Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
If anything that picture undersells how bad they get here in New Zealand. It's a combination of harsh UV and neglected cars (because we've had grey imports for years those things are common and worth approximately nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

dissss posted:

90s red paint was never a good idea

It was a good idea at the time!
But yeah, 20 years of sun and rain and winter does a number on it.
SD 166 93 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

EDIT: I found a more recent picture with a more reliable white-balance
SD 185 Snowtracks 02 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

Still better than grey or silver.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 6, 2018

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010
From Australian UV-faded Toyota Super Red to :geno: white :geno:
Pearl white at least!

I sometimes feel a tinge of regret at not going for a dark green or metallic blue or candy red but I like how it looks in white.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Dude Sweet posted:

From Australian UV-faded Toyota Super Red to :geno: white :geno:
Pearl white at least!

I sometimes feel a tinge of regret at not going for a dark green or metallic blue or candy red but I like how it looks in white.

Hey ST185 friend! Beautiful car! White looks great on these cars. What year is yours?

Here's a poor quality picture of mine:

I had it for a few drives this summer but now it's in the garage because I made it piss oil again (surprise surprise!). As much as I bitch about leaky Toyotas I love it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

EDIT: I found a more recent picture with a more reliable white-balance

Lol

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I really wanted B5 Blue but I wasn't going to be too picky with color, just not black. Plus white is a good Challenger color I just wish NH allowed OA-5599 as a vanity plate.

Current car colors :911:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

SFH1989 posted:

I really wanted B5 Blue but I wasn't going to be too picky with color, just not black. Plus white is a good Challenger color I just wish NH allowed OA-5599 as a vanity plate.

:respek:

Illinois doesn't either. Lame.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SFH1989 posted:

:patriot:

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

SlimManFat posted:

Hey ST185 friend! Beautiful car! White looks great on these cars. What year is yours?

Here's a poor quality picture of mine:

I had it for a few drives this summer but now it's in the garage because I made it piss oil again (surprise surprise!). As much as I bitch about leaky Toyotas I love it.

Hey thanks! Going by the VIN plate this was one of the first 1000, produced in ~November 1989.

I just got the car back last night, from having preventative maintenance done on the timing belt, water pump, cam/other seals, and coolant.
It had a very slow oil leak from somewhere which is finally fixed. The seals apparently disintegrated and split as soon as the mechanic took it apart, I guess they were almost 30 year old at this point.

Next up is getting the gearbox synchros replaced! Still drives nicely but i've gotta baby it into second gear.

What's yours? I like the black but couldn't stop thinking of all the duuuuuuust

Dude Sweet fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 6, 2018

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Go home Ranger, you're drunk.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Dang, dude. That AZ is so drat sharp it's starting to piss me off.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Dude Sweet posted:

Hey thanks! Going by the VIN plate this was one of the first 1000, produced in ~November 1989.

I just got the car back last night, from having preventative maintenance done on the timing belt, water pump, cam/other seals, and coolant.
It had a very slow oil leak from somewhere which is finally fixed. The seals apparently disintegrated and split as soon as the mechanic took it apart, I guess they were almost 30 year old at this point.

Next up is getting the gearbox synchros replaced! Still drives nicely but i've gotta baby it into second gear.

What's yours? I like the black but couldn't stop thinking of all the duuuuuuust
Preventative maintenance is the key to these cars because digging into these engine bays is a colossal pain in the rear end. You need to do a whole lot of "while i'm in here I might as well" when you have things apart haha

Mines a 1991 "Turbo 4WD" Canadian car. I still call it an All-Trac but all the badging and the steering wheel say "Turbo 4WD". The black paint actually cleans up pretty nice but maintaining it is another story.

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009
Yellow car crew posting

Iconic Racism fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 6, 2018

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yellow car crew checking in. I love how Tangerine Scream is a completely different colour based on lightning and camera. Second is cell phone.

Night Danger Moose fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 7, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
straight into my veins

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I off and on deeply regret not getting my Mustang in orange

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Color car support

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
Yellow car owner checking in.

And a boring black car.

Isn’t grey the most boring color?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I specifically omitted white, black, and grey in my search for my car. Can you believe only about 350 people found it sensible to buy a four door M3 over the four year run in North America?

