Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Zaid isn't even gonna remember Allison. She hosed up 2/7ths of creation for this guy and when they finally meet again his first words to her are gonna be "wait, you're who?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Here's the page.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Tollymain posted:

lmao i hope for his sake he does, can you imagine being that performative

Everything Solomon David does is performative. Everything.

Tzarnal fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 9, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i meant zaid but solomon david fathering 25 successive generations of sons w women he feels zero desire for sounds entirely plausible

i wonder if solomon david has most completely conquered his share of creation? i get the impression that jagganoth's largely expanding to new worlds as needed to support his "bring an end to all things"-scale military-industrial complex

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

So what are the odds of Incubus still creeping on Allison? Kind of feel that being super gay for yourself hasn't owned him enough, and with a time skip and everything..

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly im willing to believe incubus actually gave allison's ambition a jump-start more or less gratis

i think he v accurately clocked how much mayhem allison was capable of starting if he gave her a nudge. also it wouldn't hurt that technically speaking he has only helped her, with no strings attached, should she come out on top. its win-win

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kai Tave posted:

Zaid isn't even gonna remember Allison. She hosed up 2/7ths of creation for this guy and when they finally meet again his first words to her are gonna be "wait, you're who?"

"Oh waitaminute! You're one of those sorority chicks I hooked up with, the evening I got sent here. Audrey, right? You did something with your hair. How's that hot redhead doing by the way? Well, it's been fun catching up, but I have important business to attend to. I am the chosen one and deserve tremendous power, but I have to kill some woman who stole that. I don't think you'd understand. I'll call ya sometime, if I deem you worthy. Don't get fat."

I know it probably wont be this way, but the idea that Allison started a transdimensional war, which shifted the order of a large chunk of the multiverse, just to safe the worlds biggest douche really amuses me.

"That's the guy ya tried saving? We did all that for him?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 9, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I like that no man or god could lift Medam's staff but Medam... and Aesma also stole it, somehow or other.

Note that she couldn't lift it either, but that didn't stop her, she just dragged it along the ground instead.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm getting the impression that Zaid realizes that Sol is full of poo poo, but has figured out that Sol won't notice if he at least acts respectful. It's something in the expressions and the way he's wording the questions.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm getting the impression that Zaid realizes that Sol is full of poo poo

people keep saying this

full of poo poo in what respect because he can definitely put his hand through several cows without trying

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Patware posted:

people keep saying this

full of poo poo in what respect because he can definitely put his hand through several cows without trying

In the respect that Zaid is the chosen one who'll get (or already has) the Key and inherit everything.

e: or that Sol is the benevolent god-king he's presenting himself as. Because there's no way he's nice to anyone who isn't doing what he wants.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rhaka posted:

So what are the odds of Incubus still creeping on Allison? Kind of feel that being super gay for yourself hasn't owned him enough, and with a time skip and everything..

I hope that when she reunited with herself she gave him a massive headache

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I'm gonna throw my chit in saying Zaid wants absolutely no loving part of what is going on and does not want and will not ask for the key.

In fact, I wager it'll be offered to him somehow (maybe through White Chain) and he'll go "hell no, gently caress you and all of this, I want to go home." Because he is not Royalty.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Eh, it's not like Allison is that invested in Zaid as a person either and she's still concerned with getting him home. Regardless of how emotionally invested he was in her before the plot kicked off, I'm betting he HASN'T completely forgotten the woman he was with when the dead king of creation ruined his loving life. I wouldn't find 'actually Zaid is a totally horrible rear end in a top hat' all that satisfying, because I think it's more interesting if he's got depth and complexity past the college dudebro facade just like Allison's got a lot more going on than the airheaded sorority sister facade.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, the first thing he asks, onscreen, is 'Can I just loving leave'

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I got a feeling the idea of being the heir will be more real to Zaid when Allison shows up and he sees the key right in front of him BUT I'm also hoping things will be more complex than just 'Zaid's a dick'

As much as 'and then he gets wrapped up with the Pursuers' feels like it's a meme it'd be cool to have him in that crowd getting a regular perspective on that wild poo poo. Wanna see Zaid having a conversation with the big baby.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, the first thing he asks, onscreen, is 'Can I just loving leave'

Demiurge4 posted:

AM I BEING DETAINED!?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Patware posted:

people keep saying this

In the respect that Solomon's virtuous society is really obviously some kind of fascist police state. Check out Zaid noticing the frozen smile on the lady in panel two as Solomon walks past.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gotta be honest, the fancy clothes zaid have look swag as gently caress

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Comedy option: Zaid is an isekai fanboy and he decides to fight Alison for the key, not because he buys into Solomons spiel, but because he thinks he can be the hero who saves the multiverse from the scary evil empire just like his Japanese animes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He's Allison's something. Enemy? Friend? Part of her harem? We will find out eventually.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

PetraCore posted:

I wouldn't find 'actually Zaid is a totally horrible rear end in a top hat' all that satisfying

Yeah, if he's just meant to be a no-dimensional douchebag then why waste time looking at him and David Salmon right now?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's Allison's something. Enemy? Friend? Part of her harem? We will find out eventually.

Hopefully he gets unceremoniously blasted by the return of Oscar before we find out.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah, if he's just meant to be a no-dimensional douchebag then why waste time looking at him and David Salmon right now?

