Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Looking forward to playing capitao and mercing clash with the fire arrows over and over on TTS tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

TheKingslayer posted:

Is there a link to the goon discord for Siege?

https://discord.gg/beekzz

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Clash sounds like she'll be a nightmare to be against in as long as she's competant and has a teammate to back her up. Maverick just sounds fun.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
So many dick holes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This just happened on my 2nd to last game before getting finally ranked :v:

Last round was someone with sofia vs 5 of us and they surrender, never had that to happen.

For all the frustrations, when poo poo goes right, is the most satisfying mp shooter right now. I know i'm bad but hell, a match like that with lesion/mute and buck/hibana.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Thanks to the goons on discord who walked me through my first 6 or so games, and 5 wins. The games not for me but I can see it's very good. Enjoy lads.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hot take: In-house all Recruit with Tactical Realism on is confusing as all gently caress. The Friendly Fire is STRONG.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Shockeh posted:

Hot take: In-house all Recruit with Tactical Realism on is confusing as all gently caress. The Friendly Fire is STRONG.

Can confirm. It's very good fun though, despite what Shockeh (and some of the others playing) say, however! :v: Since all players are either immediately opening up on everyone they see, or hesitating whenever they spot someone and then being shot, due to thinking the other person might be a friend... (which they quite possibly are, and are killed by them)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I need that Frost elite holy moly

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flipswitch posted:

I need that Frost elite holy moly

I just googled this, that's so silly. Nothing comes close to the IQ Elite skin though.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I just googled this, that's so silly. Nothing comes close to the IQ Elite skin though.

I think that the skin itself is not as silly, but combined with the cartoonish trap reskin it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy more goofy than TrIQsuit.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Major Isoor posted:

Can confirm. It's very good fun though, despite what Shockeh (and some of the others playing) say, however! :v: Since all players are either immediately opening up on everyone they see, or hesitating whenever they spot someone and then being shot, due to thinking the other person might be a friend... (which they quite possibly are, and are killed by them)

It's not, though.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Shockeh posted:

It's not, though.

if you dont like it it's probably good u dang rear end nerd

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

I think that the skin itself is not as silly, but combined with the cartoonish trap reskin it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy more goofy than TrIQsuit.

It's a huge bummer to me because I also love Frost and it's probably the first Elite I'd be willing to pick up, exceeeept it makes your traps so easy to see you might as well just play someone else. :argh:

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I bought the IQ Elite some time before her nerf and gently caress you Tom I want my money back, or at least let me swap it for the Frost Elite :(

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Grim Sky adds Favela to casual lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. I actually really want to play favela since I started playing when it was banished to terror hunt only

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
IQ's beachwear is as good as her elite IMO.

Also these new ops look fun, Clash is perfect for idiots who can't shoot (i.e. me)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Grim Sky adds Favela to casual lol

I hope they actually fixed it like they said they would, and not like they said they fixed Yacht.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope they actually fixed it like they said they would, and not like they said they fixed Yacht.

It is most definitely the exact same as before. Which is fine, it’s casual. Plus it will be really fun to see how maverick can break the map even more.

I’m pretty pleased.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

They were fixing yacht? Its exactly the same as it was at launch.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Yatch is completely the same except that the particle effect for ice is bugged and covers your whole arms when reinforcing certain walls.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

They were fixing yacht? Its exactly the same as it was at launch.

Yes, that's the joke. They said they were taking it out to fix it and then didn't change it at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you look very carefully they fixed Favela by making Hereford a Better Favela.

And Favela was great anyway. Not competitive, but a blast.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Did they set a definitive release date for Grim Sky yet?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

apparently r6db.com shut down :(

unrelated, my crew was doing team v team last night and we are bad and should feel bad https://streamable.com/ro3sy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started playing ranked for the first time and people kept yelling at me, I was trying my best, I guess I should read some guides or something

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Taintrunner posted:

I started playing ranked for the first time and people kept yelling at me, I was trying my best, I guess I should read some guides or something

lol no, just ignore them!

you can literally do whatever you want in ranked and treat it just like casual except the overall quality of matches will be better.

if someone is seriously getting mad at you then rest assured they are not as good as they think they are because an actual plat/diamond player can easily solo their way up to the top of gold by simply playing for kills.

what you're encountering are likely unironic tryhards that think they know everything. they are the same kind of players that will literally backseat drive you and not shut the gently caress up when they die. the funniest t hing about this (other than the fact that its a loving videogame) is that they might think they are helping but really they are just venting and their crybaby whining is drowning out the most important thing to situational awareness in Siege, which is the sound. Play with headphones if you haven't tried it yet! the sound in this game is currently unique and the best there is. experienced players use sound like echolocation its really insane how much it impacts the meta.

anyway, if some terrible sperg won't leave you alone a fun thing to do is wait until the match is started then discretely teamkill them or their gadgets once the action has started. chances are the real reason they are so mad is that they are so toxic they can't find anyone to play with them regularly (in one of the most active games on the market) to carry them to the top tier so the chances of their buddies ganging up and TKing you every round afterwards are lower than in casual. just don't do this too often. twice is enough to get kicked from the game and eat a 15 min ban for abandoning a ranked match but if make a habit out of TKing they will eventually ban you forreal

also join the discord for group games or add me in uplay because i generally play solo ranked and losing 5 games in a row doesn't matter since that just means you'll eventually encounter easier opponents

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Case in point: I solo queued tonight to a game where we handily lost first round of Kafe. A player starts mouthing off in voice chat about a team member who based on their voice is just a little kid. Me and someone playing with the kid told the idiot to shut up and play. In the end we win 4-2 with the whiner at handy 0-3-6 score. Even the kid got a single kill over that lol

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Taintrunner posted:

Play with us, all you really need to know is to shoot straight and map knowledge, both which you learn by just playing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah ignore loud mouthed idiots is the best thing to learn in siege. Also I've spent today just loving around playing shotguns and pistols only as a joke and it's surprising how often just opening a wall in a random place and blasting someone with a pistol works.

I'm gonna die to Maverick constantly

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you don't select an op in time, you get a random op.

RIP Recruit pick rates.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they need to just remove recruits now that everyone has the base level operators. they contribute more toxicity to the game than anything the devs intended in regards to testing out various weapons from the vanilla CTUs

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yatch is completely the same except that the particle effect for ice is bugged and covers your whole arms when reinforcing certain walls.

So it's completely the same

SMG-11/12/BearingM9 recoils are nutso now. RIP Lowkey OP Smoke

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

they need to just remove recruits now that everyone has the base level operators. they contribute more toxicity to the game than anything the devs intended in regards to testing out various weapons from the vanilla CTUs

agreed, just assign a random op

oh wait thats what theyre doing now

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

are they removing them completely? been watching clash/mav clips too much to keep up with the subtle nuances of UI development

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think they are keeping recruit just for people with starter edition, also since you can do stuff like attacking with a M870. It's Ubi so who knows...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The patch notes said they're keeping them for the few Recruit mains

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Guillermus posted:

I think they are keeping recruit just for people with starter edition, also since you can do stuff like attacking with a M870. It's Ubi so who knows...

Starter Edition starts with ops

Flipswitch posted:

The patch notes said they're keeping them for the few Recruit mains

gently caress Ubisoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah starter has ops but only 3 a side