In the evening it’s almost a purple blue :swoon:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I specifically omitted white, black, and grey in my search for my car. Can you believe only about 350 people found it sensible to buy a four door M3 over the four year run in North America?

In the evening it’s almost a purple blue :swoon:

This blue is awesome. I may consider stealing it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
AI is easily the coolest car forum on the internet, check out all of our impeccable tastes on this page alone :smug:

Also: BLUE

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Iconic Racism posted:

Yellow car crew posting

Bad rear end

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Nice having a bright car!
Almost got this thing 100%, just threw in a full exhaust, just need to install my new suspension bushings/shocks and engine mounts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

KakerMix posted:

AI is easily the coolest car forum on the internet, check out all of our impeccable tastes on this page alone :smug:

Here lemme ruin it for you, it's silver and two tone at the same time :rice:

I still have to drill the hood latches and get the whole thing wrapped a different color as I'm kinda sick of the silver as well. Unironically thinking some sort of obnoxious yellow. Maybe CF wrap the spoiler because it looks insane already, so why not go whole hog.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Night Danger Moose posted:

Yellow car crew checking in. I love how Tangerine Scream is a completely different colour based on lightning and camera. Second is cell phone.

I saw a yellow/orange renault in the car park today, the look nice IRL

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Grey Grigio is fine

(we never get two Abarths on the same page. Yay.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

eyebeem posted:

Grey Grigio is fine

(we never get two Abarths on the same page. Yay.)

What kind of real world mpg do you get out of it? My wife is leaning towards a 500 and if I can help it we'll get an Abarth.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

What kind of real world mpg do you get out of it? My wife is leaning towards a 500 and if I can help it we'll get an Abarth.

I drive it like once per week if that... so I drive the poo poo out of it.

If you drive it like a sane person, 32mpg on the highway?

We have a normal 500 as well that uh... we have driven about 20 miles in the last two years. That one can do 40+ highway.

Assuming it still runs. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a lot of them for sale locally and holy poo poo are they cheap.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I had a great time in the Abarth convertible they let me test drive when I bought the Miata. The downside was you can’t see poo poo with the top down.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hello colored car friends. The Civic is not actually mine and I'm maintaining for our friends overseas.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I had a great time in the Abarth convertible they let me test drive when I bought the Miata. The downside was you can’t see poo poo with the top down.

Yep. I can sometimes see the top of a pickup cab behind me if they are tailgating.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

There's a reason for it. :v:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My Abarth is sort of for sale.

I never drive it and I don't need it, so I'd sell it, I guess.

If I ever responded to anyone that emails/calls about it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They’re a blast to drive, shame everything else about the car sucks.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
My only Abarth experience is when we were car shopping for my wife and went to test drive an Abarth 500 in 2013. The salesman treated us like we were kids out to joyride the car, even though we drove there in my brand new Golf R.
Buddy if I wanted to hot rod a car I'll use the one I already have.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I love my Abarth. It's the 16th car I've personally owned and driven regularly. It's loud, bouncy, stupid, obnoxious, and does everything I need it to.

Yes, it's a FIAT. Yes some stuff is cheap. The Beats audio package is pretty good though and nothing makes me smile more than absolutely annihilating expensive cars through the turns. Flat out, less but it's still a blast.

I average 22mpg with heavy city driving mostly. Also, I drive the poo poo out of this thing.

It even does well pulling my race bike with tools and gear to the track.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The styling is pretty divisive but I dig it. And the wife loves it so there's that.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Speaking of dumb car colors, I strongly feel that cars should be dumb colors because they are dumb and shouldnt be taken seriously.

Bought the car with a beautiful respray on it. Flat as glass and well done. On rock chip on the whole car when I got it. I love the orange with black roof, its supper gold metallic under the orange so it looks creamy in the sun but simply orange in the dark. Huge fan of the cinnamon interior as well, black leather is lame. Also manual, manual seats, no sun roof. Was pretty full of stoke when I found it. Ill be almost as stoked when I sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
^^^ I love that orange, beautiful

here's my Stinger GT2 during last week's lovely roadtrip up the east coast of Vancouver Island