Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is anyone else watching Woods and Breeze's Battle of the Brands series on UUDD?

It's insane at how bad Woods is at the game (and how salty he gets about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Sky Shadowing posted:

https://youtu.be/81EVlR5Fh5I

MyCareer trailer.

Holy crap... it looks good.

This does look cool and I look forward to watching someone else play it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Is anyone else watching Woods and Breeze's Battle of the Brands series on UUDD?

It's insane at how bad Woods is at the game (and how salty he gets about it)

I’ve watched only a couple episodes of it. Anyone who puts Charlie Haas vs. Joy Giovanni as a feud deserves to get their rear end handed to them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sky Shadowing posted:

https://youtu.be/81EVlR5Fh5I

MyCareer trailer.

Holy crap... it looks good.

Aww yeah give me that extended Bray Wyatt feud that kills my heat

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Turns out this is just a created wrestler, but there are 3 fake wrestlers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsRkZrmOV5A

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 20, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Maybe Ciampa is Blocky or El Mago

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That looks like someone dressed as Macho Man for Halloween, complete with a beard they glued to their face.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I really want to know which 2K employee made Barron Blade in No Mercy when they were a kid and is living out their personal fantasy of his inexplicably being a main character in the WWE every year.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

CarlCX posted:

I really want to know which 2K employee made Barron Blade in No Mercy when they were a kid and is living out their personal fantasy of his inexplicably being a main character in the WWE every year.

I assume that's like a stealth Ian Rotten right?

edit: Whoa, Bryan Danielson on the roster? Never thought i'd see the day

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mary had a little clam posted:

edit: Whoa, Bryan Danielson on the roster? Never thought i'd see the day

B+ player at best.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CarlCX posted:

I legitimately respect that they made him fat this time though. A year is a long hard time for a road agent

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That career mode trailer does look pretty good, actually. Zombie H and being teleported into Woken Matt's weird Twin Peaks waiting room and Hunter's goofy masked henchman are all neat touches. And it's amusing that both WWE 2K and Fire Pro decided to have you work a fake indie in career mode.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The real kicker will be if I can tweak the voice pitch at all because having the same voice no matter the model would be lame as hell.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think you mean :siren: HE'S FAT:siren:.

But yeah I just got suckered in. Preordered deluxe edition because even if the game is crap I can have fun with creation tools.

Other news I've spotted that interests me:

Some Create an Arena options are the high school gym, high school parking lot, Japan Hall, Japan Dome (Tokyo Dome Hype?), and Mexico Plaza. Also Hammerstein with what appears to be custom banners hanging from the balcony.
You can have 6 titles to a show in Universe mode.
You can set managers in universe mode.
Money in the Bank has its own settings and you can set what titles it's for and for the AI to cash in automatically. Also has its own entrances.
You can set what wrestler wins in a simulated match in Universe.
You can set what types of matches appear on a show, so only hardcore matches on ECW, for example.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 20, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also like that the main plot seems to be you invade NXT as a fake DX and Hunter gets butthurt so decides to hire you and try to bury you.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I’m all for a return to camp (I think somebody on staff might have played SLAMMED) but the test is going to be how many listless matches you’ll be expected to fight in between each plot point.

It looks like they might be getting rid of the pointless heel / face choices and just making the PC a tweener, which would be a smart move.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 20, 2018

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Takuan posted:

Me and my wife literally did this Friday Night. It was scary.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. We made it through just fine and GAME Pro Wrestling will return tonight at 8:05 EST with The Beach Episode!

Never take my advice, but thank

For not dying

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It also sounds like they might finally be fixing some old problems with Universe design, eg having only one MITB winner and the AI not using MITB. But with these things it’s like pushing a bubble from one side of the tape to another. There will be old bugs and new ones.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's some updates to the Universe mode that's been a long time coming. You can have six titles, and they can be whatever you want. You want 6 tag titles on the show, you can have it. MitB cash ins can now be chosen to happen before, during, or after a match, and the big one for me, you can finally chose a winner when you simulate matches.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Fixing universe is a big step. Won't matter for long though if ai still plays every wrestler the exact same way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

remusclaw posted:

Fixing universe is a big step. Won't matter for long though if ai still plays every wrestler the exact same way.

Well, that ain't ever going to change.

And it looks like they took out some of the duplicates, like SWAT Big Boss Man, Fat Jake The Snake Roberts, and most notably, Surfer Sting

Looks like Surfer Sting is in it

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 21, 2018

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I enjoyed this and watched way more than I planned

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDfmmzrfhc

This is actually cool as hell and I feel like it's something I've put in the "why can't they just..." pile fumbling through CAW mode one time. He goes through it so many times and I don't think the attires repeat! Feel the same way about goofy story mode stuff and fights that are closer to video game bosses than WWE matches. So they have good direction on the paint job stuff this year, just the...game is gonna be the game.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 21, 2018

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST!
It's The Beach Episode! I know it's technically fall, but this episode was recorded when it was still summer!
-Sabin, Terra, Cody, Duke Nukem, Rainbow Mika, 2B, Samus and Solid Snake compete in a 1 Night Tournament to crown the Sovereign of The Sand!
-Plus, The Super Mario Bros take on New Challengers in a non-title match, and a classic match from the GAME Pro Wrestling archives: Earthworm Jim vs Purple Tentacle!
-All this and... not really anything more. It's been a rough couple weeks.
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDfmmzrfhc

This is actually cool as hell and I feel like it's something I've put in the "why can't they just..." pile fumbling through CAW mode one time. He goes through it so many times and I don't think the attires repeat! Feel the same way about goofy story mode stuff and fights that are closer to video game bosses than WWE matches. So they have good direction on the paint job stuff this year, just the...game is gonna be the game.

