Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

roboshit posted:

the only people I see with them are butter fingered smooth brained retards who should switch to android and stop pissing on stebes grave

please refrain from using the r-word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

i remember professors at my uni hyping graphene as this amazing next big thing thats just around the corner. its been almost 15 years now

2019 will be the year of graphene in the electronics
wrong, bitch

2019 will be the year gallium-arsenic chips finally have their breakthrough

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

brap posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

brap posted:

more screen size, more socializing. so simple

pictures and video are a huge component of social media and look more gooder on a biggerer screen. it's not that hard y all

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

social media is a cancer that allowed trump to be elected and is slowly consuming all that is good on this earth.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

jit bull transpile posted:

pictures and video are a huge component of social media and look more gooder on a biggerer screen. it's not that hard y all

Lol at one of the only tech companies on earth not utterly beholden to useless “engagement” metrics caving to the craven, anti-social demands of Facebook.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance posted:

social media is a cancer that allowed trump to be elected and is slowly consuming all that is good on this earth.

lol no

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

okay maybe it's tainting everything good on this earth, not really consuming it

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

brap posted:

the funniest thing about SA nowadays is I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

roboshit posted:

the funniest thing about SA nowadays is I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not

when lowtax specifically greenlighted retard some mods and admins threatened to quit

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Wulfolme posted:

when lowtax specifically greenlighted retard some mods and admins threatened to quit

lmao

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Last Chance posted:

trump is a direct result of the way bush handled 9/11 :monocle:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

roboshit posted:

that makes you pretty foolish

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kobayashi posted:

Lol at one of the only tech companies on earth not utterly beholden to useless “engagement” metrics caving to the craven, anti-social demands of Facebook.

you know some people use social media in non antisocial ways. and Facebook isn't all social media

I know it's really hard to picture talking to someone online without being mean to them for some of you , but I promise it happens

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stringent posted:

trump is a direct result of the way bush handled 9/11 :monocle:

Trump was an inside job?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

jit bull transpile posted:

you know some people use social media in non antisocial ways. and Facebook isn't all social media

I know it's really hard to picture talking to someone online without being mean to them for some of you , but I promise it happens

Mastodon dork spotted!

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Wulfolme posted:

Threatened being the key word

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Last Chance posted:

:capitalism:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Wulfolme posted:

lol sad

also probably going to stick with my 6s another year. it runs v well with iOS 12.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm marginally annoyed by the terrible quality of the se camera, but i'm not buying a phablet just to get pictures that don't look like they were taken with a potato

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

the only thing I take pictures of with my 6s is my dog. and I doubt he really cares if there is a SWEET bokeh behind him for the pictures that literally no one other than my so will see.

cameras are cool for other people, but I just don’t use them enough to care

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Triglav posted:

youre supposed to get a big phone for scrolling and a watch for quick thinggs

you're never supposed to buy a "smart" watch

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

wow my new stainless steel crapple watch had better not take until the 28th to get here!! thanks Tim crook

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there’s been entirely too much low-grade pro-apple trolling in this thread lately

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

eric posted:

lol sad

also probably going to stick with my 6s another year. it runs v well with iOS 12.

that's good to hear as I intend to keep this 6s for a while too.

too bad I can't take advantage of the battery replacement program. Apple refuses to touch the phone because the water indicator is pink.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Last Chance posted:

micro targeted advertising is a cancer that allowed trump to be elected and is rapidly consuming all that is good on this earth.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

that's good to hear as I intend to keep this 6s for a while too.

too bad I can't take advantage of the battery replacement program. Apple refuses to touch the phone because the water indicator is pink.

It’s scary how much better iOS 12 is compared to 11. I’m really shocked Tim let the iOS team design to run faster on older phones. Also just get a battery replacement kit from ifixit and change it yourself or find a local shop to do it.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
iphone xs max preordered. Thanks tim!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the new phones are waterproof cause Apple is drowning in incompetence

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

i think reality tv had more of impact, 15 seasons of the apprentice made him seem competent

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

incels interlinked posted:

I'm ordering two just in case I wear out the battery on the first one.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

I'm ordering two just in case I wear out the battery on the first one.

It’s better to be safe than sorry

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
i just broke the screen on my iphone 6 so i guess the ghost of steve is telling me it is time to get a new one. my wife really likes her X so maybe ill get the xs, but im also a cheap bastard so I may just go with the 8.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poty posted:

i remember professors at my uni hyping graphene as this amazing next big thing thats just around the corner. its been almost 15 years now

2019 will be the year of graphene in the electronics

it still costs $80 per square centimeter

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

so upgrading the touch layer to 120hz is obviously preparing for moving the screens to 120hz in 2019 right. like that is the most obvious upgrade they are keeping in the pipeline for the next one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's so you can use the ipencil with your phablet, because timb is loving obsessed with knocking off samsung

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

qirex posted:

it still costs $80 per square centimeter

so does an iphone excess

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

incels interlinked posted:

Same here. Space Gray, gently caress that gold bling poo poo.

Also, Apple continues to not make a watch where the time is shown on the face at all times. Why is this so hard for Apple?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i have also given in to excess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

trilljester posted:

Same here. Space Gray, gently caress that gold bling poo poo.

:hfive: