Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TotalLossBrain posted:

You are under arrest. Stop resisting.

I'm white, you can't arrest me :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hear me out, friends: could it be that pizza rules could have prevented some of these abominations? In any sane world, a bubblegum and banana pizza would be against the rules.

People must suffer and question eternally the affronts they have wrought before the pizza gods. While there may be no pizza rules, there may be pizza norms, and there should most certainly be pizza remorse. Pizza atonement, even. But we must learn from our pizza mistakes, grievous though they may be.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hear me out, friends: could it be that pizza rules could have prevented some of these abominations? In any sane world, a bubblegum and banana pizza would be against the rules.

The world ended in 2012 and it's just chaos now.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm white, you can't arrest me :smug:

Sorry only rich people get to use that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tashilicious posted:

Sorry only rich people get to use that.

gently caress

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

People must suffer and question eternally the affronts they have wrought before the pizza gods. While there may be no pizza rules, there may be pizza norms, and there should most certainly be pizza remorse. Pizza atonement, even. But we must learn from our pizza mistakes, grievous though they may be.

no rules, only sins

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Did anyone guess right?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Did anyone guess right?

Yeah, its "a breakup"

Edit:

I keep telling her to register a forums account. She keeps telling me "I'm not joining your stupid internet club"

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 21:25 on Sep 19, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah, its "a breakup"

Edit:

I keep telling her to register a forums account. She keeps telling me "I'm not joining your stupid internet club"

Then again, we threaten to break up with each other over every little thing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah, its "a breakup"

Edit:

Jastiger is gone, so it should be safe!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Then again, we threaten to break up with each other over every little thing

....huh?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's some weird forum meme i've never understood

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hirayuki posted:

Did anyone guess right?

Is it supposed to be ribs and a side salad?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:sever:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Creamed corn, lettuce with loose corn, and gloppy ribs.

What do I win?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Tiggum posted:

It's not a rule. You can do that, you just shouldn't. Like, there's no rule against throwing all your stuff into the garbage; it's your stuff, you can do what you like with it, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would agree that that was a wise course of action.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

no rules, only sins

These guys have reached enlightenment and now truly, deeply understand "no pizza rules".

e. I feel like I am becoming some sort of pizza evangelist, a modern day John the Pizza Baptist. I stand at the pulpit, holding a banana and bubblegum monstrosity, and shout "I hold your damnation in my hands! REPENT! Or you shall truly know pizza hell!"

rndmnmbr has a new favorite as of 23:41 on Sep 19, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's a mini t-rex with its brains blown out

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Backstory: the other day I was at a Goodwill outlet store, where they sell stuff in un-sorted bins by the pound. A few fellow middle-aged women and I were sifting through carts full of books, and I piped up with "Hey, if anyone finds 'The Joy of Cooking', I lost my copy when I moved here last year. Keep an eye out? I'm sure there's gotta be one here." Sure enough, not 2 minutes later one woman holds up a battered copy and says "You were looking for this?"

Thing is, it's a 1974 edition, not the 90's one I learned to cook with. And hooooo boy, is it chock-a-block full of AFP like so:

Irma Rombauer posted:

We are indebted to an Arctic explorer for the following Eskimo recipe for a frozen dinner: "Kill and eviscerate a medium sized walrus. Net several flocks of small migrating birds and remove only one small feather from each wing. Store birds whole in the interior of the walrus. Sew up walrus and freeze. Then two years or so later, find the cache if you can, notify clan of a feast, partially thaw walrus. Slice and serve." Simplicity itself.

wtf, Irma? posted:

Unless you choke your duck, pluck the down on its breast immediately afterward and cook it within 24 hours, you cannot lay claim to having produced an authentic Rouen duck.

seriously, Irma, we need to talk posted:

BEAVER TAIL
Hold over open flame until rough skin blisters. Remove from heat. When cool, peel off skin.