What's bizarre is that they're almost throwing this stuff out under the radar at the last minute when you'd think features like this would be how you'd try to sell the game and hide that it's the same old graphics and gameplay.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there seems to be a new glitch where the referee will despawn if you try to grapple them as the illegal man in a tag team/as a manager

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

The real kicker will be if I can tweak the voice pitch at all because having the same voice no matter the model would be lame as hell.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
So basically, joke's on you if you want to be anything but a middling white guy.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Well to be fair, given what NBA 2k wrote a few years ago (you could customize your player but you were a black kid making steps into the NBA. Even if you were white. And no, you weren't adopted, you got your terrible nickname "Frequency Vibrations" from you moving around in your mom's womb while she was pregnant with you and your twin sister. Who is again, black) I'll take a voice allowing people to just assume they've got a weird voice for whatever ethnicity they want to pick, especially if the VA is good, and from what I've watched he seems pretty solid of a choice.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
With any luck you can turn down or mute the voices and just read the text.

Can't wait to be young indy upstart Minoru Suzuki just savagely harming fools.

In other news, during this video showing off all the new moves, apparently one of the moves is improperly set-up in Create a Moveset, so the attacker doesn't actually connect and just kills himself instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2uaYLPqXYE&t=1112s

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
My most wanted big new feature would be the ability to port your created content forward to future games. I'd be a total sucker and buy every game, no matter how bad, if that was the case.

Like sure they're always tweaking the CAW mode, but there has to be enough that doesn't change between games that they could make this work. Even if like a part/move or two gets reset in translation, just let me do it dammit.

I don't think Fire Pro technically has this either, but they aren't cranking out games every year (and you know there's at least gonna be a mod to port everything over for any eventual PC sequel) so I've had no problem investing a ton of time in creating stuff there.

Doesn't some other 2K sports game actually support this? Or maybe EA? I realize a created sportsman has much less going on but still.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

lol if you think Fire Pro World is gonna get a sequel any time soon. Its existence is a miracle as is.

:smith:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

lol if you think Fire Pro World is gonna get a sequel any time soon. Its existence is a miracle as is.

The way some people are talking, Fire Pro may not even get all the announced DLC. :smith:

That being said, Fire Pro is pretty friendly towards porting CAWS from older editions... In that the vast majority of the available CAW parts and moves and AI settings are identical to previous versions. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of edits on the Steam Workshop for Fire Pro that are direct ports from Fire Pro Wrestling Returns/D/GBA

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Takuan posted:

The way some people are talking, Fire Pro may not even get all the announced DLC. :smith:

That being said, Fire Pro is pretty friendly towards porting CAWS from older editions... In that the vast majority of the available CAW parts and moves and AI settings are identical to previous versions. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of edits on the Steam Workshop for Fire Pro that are direct ports from Fire Pro Wrestling Returns/D/GBA

Is FPW doing that badly sales-wise? I know it's more than likely dwelling in the domain of niche wrestling game enthusiasts like us, so it would be disappointing but not surprising if it wasn't meeting sales goals.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FPW was a thing Spike Chunsoft threw together to get people to quit asking them when the next Fire Pro is coming out. Now they can focus on games that will actually make them money.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I mean yeah, that's the good and bad of it. They deserve to succeed. On the other hand, not having resources for a sequel means my CAWs will never be obsolete!

coconono posted:

FPW was a thing Spike Chunsoft threw together to get people to quit asking them when the next Fire Pro is coming out. Now they can focus on games that will actually make them money.
If nothing else, it's good that the final Fire Pro game won't be that awful Xbox 360 avatar thing!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

World is an evergreen product, at least once the dlc is released it is. Returns was similar for years but being on the PC, this one doesn't have to stop getting better. It's a bummer there wont be sequels, but honestly, Fire Pro is a very dated style of game, and I would rather they went in other directions if they were to make more wrestling games anyway. KOC3 anyone?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Speaking of Fire Pro World, do I really need to join a Discord group now if I want to get the mod suite?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Speaking of Fire Pro World, do I really need to join a Discord group now if I want to get the mod suite?

Yeah, the dude that makes the main mod suite got mad about... something on the board and took all his stuff to his discord server. Though the mod stuff is in it's own clearly labeled channel, so it's pretty quick and easy to get to once you join the discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Takuan posted:

Yeah, the dude that makes the main mod suite got mad about... something on the board and took all his stuff to his discord server. Though the mod stuff is in it's own clearly labeled channel, so it's pretty quick and easy to get to once you join the discord.

Welp. At least it's easy to find then.