Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Simply Simon posted:

Ya I know I can triple super easy

But I don't wanna

Next Summoner I get will be job faired away, it's just the worst job from an entertainment perspective. You just win.

Heh, my second run was a Fifth Job run where I lost Berserker and gained Summoner (so I basically I only had Berserker for the exact stretch of time is it at its most useful, and replaced it with Summoner right around the time it moves from "good" to "I destroy everything"). I almost certainly won't finish this before the deadline but it's been a fun run regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

for all the 🍑 out there

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ranger w/ rapid fire and a bow
red mage w/ rapid fire and the chicken knife
blue mage w/ white for boosted aerogas and general utility
white mage w/ dualcast to uh checks notes do double the damage of anyone else

:toot:

had to level up so high to beat omega that i just kind of stomped shinryu and ned. so it goes

god dualcast holy owns so much

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Finally gotta admit to myself I'm not finishing that second run. In hindsight, deciding to do my second run on a ROM after doing my first on an actual GBA cart was a bad move, because my desk is an ergonomic nightmare and I just couldn't find a comfortable way to play. Hopefully that'll be fixed by next year!

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

GeminiSun posted:

Finally gotta admit to myself I'm not finishing that second run. In hindsight, deciding to do my second run on a ROM after doing my first on an actual GBA cart was a bad move, because my desk is an ergonomic nightmare and I just couldn't find a comfortable way to play. Hopefully that'll be fixed by next year!

Not a perfect solution, but the emulator (on Android) that I used syncs itself with Dropbox. So I could play on my downtime at work on my phone, or load up the appropriate software on my computer at home. The system worked great for me. The emulator was JohnGBA.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Finished my 17th run of the season just in the nick of time. I'm going to miss Fiesta. It is truly the most wonderful time of the year.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Close to finishing my run, I kinda got a boringly strong party (BLU/NIN/CHM/ORA) and got bored and put it off a while. I could probably make a run for the void right from the pyramid, but I think I want to go get some World 3 stuff first. But I don't know what World 3 stuff, because it's a Forbidden run.

Am I allowed to / is it against the spirit of the thing for me to do my Void tweet now, and then not actually head straight to the void, just to know if I need to get Blue Magic or Chemist Ingredients or Scrolls or what?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I did exactly that because grinding for stuff you don't actually need is just dumb.

Also, you could always go into the void to grab stuff or grind or whatever and use that possibility as an excuse...

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Welp, one answer agreeing with what I wanted to do anyways is good enough, I've gotta get this done.

Ninja, noooo. I guess Read Ahead is a decent substitute for Smoke.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's the last day, take whatever advantage you want outside of outright using the wrong jobs

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
No donation time extension? Guess it's time to kick in for my Quickleak :toxx:

It WAS only supposed to be $1 per QL up to $25, but gently caress it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The donation time limit is today?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I imagine that Exodia one has already hit the max, but in case it hasn't:

finally got around to finishing mine

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
There we go.

MagusDraco posted:

Magusdraco is Havenwaters just FYI. I changed my name cause "gently caress it just gonna use the one I've used since I was 10."

Sorry about the miscount
Oh nooooo. :gonk:

Nah, it's good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Bad Seafood posted:

There we go.

Oh nooooo. :gonk:

Nah, it's good.

Heh, alright. Kiiiinda forgot it was also on a "per run" thing.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Doom Goon posted:

And it could be worse, I was the only person to do my :toxx: (granted, it was a small :1bux:, but the Randomizer is still a cool program)!
I just wrapped up my randomizer run, going to do a write up for it in a few hours after getting food. :toot:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nihilarian posted:

I imagine that Exodia one has already hit the max, but in case it hasn't:

finally got around to finishing mine

Unfortunately it has, but congrats!

...I still haven't finished mine.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

:neckbeard:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The donation time limit is today?
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1035676991540744192
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1035677093164535808

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Only completed 2 runs this year. It turns out getting married chewed up a good chunk of my summer.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

poo poo I have been having trouble getting the sub minute fire ship donation through and then the deadline caught me.

I might have to make it an independent donation to child's play.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

poo poo, I was planning on using the 3x reflect ring strat for Omega but I forgot to hold on to a set of diamond gear. Probably should have kept some sage surplices too. I've got enough time to walk back out of the rift, but do I really want to?

