Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I’ve literally eaten spahettios poured on top of a quiche before so hell I could kind of go for that plate right now. I’ve got a huge soft spot for chefboyardee still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Applesnots posted:

I remember reading somewhere that the correct way to eat cat is to kill it, and then wrap the body in clay and toss it in a fire. When done just break off the clay and the fur and skin come with it. It is kinda hosed up.
I've heard that, but it was about hedgehogs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
TheWolfePit - How to make Mexican Pork Tacos - Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos!- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9VPAZgLM5Q

For all of you who don't like cilantro.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

TheWolfePit - How to make Mexican Pork Tacos - Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos!-
I think you're misspelling Carnitas there

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/07/no-waste-tacos-de-carnitas-with-salsa-verde-recipe.html

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 08:33 on Sep 20, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

red onion does give a nice kick to cat food

... or that, yeah

looks more like cat *litter* to me

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

AlbieQuirky posted:

Like chicken, probably.

No, seriously, muskrats are omnivores and woodchucks are primarily herbivorous, so they probably taste pretty different. Plus the musk sacs have to be a factor in taste.

Okay, muskrat apparently "doesn't taste like chicken or beef", whereas woodchuck is reported to taste like rabbit or squirrel.

A little late to this but I eat woodchuck (groundhog, whistle pig, etc) because they’re a pest on the land around here and if I’m gonna kill it I might as well eat it. It’s easy to skin them like a rabbit, and the meat is actually dark like wild rabbit but less gamy. We make it in stew and you’d be hard-pressed to think it was something other than beef.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A little late to this but I eat woodchuck (groundhog, whistle pig, etc) because they’re a pest on the land around here and if I’m gonna kill it I might as well eat it. It’s easy to skin them like a rabbit, and the meat is actually dark like wild rabbit but less gamy. We make it in stew and you’d be hard-pressed to think it was something other than beef.

I really hope you make hamburgers out of them. Ground chuck

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MariusLecter posted:

TheWolfePit - How to make Mexican Pork Tacos - Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos!- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9VPAZgLM5Q

What the hell is wrong with you people? I anyone who doesn't would these is a very broken person who cannot be saved.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Iron Crowned posted:

What the hell is wrong with you people? I anyone who doesn't would these is a very broken person who cannot be saved.

I would would these because I am definitely a very broken person.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Backstory: the other day I was at a Goodwill outlet store, where they sell stuff in un-sorted bins by the pound. A few fellow middle-aged women and I were sifting through carts full of books, and I piped up with "Hey, if anyone finds 'The Joy of Cooking', I lost my copy when I moved here last year. Keep an eye out? I'm sure there's gotta be one here." Sure enough, not 2 minutes later one woman holds up a battered copy and says "You were looking for this?"

Thing is, it's a 1974 edition, not the 90's one I learned to cook with. And hooooo boy, is it chock-a-block full of AFP like so:

75 cents well spent. No pictures, but boy howdy have I been enjoying casually reading this earlier edition. If anyone needs to know how to dress a woodchuck (pro-tip: remove the 7-9 sacs in the small of the back and under the forearm), I got you.

My copy is more recent, but it does tell how to skin a squirrel. Apparently, you carefully cut the skin down the belly, then round the neck. Then, putting your foot on its head, you pull the skin down backwards towards the tail. I have never had a need for this information, so I pass it on to the thread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

I really hope you make hamburgers out of them. Ground chuck

How much chuck would a woodchuck chuck if it wasn’t an abomination of nature to do so?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

gleebster posted:

My copy is more recent, but it does tell how to skin a squirrel. Apparently, you carefully cut the skin down the belly, then round the neck. Then, putting your foot on its head, you pull the skin down backwards towards the tail. I have never had a need for this information, so I pass it on to the thread.

I have the 75th (I think) anniversary edition and I have never seen anything like this.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gleebster posted:

Squirrel is good eatin'

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

How odd - I was just discussing the relative difficulty of skinning US grey squirrels compared to japanese squirrels with someone yesterday.

