Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011

hambeet posted:

lol

you know what else is scummy, deliberately misrepresenting people.

I agree with you on that one :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

b-minus1 posted:

So it is. :( ##unvote

Do you just have to vote the same way I do??

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think he has to breath too.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

duck you autocorrect

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyways yeah I was hoping you'd test it out without telegraphing it but too late.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dancer posted:

This is where my view of b- starts turning scummy. You are suggesting now that all your posts so far have been jokes, am I correct? When several of us interpreted them as serious. Writing posts in a fashion that is ambiguous (I can only assume intentionally) so that you can come back later to declare what you meant, after you've figured out which way looks better, is absolutely a scummy thing to do.

##unvote

I'd probably still be willing to vote YPM. Also binus at this point. For more options I need to re-read.

I don't disagree with the idea that someone could act like this in certain but what exactly do you think b-minus could be hedging here... hoping we all lose our minds and go "yeah, I agree let's just turbo hambeet without any thought"

Am I misunderstanding something how your interpret b-minus here?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't disagree with the idea that someone could act like this in certain but what exactly do you think b-minus could be hedging here... hoping we all lose our minds and go "yeah, I agree let's just turbo hambeet without any thought"

People were starting to notice B's nonplay. Pretending it was part of joke phase is cover. Gaspy gave him an out and he took it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

That's a good point, and you're right that I can't really put my thumb on it. Whatever the reason might be, it's definitely not that, but there could be any number of other subtle (and not so subtle) reasons. Random speculative example: Maybe hambeet is his scumbud and, should hambeet ever flip, he wanted to be able to say "hey look, almost every scum will plant a random vote on their buddy in joke-phase, but they never actually insist on keeping that vote there." Then for some reason he changed his mind and decided to act like he was totally joking you guys. (in this example his supposed ambiguity wasn't intentional, but he didn't mind making use of it).

Do not ask me to figure out what's going on in that twisted mind of his :v: (at least not D1).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Retro Futurist posted:

Binus was initially very good but we broke him early on.

Hey I generally have an exceptional town game every three games or so... forgot which one I’m on though

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Re: B-Minus we need to LOCK HIM UP

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok I lied. It’s every 10 games

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Well I'm kinda tired of b- being uncooperative. Don't have a ton of experience but last time I saw someone never willing to provide reasons for their actions and refusing to legitimately engage with anyone's concerns regarding them Merk ended up flipping werewolf.

##: vote b-minus1

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

##: vote b-minus1

think I did that wrong

##vote b-minus1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ArbitraryC posted:

think I did that wrong

##vote b-minus1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah ok, this is starting to look like binus was trying to do something and then dropped it. Lookin scummy ##vote binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Gotta love day 1.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I need everyone to say "I am not scum" please and thank you

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok, this is starting to look like binus was trying to do something and then dropped it. Lookin scummy ##vote binus

Interesting.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

im not falling for that one

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
this seems like regular ol' bee man to me, will not vote for him d1

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I am not scum!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

Gotta love day 1.

what the gently caress are you doing my dude!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean going off flavour a copycat role makes a ton of sense. Buuut it's also a really obvious thing and a good shield so also the most clearly scummy behaviour to someone who doesn't know how people here usually play.

##vote b-minus 1

Your Personal Muse posted:

Who's A Sometimes Food and what does he think?

He. Also Australian with irregular working hours. So I will post at all kinds of hosed up times but mostly late afternoon-early morning Aus time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean going off flavour a copycat role makes a ton of sense. Buuut it's also a really obvious thing and a good shield so also the most clearly scummy behaviour to someone who doesn't know how people here usually play.

##vote b-minus 1

Where did b-minus claim a copycat role, or even hint at one?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jedit posted:

Where did b-minus claim a copycat role, or even hint at one?

They didn't but they were following Asphyxious' votes and then it was floated as a possible reason for their actions. Which is fair, the flavour of the game makes a copycat pretty likely. Buuuut now that that's out there it's harder to test. So I'm going with scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

They didn't but they were following Asphyxious' votes and then it was floated as a possible reason for their actions. Which is fair, the flavour of the game makes a copycat pretty likely. Buuuut now that that's out there it's harder to test. So I'm going with scum.

##vote A Sometimes Food

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Quick reminder that lurker guns are a thing. There are 6 people that have below 10 posts atm.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Quick reminder that lurker guns are a thing. There are 6 people that have below 10 posts atm.

who get's the lurker guns again?

:whip:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

talk to me oh great one

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

who get's the lurker guns again?

:whip:

The person with the most posts will gain one targeted at the one with the least posts, the person with the second most posts will gain one targeted at the second least posts, etc.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but all those jewels are my posts

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

Well poo poo.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah, you don't vote for the person who might have the role, you vote for the person casting shade.

##vote A Sometimes Food

Retro not looking good for the same reasons.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

I know. I'm always low volume day 1.

Do we have a deadline set yet?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jedit posted:

I know. I'm always low volume day 1.

Do we have a deadline set yet?

It's in the OP. Note that it's set for american people (at least it's supposed to, I suck at timezones), I won't be around at deadline.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Jedit posted:

Yeah, you don't vote for the person who might have the role, you vote for the person casting shade.

##vote A Sometimes Food

Retro is also on my list.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jedit posted:

##vote A Sometimes Food

Really? I'm used to being distrustful of people who try that.

Hell given the flavour even if he is a copycat he's probably scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*gaspy saddles up next to jedit on the bench*

"hey, let's be friends!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

*gaspy saddles up next to jedit on the bench*

"hey, let's be friends!"

And I just got "Gaspy" is Asphyxious :doh: