Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

"popular in detroit" may not be the most effective slogan

they do tend to buy cars that nobody else does, I saw a lot of those Cadillac ev's here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jonah Galtberg posted:

most "holy gently caress this is the most hilarious thread of all time" threads are terrible but zaurgthread is something else

"Hey guys I'm struggling to keep my head above water and constantly make dumb decisions, should I buy crypto currency?"
"No, definitely do not do that."

quote:

I put $3113 USD into cryptocurrency gambling, all via credit card. I started with $250 and originally planned on just doing $250 a month over the course of 4 months for a total of a $1k gamble, but it fairly quickly turned into $3113. At one point I was up (on paper) a good %. This morning during the lowest point I dipped into the negatives.

My current credit card balances are:
card1 - $2700 @ 0.99% (for next 9 months, then changes to 13.49%. This was the balance transfer from card2)
card1 - $600 @ 13.49%
card2 - $2366 @ 16.49%

Wish I hadn't f'd up this thread with this poop. At this point I just hope the market climbs back up in the next couple months and I can cash out half or something and fix the credit card situation.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827922&userid=50446&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post480906389

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

iospace posted:

I've seen a few here in Milwaukee.

Also, re: Senate:

The Senate was designed to allow smaller states to have more power. The House was the opposite, designed to give bigger states more power. The real problem is the House has not expanded in well over a century, so it no longer accurately represents larger states. Though the constitution is bad at this point anyway so gently caress it all.

i've heard before that old rationale for not expanding congress is that they've run out of space in the congressional office building

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Marijuana posted:

i've heard before that old rationale for not expanding congress is that they've run out of space in the congressional office building

Which is a load of poo poo.

Before it was "There's not enough room in the chambers", which got quickly shotdown by the fact that they can fit both the senate and the house in there at the same time for State of the Union addresses.

The real reason is it would threaten a lot of secure seats.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Marijuana posted:

they did run out and built a congress subway between the capital building and their offices

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

they do tend to buy cars that nobody else does, I saw a lot of those Cadillac ev's here too

I'm assuming it's employee/affiliate/former employee/family deals keeping FCA afloat at this point.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I'm assuming it's employee/affiliate/former employee/family deals keeping FCA afloat at this point.

every Charger/grand Cherokee owner on the road in SE Michigan drives like massive cunts and the corporate culture at FCA is toxic as gently caress and full of shitheads so this is also what we determined

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

iospace posted:

The Senate was designed to allow smaller states to have more power. The House was the opposite, designed to give bigger states more power. The real problem is the House has not expanded in well over a century, so it no longer accurately represents larger states. Though the constitution is bad at this point anyway so gently caress it all.

well yeah, the senate was designed when there were gonna be like thirteen states instead of 3x that many, and the most populous state only had like 12x the population of the least instead of 66x

(fun fact: Wyoming, which has a house and two senate seats, has fewer people than dc, which has neither)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

every Charger/grand Cherokee owner on the road in SE Michigan drives like massive cunts and the corporate culture at FCA is toxic as gently caress and full of shitheads so this is also what we determined

they're assholes over here on the west side too op.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

(fun fact: Wyoming, which has a house and two senate seats, has fewer people than dc, which has neither)

las angeles could house almost the entire population of wyoming using only its hotel rooms

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cocoa Crispies posted:

well yeah, the senate was designed when there were gonna be like thirteen states instead of 3x that many, and the most populous state only had like 12x the population of the least instead of 66x

:ssh: If you look at the majority skintone of the residents the reason for this will become immediately apparent. :ssh:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it was also conceived of about a century before urbanization really started taking off

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Twerk from Home posted:

Chevy Bolt, but it's a lame subcompact car that Americans will never buy.

