Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al! posted:

at night they can complain about feckless females and sjws in the glow of the giant rotting candy wall

oh riiiight notch has that wall of stale candy cause reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

bring back old gbs posted:

but don't for a second think that hasnt prevented musk from trashing millions of dollars of SpaceX engineering because it "didnt look cool enough" to his genius idea eyes

There are persistent rumors that powered landing on Dragon was always marginal but pushed for by "upper management" until it was non-viable. Plus the original control panel being totally unrepresentative of the final thing, despite Musk's assurances to the contrary. Oh and they won't be reusing the Crew Dragons anymore... but Musk is probably already distracted by is BFR dreams.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

that's the reason anyone is ever in charge of anything

a good answer cuts off the narrow questions and the wide :hai:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

he got a candy wall and then filled it with the shittiest candy. tootsie rolls and at least three kind of lovely gift bag filler chocolates? what the gently caress?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agrajag posted:

that is how they sold the house

i don't know why anyone needs a candy room, but i guess i'd rather have a candy room than no candy room. just to have it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

lmao elon has to get off on humiliation, it's the only explanation

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1034837790473637893?s=19

:holymoley: hes melting down

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

i don't know why anyone needs a candy room, but i guess i'd rather have a candy room than no candy room. just to have it

I, too, want an ant room in my mansion

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Concerned Citizen posted:

its intended for having your entire entourage living there + hosting huge parties, not for a single goonlord to angrily tweet about feminists in a corner room

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

BioMe posted:

Oh piss off, just because they have lucid moments doesn't mean he's not 99% of the time the awesome edgy science Mary Sue who owns all the dumb normies

the worst thing about that show is the remaining 1% that enables these well-actuallys

:ok:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Krankenstyle posted:

its intended for having your entire entourage living there + hosting huge parties, not for a single goonlord to angrily tweet about feminists in a corner room

the only thing on my mind when at a party is booze booze and booze

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's crazy to me that elon musk had one of the most expensive tweets ever when he libeled an international hero for no reason, and then proceeded to make ANOTHER of the most expensive tweets ever when he burned his billion dollar car company to make a 420 joke, and now he's going back to see if he can make the first tweet even more expensive. he's just like "hold my boer"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Al! posted:

that's the reason anyone is ever in charge of anything

That or the willingness to use violence

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Agronox posted:

Notch, Elon, and Ian Miles Cheong? Now that's a sitcom.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Notch, Elon, and Ian Miles Cheong? Now that's a sitcom.

Two Men and a Baby

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Grimey foolishly got trapped in the invisible world trying to save the children and can now only be saved by azealia banks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the pedo story is nothing watch this

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/1034816174184226817

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bunch of Thai soccer kids stuck in a cave set off a runaway reaction of a billionaire severely owning himself again and again. When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh to the sky.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

u can get a lot done if u pay smart people to do things while taking all, the credit for their accomplishments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

CoolCab posted:

it's crazy to me that elon musk had one of the most expensive tweets ever when he libeled an international hero for no reason, and then proceeded to make ANOTHER of the most expensive tweets ever when he burned his billion dollar car company to make a 420 joke, and now he's going back to see if he can make the first tweet even more expensive. he's just like "hold my boer"

He himself is a goddamn billionaire with an international fan club, he's basically won at life, he's at the very top of the social ladder and there are dozens of institutions and and media outlets that will do their damndest to keep him there

and yet he's such a little bitch he somehow manages to keep digging down by the sheer power of insecurity

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BioMe posted:

lol is he seriously complaining the diver guy gets undeserved credit for being rescuer when he was only a rescue team coordinator?

*knocks on neighbors door*

Uhhh yeah, hi...I'm legally obligated to tell you I am a registered sex offender, charged and convicted of the crime of having a job title that may be found technically, but not actually, misleading when interpreted by pedantic weirdos or persons recovering from a very very recent head injury.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
idgi like people lose money when he does poo poo like this, how does the board tolerate it? or are they just stuck because the entire company is based on his brandsona?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

red19fire posted:

No you guys don't get it. Anyone brave/stupid enough to go into a tunnel dug by Elon 'No Need To Consult Experts' Musk in earthquake-prone Los Angeles is a perfect candidate for his mars colonization suicide mission. It's not a tunnel project, it's an evaluation process.

elon "safety third" musk surely has the public's best interests at heart and doesn't need to be subject to all of these cripplingly slow and boring environmental impact studies

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Agronox posted:

I mean it wouldn't be bad if you did it properly- just replace all those candy dispensers with a huge wall mounted colony, it would be rad as heck

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

this is cute actually

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Astroturf

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cargo cult posted:

idgi like people lose money when he does poo poo like this, how does the board tolerate it? or are they just stuck because the entire company is based on his brandsona?

