Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
That looks really good, and I like the UI for it a lot too.

If EU4 is anything to go by, I think the bonuses sound pretty significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Jazerus posted:

*stares at charles II-esque self in mirror* i'm...0/0/0?

Bravo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Jazerus posted:

lmfao

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Jazerus posted:

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jazerus posted:

Serpentis posted:

Well if we ever need a new thread title...

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Jazerus posted:

lmao

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Mods please, get rid of Paradox Grand Strategy if you have to, just make it happen

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jazerus posted:

:discourse:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

:five:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

:perfect:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Please add this to the OP, TIA.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Can this be the new default avatar for new people?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:yeshaha:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jazerus posted:

lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i also appreciate this joke and wish for it to be the thread title and original post

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Cease to Hope posted:

a complicated feature specific to one particular nation or region out of many, such as paired consuls, sounds like prime DLC material

Yes, it's too much to expect the game "Imperator: Rome" to attempt to simulate the politics of tiny, obscure nations like Rome. Can't wait to buy the Rome-themed expansion pack to my Rome-themed grand strategy game.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Red Bones posted:

New Dev Diary for Imperator looking at military traditions. Each culture gets three trees of bonuses to fill out that are all focused on buffing different unit types/military tactics. Seeing the numbers in a vacuum obviously makes it hard to understand how much of a difference it will actually make between nations, but I guess ideally the difference will be noticable. The UI also reminds me of the watercolour history illustrations I would always see in the history books I read as a kid.

Looks pretty interesting actually, kind of a mix between EU4's national ideas and doctrines of the HoI games. I'm kind of puzzled why the Gauls and Germans should get access to chariots (and bonuses to them) though. I'm not sure about 400 BC but I'm fairly certain that by 150-100 BC none of the Gauls or Germans were using chariots, while the Britons still were. Gauls were kind of renowned for their horsemanship and their plentiful cavalry, and many German tribes were also known as skilled horsemen, but they weren't using chariots, that sounds like it should be a thing (out of the countries with access to the Barbarian traditions) that's only unlocked and boosted for the Britons.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 3, 2018

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Oh, Spain. I was thinking England and just could not understand what everyone thought was so hilarious.

Carry on.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:bisonyes:

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

:lol::lol:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Randarkman posted:

Looks pretty interesting actually, kind of a mix between EU4's national ideas and doctrines of the HoI games. I'm kind of puzzled why the Gauls and Germans should get access to chariots (and bonuses to them) though. I'm not sure about 400 BC but I'm fairly certain that by 150-100 BC none of the Gauls or Germans were using chariots, while the Britons still were. Gauls were kind of renowned for their horsemanship and their plentiful cavalry, and many German tribes were also known as skilled horsemen, but they weren't using chariots, that sounds like it should be a thing (out of the countries with access to the Barbarian traditions) that's only unlocked and boosted for the Britons.

My guess is it was a gameplay concern, since it's a whole different unit type, they didn't want it to be relegated to just a couple of corners of the world. I kinda agree with you that it seems odd though.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Koramei posted:

My guess is it was a gameplay concern, since it's a whole different unit type, they didn't want it to be relegated to just a couple of corners of the world. I kinda agree with you that it seems odd though.

I guess, but you could still unlock chariots for the Successors (or at least whatever military tradition the Seleucids will lbe using, they used large scythed chariots on occasion, though not very successfully IIRC) and probably the Indians. Chariots shouldn't be widespread.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Alchenar posted:

Can this be the new default avatar for new people?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

*checks thread title*

Nice

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

holy gently caress

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jazerus posted:

:lol:

This was the perfect response to my post

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

There is a new thread title and like 40 posts, what the fu... :vince:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Please add this to the OP, TIA.

done and done

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

aw yeah it fit as a title

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

I have seen perfection, and it is this.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I checked the Stellaris Dev diaries for the new update after being away from the game for a while and holy poo poo they're making Vicky 3 in space???

E: the new hoi4 stuff looks good too esp. the America focus tree rework, I'm getting real hyped now

Yaoi Gagarin fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 4, 2018

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I look forward to being able to play Actual Good Game Stellaris in 2025 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I would say I've got most hope for the HoI team these days, they come up with so many good ideas and nice changes, it's great and the game is already fun.