Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Elohssa Gib posted:

I was getting caught up and this one has been pulled does anyone remember/have a mirror of what it was

https://twitter.com/Bundesliga_EN/status/1035968029891457024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
BBQ Becky 911 calls released.
Gets more interesting at 1:30.

At 5:30 the 911 operator asks if she has ever been in a mental institution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaU1h0QiLo

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/CjscSM1.mp4

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/stranger-knocks-out-350pound-shoplifting-suspect-with-one-punch-police-say/824759633

350-pound shoplifter who attacked employees got laid out in one punch by a mysterious stranger.

bystanders reported that a nearby Detective Nick Valentine appeared to be "agitated" by the incident

Ommin posted:

I hate cops, except when I love them. And the cops in this video a goddamn heroes.

some sovereign idiot near my hometown figured he was really slam dunking the cops when he managed to obtain the body cam footage of his arrest. I always hated this particular police department, but made an exception in this case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQYBBN87ej4

EDIT: lol, his channel has another "I'm gonna shout some magic words at the cops" video from two months later

Rev. Bleech_ has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Sep 3, 2018

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/eldahshan/status/1035929578626318336?s=19

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Air Serbia chocolate mousse

https://twitter.com/Sunkissbeach12/status/1036187379479072769?s=19

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The guy just comes out of nowhere like he was sent just for this

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

BovineFury posted:

BBQ Becky 911 calls released.

Haha, she waited around for 2 hours for the cops to come while picking a fight with the people she called about? Idiot.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

What's happening here?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What's happening here?

I believe this might be footage of the shoplifter that got knocked out from this article.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

EDIT: lol, his channel has another "I'm gonna shout some magic words at the cops" video from two months later

"Magic words" is absolutely the best description I've heard for that bullshit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

What's happening here?

Massive dude just walked out of the front of a shop with all his stuff without paying thinking "man ain't no one gonna call me on this I'm huge gently caress all y'all". Employees are like "dude that's hosed, they take that out of our paycheck (I don't actually know this but :911:)" and then the other guy, complete stranger, walks up and flattens the massive guy with one punch.

Massive guy is listed as 6'2" 350lbs from his prison records.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ohhhh that's the video of that incident, thanks all

lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trabant posted:

"Magic words" is absolutely the best description I've heard for that bullshit.

That one Canadian judge talks about it in similar terms. It's like they think the legal system is vulnerable to SQL injection or cheat codes, and if they just put the right words in in the right order, or trick someone else into doing so, they'll unlock invulnerability and free money and invisibility and noclip. And that all of the successful people in the world aren't actually successful and lucky, they just know how to cheat correctly.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Somfin posted:

And that all of the successful people in the world aren't actually successful and lucky, they just know how to cheat correctly.

Well I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

That one Canadian judge talks about it in similar terms. It's like they think the legal system is vulnerable to SQL injection or cheat codes, and if they just put the right words in in the right order, or trick someone else into doing so, they'll unlock invulnerability and free money and invisibility and noclip. And that all of the successful people in the world aren't actually successful and lucky, they just know how to cheat correctly.

They're like DnD nerds that think they're casting protection from lawful IRL.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Somfin posted:

This is one of my favs from 2012

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

The best starts in Section IV of the ruling.

quote:

[76] So where is that Mr. Meads (all capitals)? At one point in the June 8 hearing Mr. Meads said that Mr. Meads (all capitals) was a “corporate entity” attached to his birth certificate. Later, he told me that the other Mr. Meads was a “person” - and that I had created him! Again, total nonsense.

[77] The bluntly idiotic substance of Mr. Mead’s argument explains the unnecessarily complicated manner in which it was presented. OPCA arguments are never sold to their customers as simple ideas, but instead are byzantine schemes which more closely resemble the plot of a dark fantasy novel than anything else. Latin maxims and powerful sounding language are often used. Documents are often ornamented with many strange marking and seals. Litigants engage in peculiar, ritual‑like in court conduct. All these features appear necessary for gurus to market OPCA schemes to their often desperate, ill‑informed, mentally disturbed, or legally abusive customers. This is crucial to understand the non-substance of any OPCA concept or strategy. The story and process of a OPCA scheme is not intended to impress or convince the Courts, but rather to impress the guru’s customer.

[78] Mediaeval alchemy is a helpful analogue. Alchemists sold their services based on the theatre of their activities, rather than demonstrated results, or any analytical or systematic methodology. OPCA gurus are modern legal alchemists. They promise gold, but their methods are principally intended to impress the gullible, or those who wish to use this drivel to abuse the court system. Any lack of legal success by the OPCA litigant is, of course, portrayed as a consequence of the customer’s failure to properly understand and apply the guru’s special knowledge.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

What's happening here?

Tall and fat does not equal big and tough.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Mizuti posted:

Haha, she waited around for 2 hours for the cops to come while picking a fight with the people she called about? Idiot.

