Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like the essence tab quite a bit. i feel like the card and fragment tabs are probably tied for most non-essential but i dont regret buying them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elerion posted:

what's your issue with it?

My issue with it is that it's very often incredibly wrong. That's my issue when I use it. My issue when people tell newbies to use it is that it actively encourages newbies to not learn how to price items. And get scammed.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

AegisP posted:

I want to run it again since it was fun last league and wasn't nerfed at all, but Ele Heralds Blade Vortex seems tailor made for Delve.

TheRat posted:

I would say it seems nowhere near tanky enough for delves myself

I mean, I am sure you've all seen this name a lot in the announcements the past couple of days. It seems viable for a bit, at least.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/kjolbi/GriftsAreSoFun?i=3&search=class%3DElementalist

Do we have any BV elementalist experts here? I actually started my own, but poe.ninja builds seem to differ substantially from the main build post in the forums.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2033965

A lot of of the top people on poe.ninja are using acrobatics and phase acrobatics, and a decent number are using elemental equilibrium. Neither one of those is in the biggest forums guide there. Same with elemental overloard, which you see in some of the guides there.

Likewise, I see a most people using shield charge on poe.ninja, while the guide seems to be whirling blades with a dagger and stat sticks. I mean, poo poo, you even see level 93 people using the princess.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Queaw/QueawFidgetSpinner?i=41&search=class%3DElementalist

I am just hitting maps with the build myself as a second character, and am just curious where to go. Constantly spinning up blades still feels a little clunky to me. My current main item assets include a 5L inpulsa's, a 30% BV duration starkonja's, and a doryani's catalist (dropped, not bought). Not sure if I should gun for a stat stick dagger (I have around 3 exalt floating right now) or go for a shield.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 5, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

I mean, I am sure you've all seen this name a lot in the announcements the past couple of days. It seems viable for a bit, at least.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/kjolbi/GriftsAreSoFun?i=3&search=class%3DElementalist

Yeah I mostly think from a HC perspective so I sometimes forget that dying every now and then isn't a huge deal.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
Is this as good as I think it is? Or should I have taken the insta 1ex offer I got when I put it in a premium stash with no price?

Oh and yeah, got a Reliquary key yesterday, they sell for 2ex. But I figured I'd gamble and see what drops.. Well I got a 3c ring.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
drat it . I had just found some Death's Door Crusader Boots. But I found out Nike made them. Should I vender them?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I bought all the currency/fragment/etc tabs and didn't get the map tab thinking "eh that's endgame poo poo that doesn't apply to me much" and now i'm at endgame 4 days after league started :negative:

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Why have there been no Grelwood Shanks in hardcore delve? What am I missing?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nearly killed em! posted:

Why have there been no Grelwood Shanks in hardcore delve? What am I missing?

Only drops from Constrictor (elder guardian) and there aren't that many people farming those yet

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Elerion posted:

Buy a $60 supporter pack for a sweet cosmetic set and 550 points.

Spend the points as such:
75 - Currency tab (huge QoL)
150 - Map tab (huge QoL)
150 - Quad tab (for dumping various loot in)
75 - 5x Upgrade stash tab (tabs can now be labelled and/or used for selling at various price points. I leave one not upgraded because then it’s unique and basically labelled too)
100 points left over for whatever you want

If you wait for a stash sale you can save 20% and fit in another premium bundle or quad tab, but you probably won’t need it.

Essence tab, fragment tab and divination tabs are fluff, skip them.

You can buy 300points for $30 and skip the quad tab (and cosmetics) if you’re on a budget. The rest is nearly mandatory to get max out of the endgame.

Thank you everyone for the advice, especially Elerion for the detailed breakdown of what is worth buying with the points! I'm not too sure I'd want to spend $60 right now though.

Two extra questions: Is there any specific supporter pack I should think about getting? I think there are three or four different $30 and $60 versions from looking at the store, but I'm not really sure what might be best.

There's also a starter pack which costs $20 which gives me a stash tab, 200 coins and a sword I think? Would that be worth getting?

I'm not 100% sure I'll buy anything soon but I'm thinking I might do, so I appreciate all the advice!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The differences between the supporter packs is all cosmetic, it only comes down to whichever one you think looks coolest. The starter pack is fine, if you're going to buy $20 worth of points you might as well go with that since you get a "free" stash tab and mtx thrown in.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone been suffering from this problem?

My game randomly has a game play freeze similar to it going on pause. I can move the mouse around, the water shimmers and I can use the menu. After sitting there for 10 seconds, PoE will close. At the moment, once it goes on ''pause'', I open the menu and log out to the log in screen and come back in. 20-30 minutes later rinse and repeat. Happens anywhere even afk in my hideout.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

How often do stash tabs go on sale? Im interested in getting both a map tab and a quad tab but the quad tab in particular doesnt seem like enough of a convenience for me to shell out for it full price

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tai posted:

My game randomly has a game play freeze similar to it going on pause. I can move the mouse around, the water shimmers and I can use the menu. After sitting there for 10 seconds, PoE will close. At the moment, once it goes on ''pause'', I open the menu and log out to the log in screen and come back in. 20-30 minutes later rinse and repeat. Happens anywhere even afk in my hideout.

