Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Dunno why people are surprised about Ada's getup. Show me a Japanese game based in the west that doesn't use some whorey old stereotypical outfit for its characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The knife babies in SH1 got changed in the UK maybe they'll do that this time too

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

DLC Inc posted:

Dead Space 1 or 2 literally had suicide babies you had to kill and nobody really said anything about that

yeah but that was 2008.

don't think you'll be shooting them, probably just banging on windows/cutscenes or maybe just stuff for sherry's part.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DLC Inc posted:

Dead Space 1 or 2 literally had suicide babies you had to kill and nobody really said anything about that

I still remember how bizarre the fight on the stage was. Right after you get the harpoon gun as well so you end up nailing a million zombie babies all over the walls.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I want to powerbomb a zombie baby into the concrete while Leon makes snappy puns like "you're GROUNDED"

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Gonna pre-order this. yeah. This gonna be a rare full-price pickups. I wasn't aware that those big rear end sunglasses Ada was wearing were popular in the 90s. They strike me as a 60s/70s or retro 2000s, but I don't remember they being around in the 90s.

CharlestonJew posted:

I want to powerbomb a zombie baby into the concrete while Leon makes snappy puns like "you're GROUNDED"

Insert this game into my veins!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh my god, my efforts to do keep myself away from any media related to this so I can surprise myself just isn't working

Birkin :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

:eyes:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Leon S. (Sebastian Casellanos) Kennedy: what the

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

the flashlights

that 90s as gently caress x-files "these still are batons that use D-cells we can't put them on out guns" shooting pose

yessssssss

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 20, 2018

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This might be a controversial opinion, but I would really like to play this video game right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Vikar Jerome posted:

ushegkushefej lhjflish liseh lsihjsljfslelish213512.158

Yeah same

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Raxivace posted:

This might be a controversial opinion, but I would really like to play this video game right now.

it's what everyone's been dying for.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Here's some more Claire gameplay, just a more complete run through the fight with William and encounter with Irons that we've seen parts of already. There's people talking constantly over it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Hko72yQMc

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

The knife babies in SH1 got changed in the UK maybe they'll do that this time too
Did they? I seem to remember them still being dumb annoying knife babies with a thing for stabbing people in the knees, so it couldn't have been a very noticeable change. That being said I haven't played SH in over a decade so I'm probably remembering the demo (which was packed with early versions of MGS) more than anything. That definitely had the dumb knife babies.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i guess that confirms it then, we're getting zombie kids. can't wait to see how that goes down in 2019.
Pfft, they're just little zombies in a videogame. I doubt anyone with any sense who doesn't want to cause a storm of sensationalist bullshit will bat an eyelid.

Then again we did have that moronic Slenderman poo poo which resulted in a kid being stabbed. Wow people can be really loving dumb.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Needs a little more licker action before I'm fully onboard.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I wonder if Ada's cover story that she gives Leon (and possibly Annette) will be different. With her saying "that's classified" to Leon I get the feeling she isn't playing the "I'm here to find my boyfriend" card that we all remember. I can see her claiming to be part of an investigation either from Umbrella or even the US government to get all access and work to get a g-virus sample.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't really care about the story beats, I'm just more concerned about how different the mechanics have been between 4/5, 6, and 7 that this game is fun to play. 4 and 7 were so much fun single player and 5 and 6 were ONLY fun if you played in couch coop settings. I haven't been up to date so I don't know if they're using the 7 engine or not, but I don't think it translate well to RE2.

Side-note, I've played 1-3, Code Veronica, and Revelations 1 + 2 this year and the only game I've played multiple times is 1, I've beaten it 6 times this year and I still want to play it more. I need to get on REMake because I haven't even touched it yet. I played the poo poo out of 4 and 5, and I think the original vanilla version of RE1 is my second favorite RE experience.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I don't really care about the story beats, I'm just more concerned about how different the mechanics have been between 4/5, 6, and 7 that this game is fun to play. 4 and 7 were so much fun single player and 5 and 6 were ONLY fun if you played in couch coop settings. I haven't been up to date so I don't know if they're using the 7 engine or not, but I don't think it translate well to RE2.

yeah they're using the RE engine for everything now, i.e. this game and DMCV. I'm pretty sure this is single player all the way and they wanna keep it that way. The original RE2 was a far cry from RE5/6 so I wouldn't worry about it neeing multiplayer just to be fun; RE2 looks a lot like RE4 if it had way less action and way more focus on the survival horror.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

RealFoxy posted:

I played the E3 demo at SDCC, and it feels good. It uses the same engine as RE7 and the inventory and health management are the same, but the actual third person gameplay reminded me a lot of RE4, with the addition of being able to move while aiming. It was only a brief demo (And you can look it up on YouTube to get the gist of it), but there's no doubt in my mind this is going to be the best game in the series since 4.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 21, 2018