I have the Volt, which is kinda like the Bolt v0.8 i guess (55mi all electric with range extender engine for 350mi+ that stays off until needed) and I love the thing

otoh im not infected by the MUST HAVE PICKUP TRUCK disease

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
volts are pretty cool imo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that said when the gas engine comes on you are drat well aware its on because the car suddenly becomes a laggardly piece of poo poo

Not a problem most of the time but hoooo buddy is that tiny little engine struggling

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

that said when the gas engine comes on you are drat well aware its on because the car suddenly becomes a laggardly piece of poo poo

Not a problem most of the time but hoooo buddy is that tiny little engine struggling

oh, that actually moves the car when it comes on? i'd always just assumed it was meant to charge the battery.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

oh, that actually moves the car when it comes on? i'd always just assumed it was meant to charge the battery.

the volt's just a prius with wall-charging and a bigger battery

submit reply

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

No dont.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the volt's just a prius with wall-charging and a bigger battery

submit reply

iirc the Prius ICE is on at all times right? the volt only comes on when the battery is out or fuel needs burning (I’ve been on the same tank for almost a year and it’s going stale lol)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

iirc the Prius ICE is on at all times right? the volt only comes on when the battery is out or fuel needs burning (I’ve been on the same tank for almost a year and it’s going stale lol)

nah, by like '09 the Prius could go a mile or so and up to like 40 mph on the electrics only

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/1037747009216757761

mewse
May 2, 2006

- I wonder if he loses standing because he benefitted from Muskie tanking the stock rather than taking losses

- Tesla fanboys are willfully ignorant that there's a legal definition for "secured funding", I watched people on Slashdot link the legal definition and still have the TSLA koolaid drinkers saying "wrong, there are many definitions of funding secured"

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

i'll never understand the mindset of a billionaire defender

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mewse posted:

- I wonder if he loses standing because he benefitted from Muskie tanking the stock rather than taking losses

- Tesla fanboys are willfully ignorant that there's a legal definition for "secured funding", I watched people on Slashdot link the legal definition and still have the TSLA koolaid drinkers saying "wrong, there are many definitions of funding secured"

this is a common problem tbh. legal definitions are generally much more specific than dictionary definitions, and people just assume the latter is the correct one.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
here's the complaint: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dml9bxz4rohzzbo/Left%20v.%20Tesla%2018-05463.pdf?dl=0

seems pretty straightforward to me. he said something material when he knew it wasn't true, stock price changed, it's his fault.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Marijuana posted:

"mmmm I just love the taste of boot"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Marijuana posted:

Because the GOP has convinced wide swathes of the US that they're "temporarily embarrassed millionaires", and that they'll make it big some day, thus taxes on the wealthy are bad. Because money is power, and people want to be powerful, and they look at that person and go "That will be me some day."

Reality is none of those people are going to find that golden ticket, ever.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In short,

Death to capitalism.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

iospace posted:

In short,

Death to america.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also this, but capitalism is a world-wide plague.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Marijuana posted:

usually it's people who stand to benefit

Lil Muskys tho don't even have that reason

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

fishmech posted:

Ah, but idolizing the muskman strokes their egos. The bazingas bask in his reflected epicness.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

mewse posted:

not sure about this particular plaintiff, but certainly some short sellers will have lost money on margin calls and options that expired during the brief uptick the stock enjoyed after the tweet, even though it's down now

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

folks, "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" was a put down directed at middle-class communists. :spergin:

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

fishmech posted:

muskrats just love that musk mmm mmm makes em hungry just thinkin about it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ciaphas posted:

nah the prius and the insight (honda's version) both kill the ice, though the insight's will turn on if you let off the brake. the prius will actually drive a little bit before the ice turns back on, or will just stay in ev mode if you're putting through a parking lot at 10 miles an hour

also,

iospace posted:

In short,

Death to capitalism.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Marijuana posted:

folks, "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" was a put down directed at middle-class communists. :spergin:

what. no it wasnt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zamujasa posted:

nah the prius and the insight (honda's version) both kill the ice, though the insight's will turn on if you let off the brake. the prius will actually drive a little bit before the ice turns back on, or will just stay in ev mode if you're putting through a parking lot at 10 miles an hour

also,

Yup. The EU mandated all cars, at least, be mild hybrids by a certain point. Really all that entails is that there's an electric motor to help with acceleration (and hills). It's not as powerful as a Prius's motor, buuuuuuuut that assistance is enough to reduce emissions a lot because acceleration is where the gas engine works the hardest. It also acts as the car's starter, which is much more durable than a traditional starter when having to turn on and off again at a stoplight like a lot of cars these days.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the corporate culture at FCA is toxic as gently caress and full of shitheads so this is also what we determined

chrysler is an insane hell company who thinks way too highly of themselves and everyone there loves the smell of their own farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cat Face Joe posted:

chrysler is an insane hell company who thinks way too highly of themselves and everyone there loves the smell of their own farts

I mean, they do own Ferrari, so it checks out.