Can you try predictive mode for a little while and see if the same happens there? It sounds like a lockstep freeze

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tai posted:

sounds like something is overheating in your pc?

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Control Volume posted:

How often do stash tabs go on sale? Im interested in getting both a map tab and a quad tab but the quad tab in particular doesnt seem like enough of a convenience for me to shell out for it full price

Every three weeks the stash tab sale comes back. I think it’ll be the weekend after next.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'll give predictive mode a try after the next crash. Just running a network monitor to see if anything happens when it freezes.

No temperature issues. CPU and GPU barely move when I have PoE running.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TheRat posted:

My issue with it is that it's very often incredibly wrong. That's my issue when I use it. My issue when people tell newbies to use it is that it actively encourages newbies to not learn how to price items. And get scammed.

I'm one of those newbies (this is only my second league), and it may well be true that using trade macro gets me suboptimal prices so I'll take your word for that (though honestly, the basic workflow, at least for items/classes that move at high volume, is pretty similar to pricing for all the other games I've played with a large trade market so I'm not sure how specifically it's wrong).

But:
a) when you've priced something way too low the sudden flood of whispers is a great tell and you can be That Guy and raise the listing a bit,
b) you can learn to filter some of the outlying noise from what it gives you, and that's a ton easier than learning precisely what affixes are valuable because this game has a million different builds and they all demand subtly different things and from what I can tell the only real way to learn that is time,
c) trading is annoying enough in this game as it is, being able to price with a button press and a bit of thought instead of spamming guild chat or this thread with price checks is, sure, probably leaving money on the table in edge cases but, even in those cases, is saving time I could instead spend killing monsters and taking their stuff (and selling the fraction of that extra stuff that is worthwhile) which is, after all, the point of all this.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 5, 2018

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Honestly doing advanced searches on lots of items is one of the quicker ways to get a feel for item value. But I agree that nobody should be installing the macro with the game. You suggest it when they're tired of alt-tabbing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I found a Fractured Fossil in a fossil delve on the map - it looks like it's about 1.5 Ex

Does every resonator reroll the item? So at the cost of having one fewer stat customization, you get a mirrored copy of your 6-link?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

IDK what they did, but the game works like a charm in windowed borderless mode now. It was giving me trouble the last time I played a couple leagues ago. Makes me more inclined to sell poo poo

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Still kicking me to login screen with lockstep and predictive mode. Any other ideas? Network monitor is showing no anomalies.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
for those who descend too quickly, the fall is inevitable

Elerion
May 31, 2011

TheRat posted:

George posted:

Honestly doing advanced searches on lots of items is one of the quicker ways to get a feel for item value. But I agree that nobody should be installing the macro with the game. You suggest it when they're tired of alt-tabbing.

Doing detailed searches for everything will teach you more about the game, but it also takes a ton of time. I’m also not sure how a true newbie is supposed to price items correctly based on that when they don’t understand why certain stat combos are good for builds they have never played.

I’d argue that a true newbie will earn far more currency over time by using the trade macro religiously and getting back to mapping, rather than spending half their time alt tabbing to price check. Sure they might get scammed occasionally, but the biggest hurdle people need to get over to amass currency in the game is to stop wasting time and kill more monsters.

The lazy newbies guide to trading according to me:
- get trade macro
- Ctrl+D every unique and any rare that looks promising
- If it’s worth more than 10-20C, ask a friend for the right price or do a detailed search
- Everything else: Put it up around the lowest market price (for rares: Use the suggested price). Don’t sell anything below 1C, it’s a waste of time.
- If you get whispered immediately, wait a minute to see if you get more whispers. If you do, take it off market and relist 25-50% higher. Yes, this annoys market snipers. They’ll survive.
- Once per day, drop all your prices by 20-30%. This is quick if you have multiple fixed price tabs. If something hasn’t sold at 1C for several days, vendor it.

Oh, and never accept if someone offers you an item in trade for yours. They are 90% surely scamming you.

Eventually you will learn more about the game and how to price stuff. Start with items you know from your build, and expand as your knowledge base grows.

Elerion fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 5, 2018

nerox
May 20, 2001

Devor posted:

I found a Fractured Fossil in a fossil delve on the map - it looks like it's about 1.5 Ex

Does every resonator reroll the item? So at the cost of having one fewer stat customization, you get a mirrored copy of your 6-link?

I believe he mirror fossil is tied to like the price of an ilvl 86-100 Shaped Amulet, because you can essentially just dupe it since you can remove the mirrored tag with a vendor recipe.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

RoboJoe posted:

Thank you everyone for the advice, especially Elerion for the detailed breakdown of what is worth buying with the points! I'm not too sure I'd want to spend $60 right now though.

