Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Got the 4 wrong on the clock face.

(Any good watch / clock brand will go with IIII over IV due to some historic bullshit that nobody can agree on, it's either a hold over from sundials before Romans adopted the IV V VI bit, a French king wanting a huge clock made and insisting IIII was the right way and so an "Emperor's New Clothes" thing went down, or simply it is more balanced symmetrically between IIII and VIII on it's opposing side, either way, only cheap faces use IV and that is by far the least bad part of the tattoo, just something that always jumps out to me as a watch collector)

Also, Zombie Boy was in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 for a bit part, I reckon he was on his way to be a support actor in a lot of movies as well as his fashion career and it's a pretty sad loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Doctor Zero posted:

Tragic story but goddamn that’s loving amazing coverup.

You're saying he was pushed!?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Knee posted:

"Please forgive me if I say or do anything stupid, Thank You!"

this part actually hits pretty close to home

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

dpack_1 posted:

Got the 4 wrong on the clock face.

(Any good watch / clock brand will go with IIII over IV due to some historic bullshit that nobody can agree on, it's either a hold over from sundials before Romans adopted the IV V VI bit, a French king wanting a huge clock made and insisting IIII was the right way and so an "Emperor's New Clothes" thing went down, or simply it is more balanced symmetrically between IIII and VIII on it's opposing side, either way, only cheap faces use IV and that is by far the least bad part of the tattoo, just something that always jumps out to me as a watch collector)

You should post in the watch thread (if you don’t already, I can’t recall)

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm trying to decide if this was intentionally drawn to have a hidden penis or if that was a happy accident

I worked in a couple of tattoo shops in the past and there were some people that I worked with that would hide a dick in the shading if the customer was an rear end in a top hat. Kinda a dick move.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Applesnots posted:

I worked in a couple of tattoo shops in the past and there were some people that I worked with that would hide a dick in the shading if the customer was an rear end in a top hat. Kinda a dick move.

I mean at that point I think it’s a literal dick move.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

there's plenty wrong with the watch tattoo without having to nitpick the numeral choice

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I didn't know that Dan Ackroyd played the joker

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I think you've done it. That's the most pathetic tattoo of the thread.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Critic is really down on his luck

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Wanna know how I got these TPS reports?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Gaunab posted:

Wanna know how I got these TPS reports?

Holy poo poo

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Johnny Truant posted:

The Critic is really down on his luck

Some men just want to watch the world STINK!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Okay, see, I know that's not Heath Ledger (at least, I PRAY that's not supposed to be Heath Ledger), but for the life of me I can't figure out who it's supposed to be. I mean, I know this is the bad tatt thread, but still. drat.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Okay, see, I know that's not Heath Ledger (at least, I PRAY that's not supposed to be Heath Ledger), but for the life of me I can't figure out who it's supposed to be. I mean, I know this is the bad tatt thread, but still. drat.

patton oswalt's true form

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I have a sad suspicion it's the guy who got the tattoo's own face.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Looks like Eugene Mirman to me.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I was thinking maybe Old Gregg?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It looks disturbingly like one of my close friends

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I read this as “respect the post” and thought it was some reddit thing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Knormal posted:

That's my guess.

But who does that??

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Zaphod42 posted:

That's my guess.

But who does that??

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

McPhearson posted:

Eugene Mirman Joker would be interesting. Patton Oswalt Penguin, too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Eugene Mirman Joker would be interesting. Patton Oswalt Penguin, too.

*attacks Batman with an umbrella-gun loaded with fentanyl syringes*

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

McPhearson posted:

"THIS IS ME NOW!"
/
/

SatansOnion has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Sep 3, 2018

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Knormal posted:

"You wanna know how I got these scars?"

"Laser surgery to get rid of a lovely tattoo." :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lol that looks nothing like him

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zaphod42 posted:

Lol that looks nothing like him

He has aged since the tattoo was made, to be fair.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

He has aged since the tattoo was made, to be fair.

I remember 90s steve-o, and he wasn't that different from he is now, just less wrinkles.

That tattoo looks nothing like him.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah it kinda does. It's dumb as hell but it does like him.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

In the hopes of stopping a derail about how much a tattoo looks like the person who has said tattoo on himself, the question was along the lines of "who does that kind of thing?"

Steve-O has a tattoo of himself on his back. Whether or not it "totally looks like him" or "nothing like him" is a moot point. He has a tattoo of himself on his own back. That's all I was trying to point out. Let's move on.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to get back to more dumb tattoos.

Knee has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Sep 3, 2018

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Knee posted:

In the hopes of stopping a derail about how much a tattoo looks like the person who has said tattoo on himself, the question was along the lines of "who does that kind of thing?"

Steve-O has a tattoo of himself on his back. Whether or not it "totally looks like him" or "nothing like him" is a moot point. He has a tattoo of himself on his own back. That's all I was trying to point out. Let's move on.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just want to get back to more dumb tattoos.

Oh for sure, I just thought it was worth talking about what I considered to be a bad tattoo in the bad tattoo thread :shobon:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

He also has your name tattooed on his rear end.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I really don’t know understand why anyone would think this is a good idea...from both the client and the ‘artist’ point of view!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If you got a better way to incorporate acne scarring then be my guest.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is the top one a coverup of the second? Otherwise there’s nothing especially tasteless about it unless there’s some hidden penises I’m missing

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Snowy posted:

Is the top one a coverup of the second? Otherwise there’s nothing especially tasteless about it unless there’s some hidden penises I’m missing

Yeah other than packing that one square with a lot of white it isn't really tasteless, unless it has some kind of dumb meaning?