(I haven't done either; closest I've gotten is rabbit, but I'm guessing grey squirrels would be a hell of a lot easier since they are so much bigger. )

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MariusLecter posted:

I really want to go to Rookie's Cantina for tacos and a tequila flight now.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

mds2 posted:

Is there a difference between a woodchuck and a muskrat?

Post the woodchuck recipe.

I'll post both!

MUSKRAT
Skin and remove all fat from hams of:
6 muskrats
Poach for 45 minutes. Saute until golden:
1/2 cup minced onions
in:
2 tablespoons butter
Add the drained, dried muskrat hams and cook until brown Serve with:
Creamed Celery, page 271

WOODCHUCK
Dress woodchuck as for rabbit, but watch for and remove the 7 to 9 small sacs or kernels in the small of the back and under the forearm. Soak overnight in salted water. Drain and wipe dry. Cook by any recipe for rabbit or chicken.

I'd post RACCOON, but I wouldn't want to upset cash crab. :ohdear:

Pookah posted:

How odd - I was just discussing the relative difficulty of skinning US grey squirrels compared to japanese squirrels with someone yesterday.

(I haven't done either; closest I've gotten is rabbit, but I'm guessing grey squirrels would be a hell of a lot easier since they are so much bigger. )

JoC has this to say on that very matter:

quote:

Gray squirrels are the preferred ones; red squirrels are small and quite gamey in flavor.

BONUS: This copy was apparently a gift, as it's inscribed "December 27, 1974. To Deb, Love Aunt Anne and Uncle Les". Aunt Anne included some of her own recipes, written on the blank pages at both ends of the book. Pretty standard 70's housewife stuff like a broccoli casserole (made with a can of cream of chicken soup, of course), apple crisp, Anne's pie crust. Then we get to Deb's one contribution. I'm transcribing it exactly as written.

quote:

Deb's Waldorf Salad
apples
oranges
bananas
mayonnaise

cut in blocks, add mayonnaise
and toss together

Deb, you, uh, you really needed to write that down? Pretty sure "toss random fruit in unspecified amount of mayo" isn't that hard to remember, but hey, you do you.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

gleebster posted:

Never tried skinning a squirrel, but I did learn more than one way to skin a cat in college. Apparently the best method, if you want to avoid the possibility of cutting into the organs, is to make an incision down the spine, then slip your fingers under the skin and just kinda.. peel it off. :ohdear:

Also, at one point I had a copy of Joy of Cooking that had recipes and preparation instructions for brains and sweetmeats, but I can't remember which edition it was.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm hesitant on the first, because who puts cucumber on a taco? But yeah, would eat without regrets.

On the subject of rural cooking, I've heard that the way to cook carp is on a cedar shingle, with herbs and spices. Then, when the fish is finished cooking, you take it off the shingle, throw it away, and eat the shingle instead.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Waldorf Salad should have grapes and walnuts in it. gently caress Deb, that heretic.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

If we're sharing chili recipes now, here's what I usually do for a crock pot of chili (may or may not belong in this thread):

2ish pounds of pork ribs (bone in)
4 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
a head of garlic, beat to poo poo with the flat of your knife
1 red onion, diced
4 serranos, diced
3 habaneros, chopped
4 poblanos, diced
1 jar (12oz or so) of green or kalamata olives, chopped up as much as you like
~4oz achiote
garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder, oregano, and chile de arbol to taste, probably like 1/3c of spices in total
1 beer, something darker like a brown ale or stout

Sear off the pork ribs in whatever fat you like. Sweat the garlic/onions/peppers until they are soft, throw a little salt on them so some water comes out. Drain the brine out of the olives, toss them in at the end just so the flavors mix together a bit. Put all this into a crock pot with two of the cans of tomatoes, the achiote, and about half of the herbs & spices. Put the rack of ribs on top of this, then cover that with the rest of the herbs & spices and tomatoes. Pour the beer on top. Stick the loaded crock pot in the fridge overnight. The next morning, take it out and set it to low, put the lid just slightly off so a little liquid can cook out, and go to work. When you come home your house will smell delicious and you will have a bucket of food-style chili product.

trying this tonight minus the serranos and habaneros because my family is wussies. had to make achiote from scratch since white people grocery stores dont carry it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

boar guy posted:

trying this tonight minus the serranos and habaneros because my family is wussies. had to make achiote from scratch since white people grocery stores dont carry it
:hfive: Let me know how it turns out! My roommate went to Mexico City and her gift to me was a bunch of achiote and assorted spices and it has definitely upped my chili game.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

darthbob88 posted:

I'm hesitant on the first, because who puts cucumber on a taco? But yeah, would eat without regrets.