75 cents well spent. No pictures, but boy howdy have I been enjoying casually reading this earlier edition. If anyone needs to know how to dress a woodchuck (pro-tip: remove the 7-9 sacs in the small of the back and under the forearm), I got you.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Somewhere in my dad's house there's a hand written pioneer family cookbook from the 1800s, which will be super cool and also I'm sure has some horrifying poo poo to post.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mmm sacs

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Backstory: the other day I was at a Goodwill outlet store, where they sell stuff in un-sorted bins by the pound. A few fellow middle-aged women and I were sifting through carts full of books, and I piped up with "Hey, if anyone finds 'The Joy of Cooking', I lost my copy when I moved here last year. Keep an eye out? I'm sure there's gotta be one here." Sure enough, not 2 minutes later one woman holds up a battered copy and says "You were looking for this?"

Thing is, it's a 1974 edition, not the 90's one I learned to cook with. And hooooo boy, is it chock-a-block full of AFP like so:

75 cents well spent. No pictures, but boy howdy have I been enjoying casually reading this earlier edition. If anyone needs to know how to dress a woodchuck (pro-tip: remove the 7-9 sacs in the small of the back and under the forearm), I got you.

Is there a difference between a woodchuck and a muskrat?

Post the woodchuck recipe.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Any word on the woodchuck's ability to chuck wood?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone source me some beaver tails, wanna tear into that.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiviak

note the little note that if you gently caress it up and do the wrong birds you get botulism

beaver tails are ok. really fatty

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiviak

note the little note that if you gently caress it up and do the wrong birds you get botulism

beaver tails are ok. really fatty

I heard or read somewhere, possibly apocryphally, that fermented foods like this we're actually really important to populations living in high latitudes because they were the only way to get certain key nutrients that would normally come from plant sources which don't grow that far north.

That's obviously not what went into their development but it was an unintended result that possibly allowed those populations to survive.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

mds2 posted:

Post the woodchuck recipe.

I make muskrat pie when it's in season. It's delicious. I imagine woodchuck wouldn't be quite so delicately textured, and wouldn't have that hint of fishiness to it. Might not have to soak it in milk for as long before the first bake.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I remember reading somewhere that the correct way to eat cat is to kill it, and then wrap the body in clay and toss it in a fire. When done just break off the clay and the fur and skin come with it. It is kinda hosed up.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

In Korea/China you throw a live cat into boiling water to make a magic soup that cures arthritis or cancer depending on who you ask.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That sounds painful.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

In Korea/China you throw a live cat into boiling water to make a magic soup that cures arthritis or cancer depending on who you ask.

I am not a cat person but this is extremely hosed up

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The Bloop posted:

I am not a cat person but this is extremely hosed up

I am a cat person and it is indeed extremely hosed up.

Dogs killed for dog soup are often electrocuted or beaten to death because the fear before death causes adrenaline release and that means the soup will be better at giving you an erection.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

mds2 posted:

Different families. Muskrat is Cricetidae, woodchuck is Sciuridae. They're both rodents, but no more closely related than that. Like, they're no more closely related than cows and giraffes (both order Artiodactyla).

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Sep 20, 2018

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

But how do they taste?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

I think we have a new worst food info post, oh my god.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Applesnots posted:

But how do they taste?

Like chicken, probably.

No, seriously, muskrats are omnivores and woodchucks are primarily herbivorous, so they probably taste pretty different. Plus the musk sacs have to be a factor in taste.

Okay, muskrat apparently "doesn't taste like chicken or beef", whereas woodchuck is reported to taste like rabbit or squirrel.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Sep 20, 2018

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

AlbieQuirky posted:

Like chicken, probably.

No, seriously, muskrats are omnivores and woodchucks are primarily herbivorous, so they probably taste pretty different. Plus the musk sacs have to be a factor in taste.

I would try em. My buddy hunts doves and pigeons, he cuts out the breast meat and wraps it in bacon and grills it with a buffalo sauce. It is divine.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

red onion does give a nice kick to cat food