Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

posting your own tweets. not nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

rear end cobra posted:

its ~beautiful~

:getin:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

so I guess Elon never heard of The Independent then

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

'cause I'm freeeeeeeeeee

FREE FALLIN'

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Down over 10% in less than an hour lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Party Boat posted:

Down over 10% in less than an hour lol

Get the gently caress in

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If you told the world earlier this year that a multi-billion dollar company was going to crash and burn because of some teenage boys in Thailand, I'll bet nobody would have predicted it would be this way.

wow thats a gross oversimplification

azelia banks also did her bit

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

rear end cobra posted:

its ~beautiful~

Holy poo poo piss

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
smoke weed eat pussy everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3vhELi6P0

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Is it ok to wear my Tesla branded SHORTS shorts to the office on Friday?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
god i hope tesla dying kicks off everything

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
I havn't seen that kind of piss poor 'hey im one of you cool people' smoking since...college I guess?

no wait, one time I did see an undercover smoking in such an alien manner.

I guess what I'm saying is Musk is a nark rear end bitch.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
remember how you got the share price to jump last time elnog make the tweet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

boo its going back up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1037957590829944832

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I wish I'd caught it when it was -10.1% but the 5 day chart is pretty good

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

So many articles written about musk are gonna use these pics and it owns

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Grey Fox posted:

'cause I'm freeeeeeeeeee

FREE FALLIN'

holy poo poo this thumbnail is so 80's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

TheBuilder posted:

Is it ok to wear my Tesla branded SHORTS shorts to the office on Friday?

if there's one thing I've learned from these recent developments it's wear jorts erryday

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
musk

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Jose posted:

boo its going back up

Hellworld b*thc

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RacismFactory/status/1038060477367103488

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jose posted:

boo its going back up

high frequency trading means each plunge is going to be characterized with lots of little spikes as firms buy and sell the stock in massive tranches for $0.00003 a share over the course of like three seconds

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Joe and Elon should hang out more.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

So many articles written about musk are gonna use these pics and it owns

the grauniad already did lmao

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Tesla has always played it fast and loose with things like GAAP but my guess is that Musk has started pressuring people into doing straight up illegal poo poo with the numbers

a CAO resigning that quickly doesn't strike me as someone pressured to do something illegal that hadn't been done before. it strikes me as a CAO figuring out illegal stuff has definitely been going on for a while and quits before he finds proof and either becomes a criminal or becomes a whistleblower (because being a whistleblower is not a great way to continue to have a business career).

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I honestly think he wants to escape Tesla and get kicked out by the board. He's going to act dumber and more erratic until they kick him out.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Bulls trying to keep this above 250. Bounced off there, close to 260 now.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

evilweasel posted:

a CAO resigning that quickly doesn't strike me as someone pressured to do something illegal that hadn't been done before. it strikes me as a CAO figuring out illegal stuff has definitely been going on for a while and quits before he finds proof and either becomes a criminal or becomes a whistleblower (because being a whistleblower is not a great way to continue to have a business career).

yes

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Fairly passive posted:

I honestly think he wants to escape Tesla and get kicked out by the board. He's going to act dumber and more erratic until they kick him out.

This is the same poo poo people say about trump but neither of their egos will let them quit or be fired.

They're both just morons with their own kind of brain worms

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

God drat it man. When it was 300 I was drunk and almost shorted it but pussied out at the last second. Next time I need to accept my drunk impulse financial decisions

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Yeah the fact that he was there only a month means that he left before he had to sign off on ANYTHING. He does not want his name attached to anything tesla puts out. Its pretty telling.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

evilweasel posted:

This was 100% my thought

I can't imagine bouncing off a prestige job like that unless something seriously hosed is going on

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
okay now the stock has rebounded into positives for trading hours what the gently caress though, hellworld, its a hell world but its still supposed to be hot ffs

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

CAO found where the bodies are buried lmao

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cowards bought into the dip

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

"My only regret is my house doesn't have enough floors for a jump out the highest window to kill me"

n't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I wanted Elon Musk to create clean cars. I cannot loving deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Tesla was going to 400$. This is so hosed."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

God drat it man. When it was 300 I was drunk and almost shorted it but pussied out at the last second. Next time I need to accept my drunk impulse financial decisions

don't short stocks, buy/sell stock options, or trade commodities futures.

all of them are negative expected value (for every winner, there is a loser, but the house takes its cut). the only way you will be likely to come out ahead is if you have superior information to the market, which is almost always either (a) illegal (and you're not the sort that can get away with it) or (b) not actually true and you're just fooling yourself. so you're going to, on average, lose more money than you win. it's reinforced by the fact there are certainly some players in the market who do have that illegal secret information but know how to mask trading on it.

buying and holding stocks and bonds has a positive expected return, so blindly buying stocks and/or bonds is going to, on average, pay off.

here, where there's a clear bubble caused by idiots, you might think that there's a positive expected return because you have superior information to the common idiot buying tesla, but the problem is that you need to know when it's going to tank, because shorting/buying put options is expensive and so you have to be right within a certain amount of time. the rest of the market also knows that tesla is doomed so the virtually risk-free long term options are already real expensive.

when tesla does collapse you'll think "i knew it, i shoulda shorted it/bought those put options" but that's just hindsight bias, you didn't know when it was going to happen and could have easily lost your shirt betting the market would revert to rationality earlier than it actually did.

i realize this was probably a joke but i've had to deal with enough poor suckers who got conned into doing stupid poo poo in the markets like investing in commodities futures to last a lifetime that i want to warn people :smith:

evilweasel has issued a correction as of 15:24 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Zyla posted:

"My only regret is my house doesn't have enough floors for a jump out the highest window to kill me"

n't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I wanted Elon Musk to create clean cars. I cannot loving deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Tesla was going to 400$. This is so hosed."

you cannot deny me this link, you gently caress