A fire truck apparently did coast once by to see if there was trouble in regards to legit fire causing concerns, but left after seeing it was just some dudes BBQing with a regular ol' BBQ grill.

So yes she stuck around for 2 hours even after professional fire fuckers didn't see a problem.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Somfin posted:

In some cases, they're right :smugdon:

Anyway, *PING*:
Preacher carrying ‘you deserve to be raped’ sign hit over the head by baseball bat-wielding woman

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

quote:

Latin maxims and powerful sounding language are often used. Documents are often ornamented with many strange marking and seals. Litigants engage in peculiar, ritual‑like in court conduct.

The same is true for actual law tbh

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*Harry Potterishly* ad valorem!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Modus Pwnens posted:

The same is true for actual law tbh

I sometimes wonder if that's what keeps people trying various sovcit bullshit. The actual law is full of strange verbiage and stranger logic, and people can convince themselves they've discovered some top-secret instruction set they can use to crash the system. I mean, Captain Kirk could talk a computer to death using its own logic against it, why shouldn't they be able to do the same to the powerful-but-byzantine system they're up against?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/kevingchristy/status/1036077000727777280

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Memento posted:

Massive dude just walked out of the front of a shop with all his stuff without paying thinking "man ain't no one gonna call me on this I'm huge gently caress all y'all". Employees are like "dude that's hosed, they take that out of our paycheck (I don't actually know this but :911:)"

I watched a shitload of shoplifters get away back when I did retail and never once did it get taken out of my check as a cashier. There were more than enouh reasons to hate the job, but that wasn’t one of them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Memento posted:

Massive dude just walked out of the front of a shop with all his stuff without paying thinking "man ain't no one gonna call me on this I'm huge gently caress all y'all". Employees are like "dude that's hosed, they take that out of our paycheck (I don't actually know this but :911:)" and then the other guy, complete stranger, walks up and flattens the massive guy with one punch.

Massive guy is listed as 6'2" 350lbs from his prison records.

Legally, in the US, they can not take out money out of your paycheck for shoplifting or the drawer being short.

Doesn't stop the companies from doing that, though.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
How does a sov cit buy a car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKSZUhiMcB4

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I worked retail they told us to not leave the store to try to stop people that shoplifted. There's apparently legal repercussions. You either try to prevent them from leaving the store with the items, otherwise you just tell the manager or call the cops.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://13wham.com/news/offbeat/woman-attacks-bus-driver-tire-iron-northeast-dc

https://i.imgur.com/pLvuvvr.mp4

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

value-brand cereal posted:

professional fire fuckers

Mods please?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/L60o4Vl.mp4

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Pick posted:

*Harry Potterishly* ad valorem!

Lorem Ipsum Habeas Corpus!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

When they attempt these types of shenanigans, what legal authority do they believe they are appealing to? What institutions do they believe will honor their incantations? I have, personally, never seen an example of this poo poo working.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, come on.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s like they think that when they point out some flaw in logic or hole in the law the judge will go “oh, drat, you got us, we have to let you go now” and not “lol I don’t care, go away”

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I used to be a car salesman and while I'd heard stories about this I never actually saw it. They told me during my training period that if somebody asked about "promissory notes" we were just supposed to say we dont accept IOU's as payment.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I'm starting to believe these are people that have unknowingly slipped into our universe for an alternate one, and they are simply misunderstood. These strange travelers do not know or refuse to believe that their ways are not our own. Their verbal gymnastics have no effect in this realm.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s like they think that when they point out some flaw in logic or hole in the law the judge will go “oh, drat, you got us, we have to let you go now” and not “lol I don’t care, go away”

Like with the anti-feminists I'm pretty sure these guys started out in the atheism debate, where one logic hole can actually spiral out and bring the whole thing down; unfortunately, most real topics don't work that way. Additionally these folks seem convinced that simply finding the logical problem is sufficient. I'm reminded of the stories from the MtG thread where people would learn what the one-move-win combos are and then never learn, or forget, why they work, then be unable to actually execute the win if their opponent didn't recognise the combo and fold immediately. Except these guys don't even have a winning move.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I used to be a car salesman and while I'd heard stories about this I never actually saw it. They told me during my training period that if somebody asked about "promissory notes" we were just supposed to say we dont accept IOU's as payment.

Why not, the government does. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Pirate Radar posted:

No, there are plenty of cowardly people in the world who that poo poo works on. Imagine the dude who walks in on the chess tournament cheater in that goon story, who goes all decorum on the screaming referee about assuming good faith and hearing the person out. Now a judge is probably hardened to that poo poo and power tripping as well and won't be the mark they're looking for, but the bad faith technicality arguing probably works on little day to day things on people immediately around them in their life. It's just a textbook form of mental abuse is all.