Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Let's not make too much of a mockery of the scenario.

It's 'hanged'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fuego Fish posted:

Y'all have some weird ideas about London.

Camera's being loving everywhere and also not being monitored is very much London, thank you very much.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

WindyMan posted:

1) Buy Season 1 now or very soon at the best price possible. Have it ready to go when Season 2 comes out.
For the PC version, is there anywhere to watch for sales besides Steam? A lot of the places I usually check say not available or sold out.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Captain Cool posted:

For the PC version, is there anywhere to watch for sales besides Steam? A lot of the places I usually check say not available or sold out.

A good idea is to keep an eye on the GameDeals subreddit. There are plenty of websites where the game is on offer and sales appear to pop up twice once or twice a month.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
(Hokkaido spoilers)Eric Soders kills become a lot more hosed up once you learn that he is not actually put under. Particularly (ESPECIALLY) the (Not) Human Error kill

Is there a way to get the Surgeon outfit that isn’t the Head Surgeon or getting to level 19 and starting out in it?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

If you kill soders the surgeons will move up to the observation room iirc

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Unlucky7 posted:

(Hokkaido spoilers)Eric Soders kills become a lot more hosed up once you learn that he is not actually put under. Particularly (ESPECIALLY) the (Not) Human Error kill

Is there a way to get the Surgeon outfit that isn’t the Head Surgeon or getting to level 19 and starting out in it?

Follow the opportunity where you disguise yourself as the guy who's had facial surgery. Puts you in a room with a surgeon alone.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

John Charity Spring posted:

Follow the opportunity where you disguise yourself as the guy who's had facial surgery. Puts you in a room with a surgeon alone.
Unless I'm mistaken, one of the patches around the time of the collector's edition release turned him into a regular doctor for some reason.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

you start in the morgue and go up the stairs to the operating theatre, and then you make one of the surgeons come investigate your presence ("?" above their head), potentially by throwing stuff to lure them closer. You will probably want to KO the female surgeon who patrols the operating quarter to make life easier on yourself.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nakar posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, one of the patches around the time of the collector's edition release turned him into a regular doctor for some reason.

If we are talking about the dude who removes the bandages, then yeah he was a regular doctor.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Nakar posted:

Oh weird. Sorry for the out of date info then!

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

You'd think having played this so much I would have figured out whether the "non-person" crowds in Paris react if you do something illegal like lethally inject an elusive target. Turns out they do! Another successful yet wildly inelegant hit.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

freebooter posted:

You'd think having played this so much I would have figured out whether the "non-person" crowds in Paris react if you do something illegal like lethally inject an elusive target. Turns out they do! Another successful yet wildly inelegant hit.
They do... and they don't. Crowds in and of themselves can't notice anything, they're more like a telepathic mass consciousness that attempts to draw the attention of nearby real NPCs to your crimes. If there are no nearby NPCs, they'll freak out but it won't affect your score in any way. I tested this by killing every NPC on the map. I also tested what civilians do if they see a weapon but there are no guards on the map to report it to (nothing).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Nakar posted:

They do... and they don't. Crowds in and of themselves can't notice anything, they're more like a telepathic mass consciousness that attempts to draw the attention of nearby real NPCs to your crimes. If there are no nearby NPCs, they'll freak out but it won't affect your score in any way. I tested this by killing every NPC on the map. I also tested what civilians do if they see a weapon but there are no guards on the map to report it to (nothing).

Is it possible to use this info to more cleanly get no witnesses zeroes map genocide in, say, Marrakesh?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is it just me or is the hit box (kill box?) for falling objects rather generous? I did the current Elusive Target by dropping the speaker on the guy in the patio, and while I got the kill he was sort of walking at an angle and the thing did not quite hit him head on from the angle I was looking at.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nakar posted:

Hitman Megathread: I tested this by killing every NPC on the map

Unlucky7 posted:

Is it just me or is the hit box (kill box?) for falling objects rather generous? I did the current Elusive Target by dropping the speaker on the guy in the patio, and while I got the kill he was sort of walking at an angle and the thing did not quite hit him head on from the angle I was looking at.

This is probably intentional just because getting it to line up correctly would be difficult from that angle. Most likely it just kind of creates a magic death zone below the object as soon as you release it, which kills the NPC automatically. The rest is just animation.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Hitman Megathread: I tested this by killing every NPC on the map

This is probably intentional just because getting it to line up correctly would be difficult from that angle. Most likely it just kind of creates a magic death zone below the object as soon as you release it, which kills the NPC automatically. The rest is just animation.

Yeah, it may look weird, but if you are going to err, err in favor of the player, I suppose

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Is it possible to use this info to more cleanly get no witnesses zeroes map genocide in, say, Marrakesh?
Lure and kill all the real NPCs first and nothing can stop you with respect to the crowds, as far as I know. However, Marrakesh might not have any permanent body removal dump spots; the only unlimited-capacity area I know of are the open sewers near the consulate and they might not remove bodies like some maps do. If a map doesn't have permanent dump spots (as in, ones that unload the bodies dumped into them) your game will crash and the save will become unloadable long before you ever kill the entirety of Marrakesh without losing bonuses.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Nakar posted:

Lure and kill all the real NPCs first and nothing can stop you with respect to the crowds, as far as I know. However, Marrakesh might not have any permanent body removal dump spots; the only unlimited-capacity area I know of are the open sewers near the consulate and they might not remove bodies like some maps do. If a map doesn't have permanent dump spots (as in, ones that unload the bodies dumped into them) your game will crash and the save will become unloadable long before you ever kill the entirety of Marrakesh without losing bonuses.

