Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Last Chance posted:

wonder if they bring up in the podcast that the cranky judge guy in this season is fuckin Neelix from Voyager? I bet he doesn't like to talk about his stint in Voyager IRL.
:stare: Oh poo poo, I knew he looked familiar from somewhere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

clown shoes posted:

Lalo: "You're gonna die."
Yeah that line was (seemingly intentionally) foreboding.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Lalo raises gun to Nacho: "You're not in Breaking Bad."

Nacho raises gun to Lalo: "Neither are you."

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Data Graham posted:

The stopper from that fancy tequila bottle, the one over which she and Jimmy bonded during their first grift.

Oh, yeah, and they were playing the music that played when Jimmy snuck out at night to steal the Hummel. It's like this broke her brain and it is fantastic. The scenes with the phones were hilarious.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 25, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Last Chance posted:

wonder if they bring up in the podcast that the cranky judge guy in this season is fuckin Neelix from Voyager? I bet he doesn't like to talk about his stint in Voyager IRL.

They brought it up on the last episode he was in

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

doesn't look like we're gonna get a sriracha dance :(

Had the song picked out and everything. Insane theory craft better next time thread :smug:

kefkafloyd posted:

It feels to me that Jimmy's going to break it off with Kim so she doesn't hurt herself in a scam, but that feels too easy.

So does 'Let's do it again' refer to somehow swinging the new building design? That sounds like a bunch of boring paperwork, until Saul Goodman gets involved :slick:

I'll admit I thought of this during the scene, but that would be a bit 4-D chess-y for Gus.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Did he? It’s been a while since I've seen it

He mad an Asian massage comment at one point, happy ending implied. But yeah still not the kind of thing you'd expect if Kim were still in his life, at least romantically.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Last Chance posted:

I'm also betting that spending 7 hours a day in makeup chair to become an ugly alien chef who dates a 1-year-old on UPN is something he'd rather leave behind.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

kim is extremely my bitch

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
This one cracks me up.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
So Nacho sliced that dude's ear to keep up appearances, right? Because otherwise, gently caress Nacho.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Ok before I kinda ragged on the guys who were complaining about the hole digging subplot but I admit it's getting kinda boring now

The most exciting thing that could happen is Mike kills the workers and I'm not sure how much I would even care. There's also too many scenes about pouring concrete now.

Lalo felt a bit cliche to me. The whole villain nonchalantly cooks to show that they own poo poo is kinda played out.

Saul n Kim parts were awesome.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

So Nacho sliced that dude's ear to keep up appearances, right? Because otherwise, gently caress Nacho.

He pulled his earring out because the dealer is either skimming or just being lazy because Hector isn't around, and he's testing how far he can push the new boss. It would be Nacho's job even if he wasn't compromised.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Takes No Damage posted:

He mad an Asian massage comment at one point, happy ending implied. But yeah still not the kind of thing you'd expect if Kim were still in his life, at least romantically.

it could reveal that all of his talk of a sleazy lifestyle is just to fit in and he actually has a pretty normal home life outside of the strip mall

also he'd probably lie his rear end off in little ways like that to throw people off the trail of anyone else who he's actually close to

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The dude was light on his payment. The Salamancas don't put up with that. Nacho didn't cut the dudes ear, he ripped out his earring.

Also, the opening scene seems to show that Nacho might in fact disappear instead of getting killed since he is saving up cash and had a 2nd ID card in the safe already...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Takes No Damage posted:

Jimmy / Saul always tells crazy rear end stories though. Like, just about every line that Jimmy says to someone / a client could be written off as just a story, just because that is literally his character.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

gently caress, the idea that Kim's still there in the background of BB is compelling, since of loving course Jimmy isn't going to go 'hello criminals i am saul goodman and live with my lawyer girlfriend who i love very much at 11439 pleasant road west'

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Legit laughing at the whole Huell thing.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Man Kim really went in a direction I wasn't expecting, from seeming to stress/guilt buy school supplies (though it's possible she had the scheme in mind and only called Jimmy because she forgot to right away), then kind of all over the map emotionally and finally just wanting to keep on slipping. Definitely wasn't what I expected, but it's certainly plausible that she got a thrill out of it having been a direct participant in it and doing it for what seems like a good cause (poor overcharged Huell).

Not sure where these next two episodes will go, all I can predict for now is that we see Jimmy open up a Saul Goodman law office (not necessarily his strip mall office), Lalo does some ruthless cartel thing, and someone on that Superlab crew is going to screw up and get killed or severely punished to send a message, probably poor Werner.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The dude was light on his payment. The Salamancas don't put up with that. Nacho didn't cut the dudes ear, he ripped out his earring.

But without Hector watching over him, (and Lalo having not shown up yet), was it necessary? It seems like Nacho should have some more empathy at this point than that.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

But without Hector watching over him, (and Lalo having not shown up yet), was it necessary? It seems like Nacho should have some more empathy at this point than that.

If Nacho doesn't send back as much money to the cartel than the cartel got before Hector became incapacitated, then Nacho gets his earring ripped out. Nacho is even more on the line than before.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was a good rear end episode. Bad Kim is going to rule and Lalo looks like he’ll be a fun character.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Lalo being a salamanca minus the sociopathic rage is a pretty interesting turn.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes, because Nacho still has someone else to pay up too also. And if Nacho lets 1 guy slide with being light, then the whole thing will be at risk of crumbling.

