Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol allison is gonna have all the keys by the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wait she never took the first two did she? She basically only has the real key right? probably she doesn't even need the lesser keys she just hasn't realized

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SniperWoreConverse posted:

wait she never took the first two did she? She basically only has the real key right? probably she doesn't even need the lesser keys she just hasn't realized

Yeah. If you have Sauron's "The One Ring" then you probably don't care to collect the lesser ones being worn by the ring wraiths.

Maybe not the best analogy because the key Alison has is a bit like having the source code for the universe and being able to tinker with it at will.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Archenteron posted:

That beautiful motherfucker has a halo around his halo :allears:

His crown is bigger than or at least comparable to Jagganoth's, despite their respective sizes, and in the picture where it showed all seven Demiurges sitting in thrones his was the highest.

It's kind of hilarious really; while superficially impressive or imposing, when you start to dig into it Solomon's posturing seems incredibly insecure and/or petty. His fall is going to be extremely satisfying.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Dad God

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

A realm overrun by large adult sons

No, you dope, you ninnyhammer. Exactly backwards.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Mazerunner posted:

I liked Jagganoth better when I thought he was a giant hosed up elephant man, and didn't know he was actually just a big dude in giant elephant man armour

People said the same thing about the space jockey in Alien.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I really like how this is going

NO YOU ALL SUCK, YOU WANT THIS CROWN TAKE IT LIKE I DID YOU GODDAMN PUSSIES.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A.o.D. posted:

People said the same thing about the space jockey in Alien.

Prometheus was turbo dumb. IMO ancient astronaut gods are crap, uninteresting, and lazy.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Bongo Bill posted:

Could it be anything but Pride?

That's his sin, but not his syllable of Royalty. The remaining words are Blade, Mind, Beast, and Diamond. Mind or Diamond seem to fit best.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Would've thought Jadis would be Diamond but that's a bit on the nose

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xarbala posted:

Would've thought Jadis would be Diamond but that's a bit on the nose

I assumed she was Mind, given what she was known for prior to being entombed.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I dunno Mammon was Tower and that's incredibly on the nose.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Allison will draw exactly two drops of blood, and Solomon-David will deny her her wish because of such a gross display of lack of control.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

"You...you BESTED me! Anything you wish is yours. My kingdom is yours!"
"I just want my boyfriend"
"What?"
"Well, actually, he's not really my boyfriend per se, more like a hookup."
"Boyfriend..."
"Yeah, strike that. Just this guy I know. My girlfriend would get upset if she heard me call him that"
"Oi! I'm not a girl blubberbrains!"
"Whatever. Devil friend sounds weird."
"..."

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm down for the incoming patriarchal C-C-C-Combo breaker

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

M. Propagandalf posted:

I'm down for the incoming patriarchal C-C-C-Combo breaker

Holy poo poo Allison is literally going to fight to take down the Patriarchy.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
This page does a pretty solid job of showing the detachment immortality would bring even to people as close as family. Solomon's justice seems harsh to his subjects but from his point of view, the judgement is recorded forever whereas the judged are fleeting.

Tenebrais posted:

An average generation is about 25 years, so yeah, you're looking at less than 700 years. Other possiblities though:

- Solomon David sires one generation every thousand years or something. All these dudes look a similar age, assuming the purple-robed guys are just assistants and not successors.

- Solomon David's progeny live a hell of a long time.

Both pretty plausible.
It could be that he only set up the council relatively recently.

Roland Jones posted:

It's kind of hilarious really; while superficially impressive or imposing, when you start to dig into it Solomon's posturing seems incredibly insecure and/or petty.
Does it?

ConanTheLibrarian fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 26, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Solomon is above such petty mortal indulgences like opening your mouth to speak

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 26, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

That's his sin, but not his syllable of Royalty. The remaining words are Blade, Mind, Beast, and Diamond. Mind or Diamond seem to fit best.