Two extra questions: Is there any specific supporter pack I should think about getting? I think there are three or four different $30 and $60 versions from looking at the store, but I'm not really sure what might be best.

There's also a starter pack which costs $20 which gives me a stash tab, 200 coins and a sword I think? Would that be worth getting?

I'm not 100% sure I'll buy anything soon but I'm thinking I might do, so I appreciate all the advice!

Frugal version 1: If you don’t want to spend 60, get the $20 starter pack and buy a currency tab + upgrade all your tabs (except 1 maybe). When you hit maps and feel like keeping track of them, buy points for a map tab.

Frugal version 2: As above, but just buy $20 in straight points instead of the starter pack. Then when you want to buy a $60 pack, message support and they will give you a $20 discount and subtract points to match. This only works if you bought straight points. Obviously only do this if you are considering getting a $60 pack down the road.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Usually the second or third week of a league will be a tab sale.

Map tab is a must. Buy that poo poo ASAP.

I am not really that fond of quad tabs, to be honest. I wouldn't call them as a necessity, as I think things in them are too small. I'll occasionally use one to dump stuff, but 95% of the time I am using a standard size tab.

The only thing I am tempted by right now is that new scorching ray effect. I don't even have a scorching ray character this league though.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Filthy Monkey posted:

Do we have any BV elementalist experts here? I actually started my own, but poe.ninja builds seem to differ substantially from the main build post in the forums.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Elementalist
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2033965

A lot of of the top people on poe.ninja are using acrobatics and phase acrobatics, and a decent number are using elemental equilibrium. Neither one of those is in the biggest forums guide there. Same with elemental overloard, which you see in some of the guides there.

Likewise, I see a most people using shield charge on poe.ninja, while the guide seems to be whirling blades with a dagger and stat sticks. I mean, poo poo, you even see level 93 people using the princess.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Queaw/QueawFidgetSpinner?i=41&search=class%3DElementalist

I am just hitting maps with the build myself as a second character, and am just curious where to go. Constantly spinning up blades still feels a little clunky to me. My current main item assets include a 5L inpulsa's, a 30% BV duration starkonja's, and a doryani's catalist (dropped, not bought). Not sure if I should gun for a stat stick dagger (I have around 3 exalt floating right now) or go for a shield.

Different variations for different purposes.

Acro/phase acro is more defensive. Same with shield over stat sticks. That makes sense for someone pushing deep delves or playing HC. Stat sticks and not pathing to acro gives more dps / clear speed and makes sense for softcore, running maps to earn currency and making big dick DPS numbers for forum builds. Both strategies are viable for killing bosses, depending on gear and what you are killing.

Generally, I would lean towards the faster clearing versions for general purpose play. Definitely stat stick it. I would include acro as long as you aren’t using a shield.

Ele Overload should be in every non-crit build and in none of the crit builds. Non-crit builds get going faster and has more resources available for Defense. Crit has higher damage potential with good gear.

The Ele Equilibrium builds aren’t blade vortex.

Elerion fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 5, 2018

Svensken
May 29, 2010
They have updated the trademacro to show how it values stuff.
Its done wonders for how much trust you can put into its evaluations, not to mention that it kind of teaches you how to price the stuff yourself.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Currently I'm tempted by a map portal of all things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1EHPVSPWD0

it looks so good

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

RoboJoe posted:

100% worth getting. It's the full value of points as if you'd just bought them normally and an extra tab is always nice.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Smite Guardian status: HC Delve viable!

(E: That's delve depth ladder, not level ladder)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheRat posted:

Smite Guardian status: HC Delve viable!

(E: That's delve depth ladder, not level ladder)

Do your herald minions kill anything ?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Do your herald minions kill anything ?

They mostly help with single target

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I keep clicking on the crawler trying to pick up poo poo or attack enemies on top of it, I wish there was an option that required holding alt to actually highlight it... I have, in one occasion, clicked on a node and lost a bunch of lovely loot.

Where's the suggestions forum at :v:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Elerion posted:

Advice.

The Ele Equilibrium builds aren’t blade vortex.
Appreciate the advice. I'll run some numbers with my current guy in PoB and see how I want to proceed.

I also meant ele overload. Typed equilibrium there by mistake.

nerox
May 20, 2001
poe.ninja shows that Faceted Fossil has jumped 268% to 3.3 exalts value since yesterday when that dude posted the guide on reddit about making +3 bows. :lol:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

goddamn

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Truga posted:

I keep clicking on the crawler trying to pick up poo poo or attack enemies on top of it, I wish there was an option that required holding alt to actually highlight it... I have, in one occasion, clicked on a node and lost a bunch of lovely loot.

Where's the suggestions forum at :v:

I discovered that by accidentally clicking on the crawler instead of the thing to initiate the encounter, you can get ported to a different location, and the location you were at is now explored but the encounter is no longer available... so... welp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

Everyone should use it for the fact it shows you roll ranges and prefix suffix info on rares. As well as let's you ctrl scroll wheel through your tabs and hit F5 to go to your hideout