Javid posted:

Lalo being a salamanca minus the sociopathic rage is a pretty interesting turn.

lol if you believe this to be true because he was being nice to Nacho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kim Wexler: Mr. Babineaux, I don't use the word hero very often... but you sir are the greatest hero in American History.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm worried Kim is going to do something reckless for this bank, get caught and ruin her career. I'm nervous! A nervous wreck

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Always great to see the film students in the mix.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Nacho is doing what he has to do, but he doesn't enjoy it and just wants out.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
The church website loving uses comic sans I love it. I love this show.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
hahaha. Are you insane Kim? They took no for an answer. Just keep taking their money.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

The Human Crouton posted:

He pulled his earring out because the dealer is either skimming or just being lazy because Hector isn't around, and he's testing how far he can push the new boss. It would be Nacho's job even if he wasn't compromised.

I was actually expecting something like Nacho just confiscating all the guy's obvious jewelry, like the necklaces and maybe the earrings, and then holding them until he paid the full standard Salamanca cut. Show a contrast between how he handles it and how Hector did. Kind of very much the soft approach, but not beating dudes just because they need to respect him, etc.

Would have made it more effective in my opinion if Lalo showed up after Nacho handled things in that manner, to show that approach isn't going to fly anymore.

Nice to see the dealer Walt took out, and also the one who Nacho beat up, counting the money. Shows him moving up over time and getting closer to where he is in Breaking Bad.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

hahaha. Are you insane Kim? They took no for an answer. Just keep taking their money.

That's very much how I would have handled that too, but I guess Kim wants to keep impressing them and is too thrilled by Saul's approach to the law to stop there. I missed the boat on a for-sure breakup between Jimmy and Kim at seasons end I think, but it feels like the Saul and Slippin' Kimmy approach can't possibly work in a corporate/banking setting long term, so while I expect them to have a nice scheme and be on top of the world that's gotta blow up at some point and probably cost Kim her job at the firm.

I actually think we're going to see a successful Saul re-opening his legal practice with the Kim relationship still in place and having new life breathed into it (but with some hints of doom on the horizon, perhaps, maybe with Saul getting tied up with Cartel stuff (possibly with Nacho), and while it's not really the tone I was expecting for a finale it's a nice contrast with the more big deal cliffhangers of the past two seasons, kind of do the optimistic "what could be on the horizon" finale instead.

I'm also reminded of Chuck saying that Jimmy had never been accused of being lazy when describing the address swap he did, and drat taking a super long bus ride to Louisiana (writing letters on the way) and back is hard work. Stuff like that makes Walt look pretty lazy in comparison.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 25, 2018

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I only just realised the point of Kim showing up with the high powered lawyers- 'this isnt a pro bono case'. Its another hint that the church is willing to drop some serious cash on fighting for dear Huell.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
This episode, god drat. I almost don't want to talk about it anymore because I feel like I won't have my footing again before I rewatch every Kim scene since season one.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Was anybody else surprised at Nacho's place of residence? Looks like some sort of nice-rear end house stocked with rooms for Salamancas and their, uh, groupies. I guess that makes perfect sense, but for some reason those were not the digs I was expecting for a low-to-mid level drug dealer from a Mexican crime family to have.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

timp posted:

Was anybody else surprised at Nacho's place of residence? Looks like some sort of nice-rear end house stocked with rooms for Salamancas and their, uh, groupies. I guess that makes perfect sense, but for some reason those were not the digs I was expecting for a low-to-mid level drug dealer from a Mexican crime family to have.
He clearly makes a lot of money and we did have that time skip of 9-10 months since the last time he appeared.

He seemed completely uninterested in the women and I’m not sure why he would let them in there though.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I got the sense that he was just bored with them. They hang out all day as kept ladies, he gives them drugs and fucks them occasionally. He's clearly gotten promoted since we last saw him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

anime was right posted:

they're gonna keep doing this poo poo, jimmy gets into some Real Crime poo poo that fucks over Kim, but she's going to enable him all the way to that point.
I kinda get the vibe that she's in prison during BB. She gets caught doing shady stuff but Jimmy somehow weasels out since she's higher profile and has higher to fall from (or she protects him). No evidence to support this, just a feeling.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

holy poo poo it's a real (fake) website
http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/
I like the attention to detail with the period-accurate email addresses on the contact page: AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I really like he foreshadowing of Lalo being all jolly and personable, meanwhile Crazy 8 is staring ahead horrified when Nacho walks into the restaurant.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
So does the construction crew know they are in Albuquerque and just not exactly where

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

timp posted:

FlamingLiberal posted:

He clearly makes a lot of money and we did have that time skip of 9-10 months since the last time he appeared.

He seemed completely uninterested in the women and I’m not sure why he would let them in there though.

do both of you realize that nacho is now a drug kingpin in ABQ and how silly the question "why does this drug dealer have a large house with women :confused:" is?

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

timp posted:

Nacho has basically likely been running the Salamanca drug operation for the entirety of the 9 month jump we had last week. He's not operating as a low-to-mid level drug dealer at the moment, he's running the show for a big drug operation.