Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

jit bull transpile posted:

I used to do that in college
and each hosed phone since I've customized less and less to the point that I'm fully iositized and loving it. android causes Stockholm syndrome I'm pretty sure

yah this

as a [slightly dumber] youth i had some windows mobile phones that were super sick (such as an HTC tytn slider pile of garbage or whatever!!) but what the hell is happening in life when u have a registry editor install for on the go configuring??? :eyepop:

so yeah, now i iOS :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
man, what the gently caress are you people doing with your androids that bust them up, i've never had to janitor my phone

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Improbable Lobster posted:

man, what the gently caress are you people doing with your androids that bust them up, i've never had to janitor my phone

:same:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

did you take the sticker off the screen?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that's our anroid! *audience laughs*

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i like the keyboard on my nexus 5x way better than the one on my work iphone se

kinda grumpy about phones though because i know if/when this one fails I'm not going to be able to get one i like as much for only $200 like i did this one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah the Apple keyboard really loving blows. Can you even get gesture typing yet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:same:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah the Apple keyboard really loving blows. Can you even get gesture typing yet

ur typing it wrong

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

third party keyboards are generally working ok now in ios, after years of weird bugs.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
another satisfied customer

https://twitter.com/PlugInFUD/status/1041147515486306304

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so every time one of these stories comes out, the musk stans pop up to go "you only report on this because it's tesla, no other manufacturer gets this kind of scrutiny!!!!"

has anyone done the math yet though? even if problems with teslas get over-reported, surely by this point it's becoming obvious that they have a greater number of serious failures than other cars?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also lol @ no service centers in michigan

how much you wanna bet that's because musk is a pissy baby and he wants to stick it to BIG AUTO and anyone who lives in the vicinity (collaborators)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

about to get rear end-ended in the middle of a busy street? time to log into reddit.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

saving the planet by murdering everyone dumb enough to buy a tesla

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
idk i’m not gonna blame people for getting taken in by greenwash marketing

it’s clearly among the more effective types of mind control advertising, even outside of the “i loving love science” rubes

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yospos: i loving love computers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, for sure. before i started reading the tech bubble thread i was pretty oblivious to the poo poo that elon (and the tech sector in general) pulls.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

akadajet posted:

yospos: i love loving computers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

akadajet posted:

yospos: i love loving computers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

gently caress YOU BEEP YOU loving poo poo I HJATE YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

heh :clint:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

about to get rear end-ended in the middle of a busy street? time to log into reddit.
unironically this, but only if there are no cars involved

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

hey my kitchen is on fire and my house is going to burn down with my children inside. i already called the guy who built my house but he's not answering and i've been on hold for an hour. is there any other number i can call if i have like an emergency situation?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

idk maybe FEMA???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's some commentary here about tesla and musk and libertarians but i can't quite place it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you'll note that at no point was it an option to put the car in neutral and push it out of the intersection, like you would do with literally any other vehicle. to the extent that the cops just started directing traffic around it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

there's some commentary here about tesla and musk and libertarians but i can't quite place it

yeah i see it too.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

also lol @ no service centers in michigan

how much you wanna bet that's because musk is a pissy baby and he wants to stick it to BIG AUTO and anyone who lives in the vicinity (collaborators)

could also be partially that there are like seven dollars in Michigan and four of them belong to car executives so I doubt there are many teslas here anyway

the rest belong to the devos family so maybe that's who posted that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

you'll note that at no point was it an option to put the car in neutral and push it out of the intersection, like you would do with literally any other vehicle. to the extent that the cops just started directing traffic around it

when i got rearended by the dude that totaled my 325 it drove the battery into the rear tire, rendering it immobile

a state trooper came up and yelled HEY WE GOTTA GET THIS THING OUT OF THE FAST LANE
i replied "She's dead, boss. Wanna push?"

and that is when i got to see a state trooper line his push bar up with my bmw and rev up and just bulldoze it out of the way into the median

it was super badass and i cannot wait until it is SOP to do this to $75,000 electric value-sedans with Tesla badges on them. oh god theyre going to sue the cops lmaoooooo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thank god for those awesome break away rear bumpers.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

please refer to page 52 of the online manual pdf. only the year old version is correct not the new one though so you'er going to need to torrent it. it will instruct you which tools are required to remove the tools to remove both rear tires. carefully squeeze your friend into a postion under the car and apply 500 pounds of forward pressure to the 5/8" rear seat mounting rivet. it will be difficult, they will surely gently caress up and die. we're sure you'll be able to learn from their reckless mistake and get it first try though.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jonny 290 posted:

it was super badass and i cannot wait until it is SOP to do this to $75,000 electric value-sedans with Tesla badges on them

Like, just if they see one, not even if it's immobile.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, usually it’s teslas rear ending emergency vehicles. this’d be nice for a change

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

when i got rearended by the dude that totaled my 325 it drove the battery into the rear tire, rendering it immobile

a state trooper came up and yelled HEY WE GOTTA GET THIS THING OUT OF THE FAST LANE
i replied "She's dead, boss. Wanna push?"

and that is when i got to see a state trooper line his push bar up with my bmw and rev up and just bulldoze it out of the way into the median

it was super badass and i cannot wait until it is SOP to do this to $75,000 electric value-sedans with Tesla badges on them. oh god theyre going to sue the cops lmaoooooo

remember these cars weigh as much as small trucks thanks to the batteries. this should be fun all round

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

remember these cars weigh as much as small trucks thanks to the batteries. this should be fun all round

there was an ad during football where two coaches sat in the back of a full sized pickup and yelled FIFTY SIX HUNDRED POUNDS! LETS SEE EM PUSH IT and eight linebackers slowly nudged it a few feet

the model s is about 4800 lb

lmaooooo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i genuinely don't understand why teslas can't be put into neutral without power. it's a goddamned electric car. with no power it should just coast like a skateboard

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

there was an ad during football where two coaches sat in the back of a full sized pickup and yelled FIFTY SIX HUNDRED POUNDS! LETS SEE EM PUSH IT and eight linebackers slowly nudged it a few feet

the model s is about 4800 lb

lmaooooo

oh that's nothing. the guru of the cult i talk about once lifted 7,000 pounds with one arm.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well there's all that regenerative braking stuff in there, presumably you don't want the wheels mechanically driving the motors when the car is off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

well there's all that regenerative braking stuff in there, presumably you don't want the wheels mechanically driving the motors when the car is off

sure this is A Concern but "car without power should be movable by normal tow truck/determined pushing" is (or should be!) way more important

if only the car company CEO didn't believe in safety third

(I helped a coworker push his electric car 2.5 blocks to get it from where it had lost power to the company parking lot once, it was actually the most fun I had at that job. Pushing very heavy things that roll pretty well is very satisfying exercise IME)