E: Wait, I don't have a heavy armor or shield job, so I can only equip one piece anyway. gently caress it, Omega gets to live.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 1, 2018

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Nevermind, it was the specific card that was the problem.

The best part about finally getting the sub-minute time myself is that I finally stopped caring about how long I took to sail to Crescent.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

fits posted:

god dualcast holy owns so much

One of my finest moments this year was blasting Necrophobia with staff-boosted dualcast holy for roughly 16000 damage and completely bypassing the Gilgamesh scene.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A contract was made.

A contract is fulfilled.

Sorry I was really distant this fiesta, depression is a gently caress. But I'm glad everyone had a good fiesta season. :unsmith:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Done with my second run! :toot: I did an Extra Spicy run last year, and the main thing I took away is that no750 jobs tend to do fine regardless of what the randomizer gave them since most of their power is in their equipment, so I wanted to get a sense of how 750 jobs fare since they're very reliant on a good ability with a random 750 run (Black Mage/Time Mage/White Mage/Geomancer).

Turns out it's very variable. Faris, for example, had !Iainuki as a Black Mage, which while useful for handling random encounters, made her a dead weight in many boss battles. Lenna's Geomancer similarly had !Control, another skill useless against bosses. On the flip side, Bartz got !Zeninage, which isn't exactly a random encounter friendly skill without lots of money.

The other problem with the randomizer currently is that the skill trees are too expensive, I ended up not getting many useful skills from training and relied mainly on the innate skills to beat the game. Thankfully one of those innate skills was !Mix, which gave me one of the lowest level fiestas ever: Leaving World 1 at level 12/13, World 2 at ~level 17-18 and beating Exdeath at level 22. I did most of the run on the last two days, so I blitzed through the game, barely picking anything up and even fighting Exdeath with only two Hermes Sandals. If my jobs hadn't gotten mix I probably would have been forced to grind out a lot of AP to get useful skills, so that's something to fix for the randomizer next year!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Lol Almagest got petrified by a reflected delta attack.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

A contract was made.

A contract is fulfilled.

Hell, same.*

*I made my contract when it was 1 cent per rod, unfortunately I can't afford to double it right now. Ten cent speed traps are fine though!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gladiator was real boring. Didn't help that it was on a defacto no750 run

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope next year we can get a #GBA modifier, including the Necromancer. Or if RK really wants to avoid cheating in jobs for assigned jobs, make Necromancer job fair only.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Man, saved by time zone differences. Obviously way late for Exodia; also had to do Exdeath twice because the my screencap hosed up.
Could go for the Triple Crown with BLU/CHM/ORA, but I really don't feel like it.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Well, it was late but I finally finished my run. I left it to the last minute this year. Another Exodia although it's way too late.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I spent way too long banging my head against Omega, but at 11:40 PST on the final day I finished my Black Mage/Berserker/Samurai/Gladiator forbidden run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

berenzen posted:

Only completed 2 runs this year. It turns out getting married chewed up a good chunk of my summer.

:same: though I was used to being married; the thing that chewed up most of my summer was getting rid of abusive in-laws.

Kyrosiris posted:

depression is a gently caress.

Also this.

Regardless, I hope the spirit of the fiesta has blessed you all.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dumb move by SE to release Octopath Traveler during Fiesta season, but two completed runs in one season is a record for me so I'm cool with it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I ended up doing 6 runs, which felt nice. I'm not burnt out like I have the past few summers and kind of wish I could do another. Mid-summer got too packed and I didn't have as much weekend time as I would have liked. Can't wait for the next one!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1036039502676910082

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I wonder if it's just gonna be Chrono Trigger again or if RK's got something else planned.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I hope it's something different, besides the thrill of playing Chrono Trigger again the idea is kind of a dud.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
first year making less than the previous, and significantly less at that. that's really disappointing, i wonder what the cause was. maybe poor social media penetration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Relin posted:

first year making less than the previous, and significantly less at that. that's really disappointing, i wonder what the cause was. maybe poor social media penetration?

Octopath traveller.

I didn't fiesta at all this year because I dumped 80 hours into that game.