Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

infernal machines posted:

Yes. Also you can't tow it normally because there's no way to disengage the parking brake if the system won't boot.

And it has to go to the dealership tesla store

but when youre able to boot it up again elon installed the old snake game from nokia cellphones, remember snake! aha oh elon thank you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Teal posted:

So what happens when the car does that as I park in an underground garage with no cellular signal of other means of getting internet to it?

Do I literally order a towtruck to bring it out for some internet?

there's also plenty of people who live out in the country where cell service is really poo poo

just enough cell service to get pinged that an update is required

but not enough service to actually download the update lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

slippery doc posted:

there's also plenty of people who live out in the country where cell service is really poo poo

just enough cell service to get pinged that an update is required

but not enough service to actually download the update lmao

leave it to tesla to make a car that needs dlc in order to even start

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I bought 70 tesla loot crates and i still haven't unlocked the sport suspension mode

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FAUXTON posted:

leave it to tesla to make a car that needs dlc in order to even start

why not, they already did it with battery capacity, the robot that murders you with the car, and ABS brakes on the model 3

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

I bought 70 tesla loot crates and i still haven't unlocked the sport suspension mode

I keep getting duplicate Grimes tracks for the audio system

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, but seriously, they shipped the model 3 with brakes that performed worse than a 60s era land boat with drum brakes, and no one noticed until consumer reports published a review saying "this car will literally kill your whole family", at which point tesla went "oops" and pushed an over-the-air firmware update that re-calibrated the ABS.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

why not, they already did it with battery capacity, the robot that murders you with the car, and ABS brakes on the model 3

the destiny 2 of cars lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you might think this is hyperbole, but it's not

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

rich doofuses are paying $80 grand for a pre alpha early access car that won't be playable until 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Included at no extra cost with your new Tesla:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ShriekingMarxist posted:

rich doofuses are paying $80 grand for a pre alpha early access car that won't be playable until 2021

oh so it's the star citizen of cars

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Included at no extra cost with your new Tesla:

each tesla includes the music video for the song "Buddy Holly" by Weezer

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Unfortunately there has been an issue with the car

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Unfortunately there has been an issue with the car

lol ok what in the hell is this Billy Joel Sega cd catastrophe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

shiksa posted:

lol ok what in the hell is this Billy Joel Sega cd catastrophe

https://twitter.com/SegaCDgames/status/904359415863791616

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The image was made by an account that makes fake covers of sega cd games.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Studio posted:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

aw drat I was hoping that was real. I should know better, I follow that stupid account.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The saddest part is, two of the songs are demos for 'Sleeping with the Television On', and 'Thru The Long Night (With You)'. The only people interested in those two are completists!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i would actually want to own a tesla if that was the only problem

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

no, but seriously, they shipped the model 3 with brakes that performed worse than a 60s era land boat with drum brakes, and no one noticed until consumer reports published a review saying "this car will literally kill your whole family", at which point tesla went "oops" and pushed an over-the-air firmware update that re-calibrated the ABS.

Tesla fans praised this as "wow look at that free OTA enhancements for your car!" instead of wondering how they ever left the factory in that condition

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I like that they assume that the Consumer Reports test track in Connecticut is the problem with the car's abysmal braking distance, since the death machine performed *below average* on the Edmunds perfectly maintained race car track. Nevermind that the CR track is probably about average for an American road and represents real-world driving conditions.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Teal posted:

So what happens when the car does that as I park in an underground garage with no cellular signal of other means of getting internet to it?

Do I literally order a towtruck to bring it out for some internet?

*attaches a cell phone repeater to a very long pair of jumper leads and walks up 5 levels of ramps until it gets signal*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The tesla has a built in 3.25" floppy drive installed behind the rear driver's side strut, you can go to a desktop computer with Internet and a floppy drive and copy the firmware update onto 50-60 diskettes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i don't believe you, an anroid app these days eats up 200 megs of ram, there's no way a firmware fits on less than five figgies of floppies

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually there's a laserdisk player under the fleece in the frunk.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Plus there's a backup punchcard system that reads off the battery packs!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

elons gonna sell a thumb drive with software that lets you bypass update requirements for one day and charge 60 bucks for it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!
Young Orc

Truga posted:

just thinking of guillotines is giving me wood

https://teespring.com/guillotine-by-da-share-z0ne?tsmac=store&tsmic=dasharez0ne#pid=369&cid=6513&sid=front

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

elons gonna sell a thumb drive with software that lets you bypass update requirements for one day and charge 6000 bucks for it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lote posted:

Considering the air conditioning kills the battery, why are there a bunch of people signing up for it in Texas? The range will be so much less.

It may surprise you to learn that people dumping huge amounts of money on a poorly designed status symbol don't often spend a lot of time investigating the practicality of their purchase!

quote:

Also, the Tesla Reddit boards are full delusional right now. All news is good news. It’s really fun to see the logic pretzels.

This is good for bitcoin Tesla!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FAUXTON posted:

nah destiny 2 launched on time.

this is a much more appropriate comparison:

Studio posted:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Young Orc

ShriekingMarxist posted:

it's 2018 guernica

lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shifty Pony posted:

nah destiny 2 launched on time.

this is a much more appropriate comparison:

Is there anything elon musk touches that launches on time

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Young Orc

anime was right posted:

in america its called a retrunk

:pusheen:

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

quote:

car citizen

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Young Orc

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/tesla-model-3-review-falls-short-of-consumer-reports-recommendation/

CR review, if anyone is curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

brake checking teslas on the highway seems like a fun game