Agreed. I hope we get a multi-dimensional portrait that acknowledges the humanity within the douche. Or the douchiness within the human. Y'know, whichever.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It'd be interesting if Zaid was a foil to Allison. So far he's come off as far more collected in regards to the weird bullshit around him than Allison. Might just be that he's not exactly in the mood to be excited while being a captive of someone, however.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Renaissance Robot posted:

In the respect that Solomon's virtuous society is really obviously some kind of fascist police state. Check out Zaid noticing the frozen smile on the lady in panel two as Solomon walks past.
Fascist police states can have relatively high qualities of life but the competition here with the other demiurges is not especially stiff. Also for his empire to work at all it's going to involve a lot of colonialism and cultural genocide.

Like the inherently problem is that someone is always going to be the person stepped on in fascism, and also any government with one person in charge is going to reflect all of that person's flaws and neuroticism, of which SolDave definitely has many that he absolutely refuses to acknowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if the city we're seeing is a genuinely really nice place to live, but even if that's the case that's only going to be a fraction of the picture. And the more SolDave gets emotionally detached from, well, other people, the worse things are going to fester in the cracks.

It's an interesting comparison to Mottom, who apparently left her worlds relatively alone except for descending on one a year like a hungry swarm of locusts. Which definitely isn't great for that world that year or the next few years, but also means it's going to be a long loving time before she cycles around again. It's something that probably can be recovered from.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Where was it ever suggested she limits herself to one a year

She's despoiling multiple simultaneously the first time Allison meets her, and it's implied that's every day

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Where was it ever suggested she limits herself to one a year

She's despoiling multiple simultaneously the first time Allison meets her, and it's implied that's every day

And when she does park over one, it is effectively a global apocalypse. Yeah, that can be recovered from, in the sense that life continues on Earth after the meteor hit it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Y'all clearly don't remember that guy what brought Mottom hundreds of chests of his people's bones and was turned into a gross tree

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like corruption has a hard time taking root in an empire ruled by a control freak obsessed with his idea of a perfect incorruptible society. if anything i think solomon and his empire are almost exactly what they appear to be, its just that you cant actually create a utopian society and an enlightened people with fear. those who can play the part only live in perpetual fear, those who cant...

idk if solomon david's empire is properly fascist though, impossibly authoritarian sure but solomon strikes me as the last person whod need or want to use the fascist ur-enemy :umberto:

(impossibly so because no irl dictator has ever been able to teleport or kill people w their mind)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hremsfeld posted:

Well no one told her that :colbert:

Would she have listened if they had?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Dr Cheeto posted:

Y'all clearly don't remember that guy what brought Mottom hundreds of chests of his people's bones and was turned into a gross tree

akulanization posted:

A man who would stand openly defiant, alone and weaponless, in the heart of the power of a god is a fine offering indeed.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mottom's empire was a colonial extraction engine for the (flying palace) metropole; Solomon David's is a legalistic colonial empire that intends to 'civilize' the universe. He's particularly proud and haughty, so I imagine that after the initial bloody conquest and mass execution of resistance, he probably does his best to rule fairly and without favor regarding everyone but his sons. Worlds thrive, in the sense that the citizens are likely well fed, physically safe if they don't say the wrong things in public, and capable of pursuing art and culture as long as said art and culture is of prescribed types.

Pretty comparable to Chinese Legalism - the Qin Dynasty was plenty bad enough to inspire a demiurge.

There doesn't really have to be a 'gritty underbelly' beyond what we already know from that one story comparing Solomon David to the story of King Solomon threatening to split the baby, because that kind of society is horrifying even if it's doing exactly what it promises. Solomon David is both the most competent demiurge as a ruler, and the absolute most terrifying to live under if you have any desire beyond 'be a healthy member of society until you die.' Plus I put 50/50 odds on whether he has beggars executed or gives them free food and lodgings as long as they stay out of the public eye.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im guessing theyre supplied food and housing at the reeducation facility

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Oh, I was not defending Mottom's global apocalypses, just saying that her kind of bad and Solomon David's kind of bad are extremely different in terms of both concern for quality of life and levels of direct control. I got the impression Mottom timed her deal so she'd circle back to a world right as it had recovered from the last time, leaving no place to really thrive, but at the same time Allison was from a world in Mottom's domain that she'd never bothered to swing by and actually conquer. Meanwhile, I'd be very surprised if SolDave hasn't bothered to check out all 111,111 worlds in his domain.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Here's what I remember, which may be wrong: Earth was in one of the universes that the pact assigned to Mottom. However, they never got around to creating a King's Door to connect it to any of the conquered universes, and the demiurges might not have the ability to open new doors.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mottom is totally capable of opening up doors to new worlds but i guarantee you she had emissaries doing it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently solomon david only has sons because of martial arts breathing bullshit so that answers whoever asked where his daughters are

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

PetraCore posted:

Oh, I was not defending Mottom's global apocalypses, just saying that her kind of bad and Solomon David's kind of bad are extremely different in terms of both concern for quality of life and levels of direct control. I got the impression Mottom timed her deal so she'd circle back to a world right as it had recovered from the last time, leaving no place to really thrive, but at the same time Allison was from a world in Mottom's domain that she'd never bothered to swing by and actually conquer. Meanwhile, I'd be very surprised if SolDave hasn't bothered to check out all 111,111 worlds in his domain.

I really don't think they end up treading the same ground twice. Mottom's fear of the guilds leads me to believe they are constantly cracking new gates and picking the bones clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

She seems to have gotten over her fears, because she's nationalizing the guilds and consolidating her forces into a real army.