Tesla is a company built off a cult of personality, the only thing that would legitimately cause a shareholder revolt is kicking out Elon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1034814077141315584

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LGD posted:

I mean it wouldn't be bad if you did it properly- just replace all those candy dispensers with a huge wall mounted colony, it would be rad as heck

Okay, I want an ant wall now.

Cooler than stupid candy, easier to manage than an aquarium.

Like this map of Rotterdamn ant farm, but bigger:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Grimey foolishly got trapped in the invisible world trying to save the children and can now only be saved by azealia banks

please don't spoil my next d&d campaign

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Raldikuk posted:

Given the high stakes for every flight I'm not so sure it is all that reasonable. Every manufacturer I have worked for does quality checks (usually a sample granted) on every shipment that comes in to make sure it meets spec. And no way in hell would we trust the vendor to have done it properly.

And it isn't like it was the payload that had a strut failure they didnt check.... the strut was going into the second stage. So yeah they absolutely should have checked it.

Edit: and to be clear the factories I've worked for are poo poo like packaging cereal or manufacturing cardboard boxes. Yet they still quality checked their supplies as if they were doing multi million dollar runs. Why give a pass to a company manufacturing rockets for potentially billion dollar cargos?
You know better than I do, good info. Maybe they ordered a shitload of them and got unlucky on the spot checks?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm honestly baffled how Elon didn't manage to blow his companies and his reputation up until this year. He's so stupid I'm shocked he even got SpaceX off the ground in the first place.

Really, his career should've ended about five minutes after his first rocket blew up when he was caught trying to gently caress Buzz Aldrin's dog or something like that.
He didn't have a rabid fanbase until SpaceX became successful.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah the valuation of tesla only makes sense if you project they will dominate the markets for cars, batteries, and solar panels and since this is capitalism a company can only be a success if it has Great Man Visionary Leadership

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

By the way, SpaceX will be ferrying astronauts to the launch tower in the Model X. Apparently nobody learned anything from Apollo 1.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

weird that famed engineer elon musk has a problem with a journalist using the wrong job title

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i bet spacex is also shittily run but can get away with it because their only competition is literally lockheed whose speciality is also multizillion dollars vehicles that dont work, whereas the car industry often makes products that work

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

as a resident of silver lake there’s no loving way Elon is gonna build a loving tunnel under my house, I demand another planning meeting so I can go give these people a piece of my mind I tell you hwat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

A MIRACLE posted:

there’s no loving way Elon is gonna build a loving tunnel under my house

you're right

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

also, these loving astrturfers I swear to god if I see them they are also getting a piece of my mind. the boring company tried to recruit me onto their software engineering team a few weeks ago and I’m tempted to interview and work there with the express intent of sabotaging their lovely project so it never gets off the ground. seriously a loving lovely car tunnel under sunset has to be the worst loving idea. if anything a road diet and expanded bus schedule would be way way better for connecting los Feliz to the baseball field and cost like nothing I mean come on

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Okan170 posted:

"We are assured that none of the tunnel options would run under anyone’s homes or businesses. "

Um, how is that going to be even remotely possible considering the entire stadium is surrounded by neighborhoods?

Most of the tunnels on the London Underground and the NY Subway (and I assume most other underground railways systems) run under roads because it's much easier to negotiate the easement with a single entity than hundreds of land owners.

The first tracks on the Underground *had* to go under roads because they were done as cut-and-cover (i.e. dig up ground, put down tracks, build roof over them, put ground on roof), so they'd have had to demolish thousands of buildings - the technology existed to dig tunnels without doing that of course, but it had to be very close to the surface because the trains were pulled by steam engines and they needed frequent vents. The first "tube" lines, dug as proper tunnels, still followed roads when under the City because land owners had land rights all the way to the centre of the Earth, which is why the Central and Northern Lines around Bank and Monument in particular feel like a roller coaster as they struggle to keep in a roadplan laid out by Saxon goat herds.

Crossrail is deep enough it can just go in straight lines everywhere but Farringdon - because it's in the City - but they still have a legal requirement to prevent any kind of subsidence, and the monitoring for that is a pretty big portion of the civil engineering budget.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

big dyke energy posted:

please don't spoil my next d&d campaign

sounds like fun, what classes are ms banks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

A MIRACLE posted:

also, these loving astrturfers I swear to god if I see them they are also getting a piece of my mind. the boring company tried to recruit me onto their software engineering team a few weeks ago and I’m tempted to interview and work there with the express intent of sabotaging their lovely project so it never gets off the ground. seriously a loving lovely car tunnel under sunset has to be the worst loving idea. if anything a road diet and expanded bus schedule would be way way better for connecting los Feliz to the baseball field and cost like nothing I mean come on
we've identified the rogue engineer