Eh, I like cucumber, so I'd probably just eat that separate from the taco.

Bees on Wheat posted:

Never tried skinning a squirrel, but I did learn more than one way to skin a cat in college. Apparently the best method, if you want to avoid the possibility of cutting into the organs, is to make an incision down the spine, then slip your fingers under the skin and just kinda.. peel it off. :ohdear:

Don't eat cats you monster

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Brutal Foods - Tiny Japanese Burger Kit! Popin Cookin! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLbogEK-gOQ

https://i.imgur.com/5s4Sk5x.mp4

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

:hfive: Let me know how it turns out! My roommate went to Mexico City and her gift to me was a bunch of achiote and assorted spices and it has definitely upped my chili game.

the achiote is sorta afp i guess:

those popin kits are fun but they taste like poo poo, across the board

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly I'd just watch RRcherrypie videos over that other one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDaz1VSS2E

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
The point is brutalmoose has never made them before, is terrible at cooking in general, and is a generally pretty funny guy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Honestly I'd just watch RRcherrypie videos over that other one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDaz1VSS2E

Yea, that's what I wanna see. Someone with a index finger condom doing it the right way. :rolleyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
These kits are infuriating. SO much plastic waste for literally no good reason.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Waldorf Salad should have grapes and walnuts in it. gently caress Deb, that heretic.

Ya isn't a Waldorf salad pretty defined by grapes and walnuts (among a couple of other things)? That's a bit like saying "here's a recipe for fish tacos" and telling someone to use pulled pork

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bike tory posted:

Ya isn't a Waldorf salad pretty defined by grapes and walnuts (among a couple of other things)? That's a bit like saying "here's a recipe for fish tacos" and telling someone to use pulled pork

come on, y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEeF_SsgLUA

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

it was pretty okay, the pork was excellent. next time i think i'd drain the tomatoes first and maybe serve it over rice, it was a little watery. lots of flavor for not many calories but i made liberal use of the slap chop because there is a lot of chopping :)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

In the 'food fad' pile:

https://twitter.com/m0m0m023/status/1042395437896876032

:thunk:

(In all seriousness maybe it's just the saturation on my screen again but those eggs look depressingly overcooked.)

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Sep 21, 2018

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KataraniSword posted:

In the 'food fad' pile:

https://twitter.com/m0m0m023/status/1042395437896876032

:thunk:

(In all seriousness maybe it's just the saturation on my screen again but those eggs look depressingly overcooked.)

They have dark yolks, but if you zoom in on the first picture you can even see that the whites are still runny.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Cross-Posted from the Right-Wing Media thread:

quote:

Liberals can’t be happy with simply ruining the lives of decent conservatives for cheap political gain. They have to ruin hamburgers, too. 

The burger is the ultimate Normal food, and horrible liberal elitists are trying to screw it up with lame alternative burgers because they are terrible. 

Let me be clear, to quote an awful ex-president: Nothing I write here is open to debate. I’m turning the epistemic closure thing back on the libs. It is impossible to disagree with my ground beef rantings, and if you do, you are racist, sexist, and a burgerphobic cisdinner hate criminal of hatred. 

Let’s clarify something else. Hamburgers are the King of American Casual Food. You can eat it in a bar, you can eat it in a car. Just don’t eat it in some trendy coastal eatery because they’ll screw it all up and you’ll end up dreaming of a Big Mac. 

Sloppy Joes are gross. They are burgers’ ne’er-do-well little brother, 35 and living in the basement nursing emotional damage because mom liked burgers better. And who wouldn’t? Sloppy Joes are orangey muck plopped onto a bun. They provide none of the firm but juicy consistency, or the satisfying interplay of extras and condiments, that make the burger nature’s perfect food. They are mere goo and are unworthy of a proud and free people. 

Naturally, artisanal Sloppy Joes are probably about to become a thing. 

Hot dogs are likewise terrible – what the hell is a hot dog anyway? With their troubling shape, unnatural smoothness, and nauseating consistency, the hot dog is a mutant entrée, a devolved sausage without flavor or purpose. You have to waste perfectly good chili – chili that should be in a bowl topped with sour cream in a just universe – just to make a hot dog taste like something. 

Even the name is unappetizing, unless you are Obama (editor's note: haha, get it...he ate a dog!???!?!). My kid says hot dogs are really tacos because of the bread V, and he makes a good point. Except tacos are tasty and hot dogs are awful. 

Eat a burger, like a man, damnit. And don’t be a Fredocon and whine about how the bun has gluten. 

Millennial elitist dorks are all about screwing up burgers. “Gourmet” burgers, they call them. But they are a sad simulacrum of true burgers, and a crime against nature. The menus of those precious gastropubs that spring up in the gentrified blue coastal urban centers are loaded with “specialty burgers” with cutesy names and inane combinations of ingredients. It’s sad. Unable to create anything of value, these goateed hipster monsters can only pervert and deform that which is pure and beautiful. A burger is simple goodness. And, as they do with everything else, liberals screw them up. 

A burger requires, at the threshold, good meat. There lies the first problem. This meat must come from a cow. But many of these dorks will try to create a sort of patty from something else, like (shiver) vegan pea protein. Note that peas are terrible, and only by putting them on a burger in place of a beef patty can these offensive soft green nuts be made worse. 

This is an abomination and if you ever encounter one, call an exorcist stat. 

But the elite can even screw up meat. Somewhere along the line, maybe when the waygu craze started, they decided that soft, tasteless beef with the consistency of wet newspaper was the bomb. You get an $18 burger (I live in LA – air costs $1 a breath) with this fancy meat, and it’s like mush. Why is it so hard to make “good meat” actually good? 

But it’s artisanal, which means overpriced and bad. “Oh, the cow was grass fed and massaged and hugged and it’s favorite band was Styx,” they’ll say, like I want to be friends with the drat Dinner Horse. I want to eat it, and I want it to taste like beef. But fancy elitist liberal beef doesn’t taste like beef. It tastes like ruined dreams and the Deep Thoughts of Kamala Harris. 

Beef. Normal beef. You can fry it on the grill or cook it over a flame – see, I totally embrace diversity – but it can’t be some weird mushpatty. Not if you want a burger instead of some pathetic charade on a bun. 

The bun. I’m open minded. You can do the traditional sesame seed style, or a potato roll. If you want to get kinky, throw it on rye for a patty melt. I will even accept a ciabatta in some cases. But a pretzel bun? What the hell is that? 

Stop doing horrible things just to try to freak out the squares. 

Cheese. Some of you eat burgers without cheese for reasons I cannot fathom. This is wrong and you are wrong. But worse than putting no cheese on your burger is putting the wrong cheese on your burger, thereby making it a wrong burger. 

American cheese is the quintessential burger cheese, and the name probably explains why liberals hate it. Cheddar is acceptable. Bleu cheese? That’s borderline – sure, I’ve tried it, but who hasn’t gone through an experimental phase? 

Swiss? Gross. Provolone? What’s wrong with you? Gruyere? Now you’re just screwing with us. 

Things to put on burgers break down into condiments and other stuff. Optional condiments include mustard and mayonnaise. Not Miracle Whip. I am not even sure what that is. Also, no Sriracha, no guacamole, no BBQ sauce. Mandatory condiments are ketchup and more ketchup. One of a hamburger’s key roles is to serve as a ketchup delivery system. There’s this one trendy place in LA that will remain nameless and patronless that serves this weird tomato fruit roll-up it calls a “ketchup leather.” They got the leather part right. The burger, which hipster doofuses rave about, tastes like an old shoe. 

Special sauce aka thousand island dressing aka ketchup + mayonnaise is an acceptable alternative to ketchup. Note that “ketchup” does not include “catsup” or grody Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s “organic” ketchup. The only good ketchup is mass-produced stuff you buy in a regular supermarket where they don’t sell kale. 