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Can't believe they used this shot where the characters only have one foot on solid ground. 0/10

Preorder cancelled.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I played the E3 demo at SDCC, and it feels good. It uses the same engine as RE7 and the inventory and health management are the same, but the actual third person gameplay reminded me a lot of RE4, with the addition of being able to move while aiming. It was only a brief demo (And you can look it up on YouTube to get the gist of it), but there's no doubt in my mind this is going to be the best game in the series since 4.
Being the best in the series since 4 has a hell of a lot of hype to live up to since it was basically one of the top 5 games of that decade.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

AllisonByProxy posted:

Can't believe they used this shot where the characters only have one foot on solid ground. 0/10

Preorder cancelled.

and where are the puddles!?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

4 ... was basically one of the top 5 games

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The level of detail being put into this game is amazing. They are really putting in the effort to make Birkin (and the other mutated enemies in the game) look absolutely disturbing. Like here, you can infer that the giant eye on the right arm of Birkin's first form is not something that just sprouted due to the G-Virus, but most likely is Birkin's actual right eye forcibly moved over to his right elbow because of the mutation. This game is going to be equal parts :allears: and equal parts :wtc:.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Hot take, i thought 5 was better than 4 for the most part, even as a solo game.

But 2 remake looks amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Hot take, i thought 5 was better than 4 for the most part, even as a solo game.

But 2 remake looks amazing.
I had so much more fun playing 5 coop than 4 solo, outside of the dumb rear end on the rails shooter part into Gigante boss and the confusing and unintuitive Wesker mechanics in all 3 fights, but the narrative, flow and setting in 4 is hands down the best complete single player experiences in a game I've ever experienced.

I'd still put 4 way above 5 just because the reasons I mentioned above were so stupid and frustrating for no reason. I can do a knife-only run in RE4 but I can't for the life of me beat Wesker or the on-rail shooter parts of RE5 easily.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

The level of detail being put into this game is amazing. They are really putting in the effort to make Birkin (and the other mutated enemies in the game) look absolutely disturbing. Like here, you can infer that the giant eye on the right arm of Birkin's first form is not something that just sprouted due to the G-Virus, but most likely is Birkin's actual right eye forcibly moved over to his right elbow because of the mutation. This game is going to be equal parts :allears: and equal parts :wtc:.

yeah the old games are so much better in terms of gross disgusting poo poo. RE5 was so boring to me with their black tentacle slimebucket monsters. Hell even 4 traded in zombies for mostly cultists. Will be nice to have genuinely creepy terrifying stuff again like Lickers, Mr. X, Birkin, and bloody zombies.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vakal posted:

Needs a little more licker action before I'm fully onboard.

Are we gonna actually see a licker take yours or somebody elses head off with its tongue?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm interested in both the story beats and the gameplay and I'm wondering how hosed up Irons and his loving dungeon will look in this version

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i havent played a FPS on a console in at least 10 years, but i kind of want to get a ps4 for this because chances are i will have to upgrade my pc just to play it there

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Good soup! posted:

I'm interested in both the story beats and the gameplay and I'm wondering how hosed up Irons and his loving dungeon will look in this version

At first glance Irons looks like a friendly uncle or grandpa (the sort of guy you'd see in a Werther's Original ad) this time around, unlike in the original or Darkside where his face was visibly filled with general contempt and malicious intent. Especially in Darkside.

As for his Rape & Taxidermy Dungeon, that's probably going to look loving awful in the best way with all manner of ghoulish poo poo adorning the walls.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

As for his Rape & Taxidermy Dungeon, that's probably going to look loving awful in the best way with all manner of ghoulish poo poo adorning the walls.

It'll actually be his my little pony collection.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Azubah posted:

It'll actually be his my little pony collection.

Poor Sherry. Kidnapped by Irons and forced to endure his anime collection. Truly Resident Evil 2 is the most horrific game in the series.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Brian Irons reveals the world's most comprehensive collection of third-party N64 controllers

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Irons is the original angry nerd.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

ishikabibble posted:

the flashlights

that 90s as gently caress x-files "these still are batons that use D-cells we can't put them on out guns" shooting pose

yessssssss

We just need that MO disk and Sony WalkmanTM cameo to round out the rest of the 90s nostalgia trip.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Man they shoulda kept Claire's starting pistol as the Browning Hi Power instead of that ugly rear end snub nosed revolver she's got now. :colbert:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Man they shoulda kept Claire's starting pistol as the Browning Hi Power instead of that ugly rear end snub nosed revolver she's got now. :colbert:

I like the snub nosed revolver, it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ishikabibble posted:

the flashlights

yessssssss

I am nostalgic for 80s-90 tacticool stuff so this is definitely my poo poo.