This chapter is called King of Swords, so that raises the possibility of Blade if Incubus is Mind and Jadis is Diamond. It also opened with this quote:

quote:

“The Star Emperor is a man of great stature, with an oiled beard and stern countenance. He does not concern himself, as his kin do, with plotting and scheming against each other, but chiefly with the exercise of ruling. His primary concern is justice. His subjects live fairly, peaceably, and one might say even well, if not for the heavy blade of the law constantly grazing the tender skin of their necks.”

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Darth Walrus posted:

This chapter is called King of Swords, so that raises the possibility of Blade if Incubus is Mind and Jadis is Diamond.

Aw poo poo it's this, it's gotta be

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

This chapter is called King of Swords, so that raises the possibility of Blade if Incubus is Mind and Jadis is Diamond. It also opened with this quote:

Incubus is Flame; we're left with Jagganoth (gotta be Beast), Gog-Agog and Jadis. Who could both take Mind or Diamond either way. Good call.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gog-agog Beast, Jadis Diamond and Jagganoth Mind.

It's been hinted Jaggs is quite the nerd.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I can't wait to see Salami Dave's strife contest

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

didn't operant say Incubus is the best at swords some time? doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be Sword, but it wouldn't be a surprise

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

didn't operant say Incubus is the best at swords some time? doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be Sword, but it wouldn't be a surprise

Flame

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Incubus is just usurping Maya's word of royalty, remember, so his isn't supposed to fit all that well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Flame fits, though. He turns people's ambition up to eleven, they consume themselves as they consume everything around them, and turn into pathetic husks shouting "MORE".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

DancingShade posted:

Maybe they simply don't realize it works like that. The supreme smug dude probably doesn't want to tell everyone that if he brains himself falling down some stairs the first person to find his corpse gets to be the next purple god-king.

Turns out Solomon is extremely up front about how it works :v:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Solomon David, looking totally ripped and wearing a Stand of Oaks shirt: "the first to draw a single drop of blood from me shall inherit my vinyl collection."

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Extremely surprised the dude hasn't gotten himself Caesar'd yet :ese:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ides of march, only caesar instead fights off all the conspirators with his bare hands, including an additional seven hundred and seventy seven descending from heaven on columns of fire

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Renaissance Robot posted:

Extremely surprised the dude hasn't gotten himself Caesar'd yet :ese:

You refer, of course, to the petulant son who is a even greater disappointment than Solomon's usual get? I wonder myself how that no-hoper managed to stay on the council myself, I bet he can't even to do 10 push ups, Solomon's like a gazillion years older and far more in shape.

edit: Seriously, while eating breakfast Solomon probably had one son try to get a Caesar on, another son counter-coup in the hope to impress his dad, and a third poison them both because chaos is a ladder.

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 26, 2018

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon probably fights off like three backstabbing sons yelling "FATHEEERRRR! I WILL FINALLY BRING YOUR REIGN TO AN END!" a day and be all "I have no idea who you are" every time because the sons who are dumb enough to think they can bring him down are beneath his notice.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if a crowd of your failsons can bring you down with little knives, you probably aren't Royalty anyway

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yak of Wrath posted:

edit: Seriously, while eating breakfast Solomon probably had one son try to get a Caesar on, another son counter-coup in the hope to impress his dad, and a third poison them both because chaos is a ladder.

so its like that one line about Lord Vetinari that goes something like "there were a dozen plots against him running concurrently at any given time, half of which he had started himself to weed out troublemakers"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Damned millennials, always wanting to just inherit the power of the cosmos, never thinking to simply take it from the cold, dead hands of their parents.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sirtommygunn posted:

Damned millennials, always wanting to just inherit the power of the cosmos, never thinking to simply take it from the cold, dead hands of their parents.

SOLOMON 2012 KILL UR PARENTS

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
None of these guys have keys either, so he doesn't even trust his idiot sons with that much. I bet the guy can't delegate and doesn't share with anyone else either if he can't even trust his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I thought we heard about emissaries of Solomon David previously, though?
My theory is that he's just selfish enough regarding his power not to lend keys to anyone who might actually try to overthrow him, like his sons here. "You can beat me if you take me down... but you don't get any of the special god-power skull jewelry that turbo-charges me."