Other stuff. Bacon? Not my scene but I won’t judge. Lettuce? Eh? Take it or leave it. Tomatoes? Yes. Pickles? Yes. Onions? Yes, grilled, fresh, or – if you are awesome – both. But nothing weird. No “tomato jam” or “onion chow-chow.” 

It’s not hard. Don’t be weird for the sake of being weird and you’ll have a decent burger. Start messing with something that works and you get Obamacare. 

Look. They’ve taken Hollywood. They’ve taken the media. They’ve taken the college campuses. And they’ve messed them all up. We can’t give up burgers, too. 

My upcoming book Militant Normals: How Regular Americans Are Rebelling Against the Elite to Reclaim Our Democracy contains no burger recipes, because normal people don’t need burger recipes. Normals take meat, throw it on a grill, put it on a bun, put some stuff on it, and eat it like the heroes they are. 

And liberals? They screw up everything they touch. The arts. Academia. Dinner. 

So, confirm your normality by rejecting burger mutations. And confirm Kavanaugh, too.

Just eat the drat burg my man.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I hope he gets bit by a tick.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

it looks like it smells good haha

I am like 100 pages back but I wanted to say that I appreciated this reference.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Yea, that's what I wanna see. Someone with a index finger condom doing it the right way. :rolleyes:

Hey, they're a great couple who do cute food things and cute plush things, don't give them flak, they're cool.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey, they're a great couple who do cute food things and cute plush things, don't give them flak, they're cool.

Jokes on you, I already sub'd and liked a ton of their vids.

You dope!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

Cross-Posted from the Right-Wing Media thread:

quote:

Liberals can’t be happy with simply ruining the lives of decent conservatives for cheap political gain. They have to ruin hamburgers, too. 

The burger is the ultimate Normal food, and horrible liberal elitists are trying to screw it up with lame alternative burgers because they are terrible. 

Let me be clear, to quote an awful ex-president: Nothing I write here is open to debate. I’m turning the epistemic closure thing back on the libs. It is impossible to disagree with my ground beef rantings, and if you do, you are racist, sexist, and a burgerphobic cisdinner hate criminal of hatred. 

Let’s clarify something else. Hamburgers are the King of American Casual Food. You can eat it in a bar, you can eat it in a car. Just don’t eat it in some trendy coastal eatery because they’ll screw it all up and you’ll end up dreaming of a Big Mac. 

Sloppy Joes are gross. They are burgers’ ne’er-do-well little brother, 35 and living in the basement nursing emotional damage because mom liked burgers better. And who wouldn’t? Sloppy Joes are orangey muck plopped onto a bun. They provide none of the firm but juicy consistency, or the satisfying interplay of extras and condiments, that make the burger nature’s perfect food. They are mere goo and are unworthy of a proud and free people. 

Naturally, artisanal Sloppy Joes are probably about to become a thing. 

Hot dogs are likewise terrible – what the hell is a hot dog anyway? With their troubling shape, unnatural smoothness, and nauseating consistency, the hot dog is a mutant entrée, a devolved sausage without flavor or purpose. You have to waste perfectly good chili – chili that should be in a bowl topped with sour cream in a just universe – just to make a hot dog taste like something. 

Even the name is unappetizing, unless you are Obama (editor's note: haha, get it...he ate a dog!???!?!). My kid says hot dogs are really tacos because of the bread V, and he makes a good point. Except tacos are tasty and hot dogs are awful. 

Eat a burger, like a man, damnit. And don’t be a Fredocon and whine about how the bun has gluten. 

Millennial elitist dorks are all about screwing up burgers. “Gourmet” burgers, they call them. But they are a sad simulacrum of true burgers, and a crime against nature. The menus of those precious gastropubs that spring up in the gentrified blue coastal urban centers are loaded with “specialty burgers” with cutesy names and inane combinations of ingredients. It’s sad. Unable to create anything of value, these goateed hipster monsters can only pervert and deform that which is pure and beautiful. A burger is simple goodness. And, as they do with everything else, liberals screw them up. 

