Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

fart blood posted:

Takeovers being 5 matches or less is just fine, I think.

Yeah, it was 5 f'n great matches.

SummerSlam will also have 5 really great matches, and 8 garbage matches, and take almost 3 times as long to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, it was 5 f'n great matches.

SummerSlam will also have 5 really great matches, and 8 garbage matches, and take almost 3 times as long to watch

the worst part about this is probably about 75% of those 8 matches will be 5 minutes or less despite the show being 6+ hours.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
why the gently caress would you want 7-10 watered down matches instead of 3 good ones and two all timers, like there are on practically every NXT card

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Shoenin posted:

the worst part about this is probably about 75% of those 8 matches will be 5 minutes or less despite the show being 6+ hours.

Well they gotta make room for the commercials.

I don't know where they can fit in some of the undercard! :shrug:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

Was that a callback to the first time Ember beat Shayna? Another TO:B I think

That was my only issue with the ending - unless they play it up as her one weak point or whatever, because it was exactly how Ember beat her the first time. I've really come around on Shayna in-ring. I still don't like her as a promo but she comes off as a legit badass with her in-ring style and that match tonight was a real banger.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully next Takeover they utilize the expanded hour to allow for more matches and have less "epics"

Yeah, it's a bit numbing in the opposite way as the main roster. Sort of like Davey Richards era ROH.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bard Maddox posted:

why the gently caress would you want 7-10 watered down matches instead of 3 good ones and two all timers, like there are on practically every NXT card
I think having 6 matches would be fine, especially if it allowed the women to have more than a title shot match on the show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

achillesforever6 posted:

I think having 6 matches would be fine, especially if it allowed the women to have more than a title shot match on the show.

title matches and one "feature" match for men and women apiece seems like a good formula.

i still cant get over that superkick to ricochets neck. that was freaking insane.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They do tape two matches before Takeover. They should just have those matches mean more and be based on some existing feud

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think I was so used to WWE PPVs lasting so long that when I caught the end of Ciampa-Gargano, I thought maybe Kairi and Shayna would be next..and was so perplexed at them showing a minidoc on Finn. so yeah...

Gargano is such an idiot.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kairi is the most pure babyface in all of wrestling. :3:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1031021377254383617

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

She’s so adorable I want to find her childhood bullies and tie their shoelaces together

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Astro7x posted:

They do tape two matches before Takeover. They should just have those matches mean more and be based on some existing feud

Gibson vs Dunne on the preshow was better than EC3/Velveteen and Kairi/Shayna tbh, should have been on the main card

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DarkstarIV posted:

She's the best and if the WWE knew what it was doing she'd be doing a travel show with Cheese.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

She’s so adorable I want to find her childhood bullies and tie their shoelaces together

I don't know, I'm still pretty scared of Asuka :ohdear:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know, I'm still pretty scared of Asuka :ohdear:

YOu just need to get ready for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Namtab posted: