. Yes, now where were you?

Oh right, the Hero. You have almost reached the stands now, and wouldn't you know it? A crowd has already formed around him, with slaves clamoring for his attention no doubt... how to play this?

:agesilaus: "Make way for Karum, son of Kanesh!"
You are vastly more important than everyone else here, so you make it known. The slaves will just have to wait their turn, you have important business to discuss!

:cheers: "The next round is on me!"
Ah, but what was that old saying? A wet throat opens the fiercest boarder? Something like that. You can handle a drink or two, and the Hero most certainly can, but the slaves? After they are inebriated, you shall have a much easier time of getting to the Hero, and if he likes slaves as much as you think then maybe he will look kinder upon you for sharing in your wealth!

:munch: "Ah, it looks like he is much too busy at the moment."
Perhaps it would be wiser to take a seat and enjoy the play, perhaps with an ear or two pointed in The Heroes direction to figure out a better angle of attack, as it where?

:sweatdrop: "So very, very large...."
Perhaps this was a mistake. Maybe my slaves have kept my old seat warm?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Crazycryodude posted:

Spreadsheet count done, Bb wins pretty handily to my reading.
If thank you. Voting is closed, those Swedish is still in charge for now.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

You are vastly more important than everyone else here, so you make it known. The slaves will just have to wait their turn, you have important business to discuss!

Ah, but what was that old saying? A wet throat opens the fiercest boarder? Something like that. You can handle a drink or two, and the Hero most certainly can, but the slaves? After they are inebriated, you shall have a much easier time of getting to the Hero, and if he likes slaves as much as you think then maybe he will look kinder upon you for sharing in your wealth!

:munch: "Ah, it looks like he is much too busy at the moment."
Perhaps it would be wiser to take a seat and enjoy the play, perhaps with an ear or two pointed in The Heroes direction to figure out a better angle of attack, as it where?

Perhaps this was a mistake. Maybe my slaves have kept my old seat warm?

:agesilaus:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

E: Double

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

:cheers:

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Nothing could go wrong by getting some of the slaves liquored up! What could possibly happen today where it would cause problems at all! Every day is a great day in Chorizon!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
What is but a small deficit such as a couple of drinks for the Hero and his... friends, if this means we will be able to get him to sanction our dolls? Spend money, to earn more money. Hah, not even the son of A Rat would be able to compete with us now!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

What man could not be intimidated by this Giant's physique?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The perfidious Telmun will not win this day!

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Greggster posted:

What is but a small deficit such as a couple of drinks for the Hero and his... friends, if this means we will be able to get him to sanction our dolls? Spend money, to earn more money. Hah, not even the son of A Rat would be able to compete with us now!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I vote, that at this exact moment we realize how to build a steam engine. Give me a minute or two to find a link on how to make one step by step online, then we can do that.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Diogines posted:

I vote, that at this exact moment we realize how to build a steam engine. Give me a minute or two to find a link on how to make one step by step online, then we can do that.

We have seen fire before. Its just a logical extension of that.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Diogines posted:

Better yet: invent the scientific method! It's clear we're starting to question things based on the actions of the giant hero, why wouldn't we consider methodically questioning EVERYTHING?

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Better yet: invent the scientific method! It's clear we're starting to question things based on the actions of the giant hero, why wouldn't we consider methodically questioning EVERYTHING?

Alas, you question things in only the same way your father did (may he rest in peace), In What Way Can I Make This Make Profit? This saying is the greatest thing he ever gave you, and one of the secrets to your success.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
:sweatdrop: So, very, very large... approach and coyly ask to see if his member matches his muscles.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Alas, you question things in only the same way your father did (may he rest in peace), In What Way Can I Make This Make Profit? This saying is the greatest thing he ever gave you, and one of the secrets to your success.

Isn't that how all of human endeavors get started, with a question of "How Make Wealth?" At least, that's what my pastor says each Sunday at the Holy Tabernacle of the Glorious Gospel of Prosperity Temple of God's Golden Coin Purse "Pray The Poor Away"™ Academy.

Now please sir send me five US dollars and I'll send you a specially crafted prayer cloth* that will increase your chances of winning the lottery 50 fold**!

*recycled paper product

**in practical terms increases chances from "getting struck by lighting while giving a speech to the surviving members of parliament after the apocalypse" to "getting struck by lighting on a clear day"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

super sweet best pal posted:

So what does everyone want to do when we get exiled from Ur? I'm thinking we should reveal our spirit-spirit form to the giants. If that one giant we pulped's reaction was anything to go by, they'll start worshiping us.

Well if don't get evaporated we could cut out a place in Athar. End up like this https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-1/

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Diogines posted:

Hah, Jokes on you, Karum isn't blooded enough to understand the consequences of the steam engine. He successfully realizes how to build it but his barely blooded mind cannot conceive of why he would ever want it! The ultimate curse.

edit - I love it when Diog shitposts in other people's CYOA side stories. It's like seeing Charley Brown finally get to kick the football.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zodiac5000 posted:

Nothing could go wrong by getting some of the slaves liquored up! What could possibly happen today where it would cause problems at all! Every day is a great day in Chorizon!

This is the correct vote and rationale. :cheers:

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
:cheers: Even heroes like beers, also +1 to inventing the steam engine, we've boiled water before so we have the requisite background knowledge.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Invent trickle down economics

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
You know, the fact that this dude has an action figure of us would 100% make me vote to hang with him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zodiac5000 posted:

You know, the fact that this dude has an action figure of us would 100% make me vote to hang with him.

I know, right? Swedish might just be saving this dude's life.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

alpaca diseases posted:

Invent trickle down economics

Looks like a few millennia too late for that one

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I know, right? Swedish might just be saving this dude's life.

Yep, all he has to do is hide that he's an rear end in a top hat and Enkidel would 100% sign this dude's first run Enkidolls. Maybe even etch his personal seal into a few. Seeing them from the other side would scratch the same spot that Lefkandi's pots depicting Uriah killing sea monsters or the balls of labaras action figures that are in Kavodel does. "ITS AN ACTION FIGURE OF ME HELL YES I WILL SIGN IT FOR YOU!"

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Not sure how many other posters here also follow the webcomic Kill 6 Billion Demons. It's at the point where they're showcasing a character that could be future God King Enkidel.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
aka Bad Ending Enkidel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

dyzzy posted:

aka Bad Ending Enkidel

Speak for yourself!