A burger requires, at the threshold, good meat. There lies the first problem. This meat must come from a cow. But many of these dorks will try to create a sort of patty from something else, like (shiver) vegan pea protein. Note that peas are terrible, and only by putting them on a burger in place of a beef patty can these offensive soft green nuts be made worse. 

This is an abomination and if you ever encounter one, call an exorcist stat. 

But the elite can even screw up meat. Somewhere along the line, maybe when the waygu craze started, they decided that soft, tasteless beef with the consistency of wet newspaper was the bomb. You get an $18 burger (I live in LA – air costs $1 a breath) with this fancy meat, and it’s like mush. Why is it so hard to make “good meat” actually good? 

But it’s artisanal, which means overpriced and bad. “Oh, the cow was grass fed and massaged and hugged and it’s favorite band was Styx,” they’ll say, like I want to be friends with the drat Dinner Horse. I want to eat it, and I want it to taste like beef. But fancy elitist liberal beef doesn’t taste like beef. It tastes like ruined dreams and the Deep Thoughts of Kamala Harris. 

Beef. Normal beef. You can fry it on the grill or cook it over a flame – see, I totally embrace diversity – but it can’t be some weird mushpatty. Not if you want a burger instead of some pathetic charade on a bun. 

The bun. I’m open minded. You can do the traditional sesame seed style, or a potato roll. If you want to get kinky, throw it on rye for a patty melt. I will even accept a ciabatta in some cases. But a pretzel bun? What the hell is that? 

Stop doing horrible things just to try to freak out the squares. 

Cheese. Some of you eat burgers without cheese for reasons I cannot fathom. This is wrong and you are wrong. But worse than putting no cheese on your burger is putting the wrong cheese on your burger, thereby making it a wrong burger. 

American cheese is the quintessential burger cheese, and the name probably explains why liberals hate it. Cheddar is acceptable. Bleu cheese? That’s borderline – sure, I’ve tried it, but who hasn’t gone through an experimental phase? 

Swiss? Gross. Provolone? What’s wrong with you? Gruyere? Now you’re just screwing with us. 

Things to put on burgers break down into condiments and other stuff. Optional condiments include mustard and mayonnaise. Not Miracle Whip. I am not even sure what that is. Also, no Sriracha, no guacamole, no BBQ sauce. Mandatory condiments are ketchup and more ketchup. One of a hamburger’s key roles is to serve as a ketchup delivery system. There’s this one trendy place in LA that will remain nameless and patronless that serves this weird tomato fruit roll-up it calls a “ketchup leather.” They got the leather part right. The burger, which hipster doofuses rave about, tastes like an old shoe. 

Special sauce aka thousand island dressing aka ketchup + mayonnaise is an acceptable alternative to ketchup. Note that “ketchup” does not include “catsup” or grody Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s “organic” ketchup. The only good ketchup is mass-produced stuff you buy in a regular supermarket where they don’t sell kale. 

Other stuff. Bacon? Not my scene but I won’t judge. Lettuce? Eh? Take it or leave it. Tomatoes? Yes. Pickles? Yes. Onions? Yes, grilled, fresh, or – if you are awesome – both. But nothing weird. No “tomato jam” or “onion chow-chow.” 

It’s not hard. Don’t be weird for the sake of being weird and you’ll have a decent burger. Start messing with something that works and you get Obamacare. 

Look. They’ve taken Hollywood. They’ve taken the media. They’ve taken the college campuses. And they’ve messed them all up. We can’t give up burgers, too. 

My upcoming book Militant Normals: How Regular Americans Are Rebelling Against the Elite to Reclaim Our Democracy contains no burger recipes, because normal people don’t need burger recipes. Normals take meat, throw it on a grill, put it on a bun, put some stuff on it, and eat it like the heroes they are. 

And liberals? They screw up everything they touch. The arts. Academia. Dinner. 

So, confirm your normality by rejecting burger mutations. And confirm Kavanaugh, too.

Just eat the drat burg my man.
this is the kind of person that writes loving essays for their yelp reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The :thunk: ones are great because I just love that fuckin emoji so much.