Doe the wells not work?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUSCvFrWJTY

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Doe the wells not work?
Hmm. Not sure. They might. They're not exactly convenient to certain areas of the map though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

heh. loving I guess delgado's cartel lasted after his death.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

heh. loving I guess delgado's cartel lasted after his death.

Oh, more than that. A leader of the cartel is socializing at the auction in Paris- and I'm pretty sure she's one of the three targets on this mission, Andrea Martinez. We may be hitting Mabaya Mzabumi (a leader of Crystal Dawn) or Tren Po (the son of Jin Po, who is a thinly veiled Kim Jung Il). Both of them were also present for the auction.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's interesting that they're choosing to revisit one of the most hated levels in the entire series. Presumably there's a feeling of "we'll do it RIGHT this time" since at the time of Codename 47 they still hadn't really nailed down what the Hitman series actually was about yet, but still, you'd think they'd prefer to just bury any memory of that part completely.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's interesting that they're choosing to revisit one of the most hated levels in the entire series. Presumably there's a feeling of "we'll do it RIGHT this time" since at the time of Codename 47 they still hadn't really nailed down what the Hitman series actually was about yet, but still, you'd think they'd prefer to just bury any memory of that part completely.

Well, it's not the same layout or location, and from the looks of things they've got a bunch of justifications in place to let 47 more plausibly blend in as Colombian.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when's this come out again

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Well, it's not the same layout or location, and from the looks of things they've got a bunch of justifications in place to let 47 more plausibly blend in as Colombian.

That and the jungle gives them the chance to show off their new sneaking through foliage mechanics. Level looks absolutely huge - jungle, village, caves and mansion at the very least. I'm hype.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Is there a jaguar though?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Murder Weapon: HIPPO

:shepspends:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Super No Vacancy posted:

when's this come out again

next month

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Based on the leak there is a lot more than the jungle. The trailer shows a very modern mansion (probably Delgado's) and the lovely fishing village, but the leak also mentions a cave, submarine pen, drug production facility, construction site, and various in-town locations such as a backpacker hostel and a bar. No fewer than seven escape points as well. The map is also full of keys over keycards, so the lockpick gains major value now that crowbars are unpocketable. Done well, it will have tons of variety for custom contracts that isolate themselves to one or two areas, and unlike Colorado all the exits won't be along the perimeter of the map.

EDIT: The leak also mentions the next map, Mumbai, which has a single target who must be identified first and the return of optional targets in the form of two other NPCs. A sign of new contract mode options? I do wonder if the main target will be like one of the ETs with variations between restarts...

Nakar fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 1, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nakar posted:

Based on the leak there is a lot more than the jungle. The trailer shows a very modern mansion (probably Delgado's) and the lovely fishing village, but the leak also mentions a cave, submarine pen, drug production facility, construction site, and various in-town locations such as a backpacker hostel and a bar. No fewer than seven escape points as well. The map is also full of keys over keycards, so the lockpick gains major value now that crowbars are unpocketable. Done well, it will have tons of variety for custom contracts that isolate themselves to one or two areas, and unlike Colorado all the exits won't be along the perimeter of the map.

That all honestly makes it sounds like Sapienza 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nakar posted:

For some reason it makes me think of Sapienza from that description.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think you're both right. The fact there are 3 targets means the map may have Sapienza complexity and size without a large chunk of it feeling empty, assuming the targets start in various areas before gathering at the mansion which is probably central on the map.

EDIT: More leak stuff re Miami disguises and NPCs: The Sheik may be at the race as his costume is mentioned. Heidi Santoro, Jordan Cross's guitarist, is also present; perhaps she performs after the race? No mention of the drummer disguise for an impromptu reunion though. Also holy poo poo there are a lot of disguises. Dozens for 47 on every map, like Marrakesh tier multiple levels of security and occupation-specific outfits. Access permissions on some maps may be insane, and there will be much less in the way of master disguises. That said Miami does seem to have one better than the others (Kronstadt Bodyguard), but when you're in a guard disguise half the guards on the map become enforcers so civilians will be easier to pose as in public areas unless you use crowd blending aggressively.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 1, 2018

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I just bought this and started playing. Beat Paris and Sapienza and had a great time. Just beat Marrakesh and I could feel a huge drop in quality of that mission.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

blackguy32 posted:

I just bought this and started playing. Beat Paris and Sapienza and had a great time. Just beat Marrakesh and I could feel a huge drop in quality of that mission.

By all accounts Marrakesh is the least popular mission of the bunch, yeah.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kanfy posted:

By all accounts Marrakesh is the least popular mission of the bunch, yeah.

I feel there's at least as many complaints about Bangkok. Colorado gets an honourable mention. (probably not because it's bad, but because 4 targets on the same map plus a single mandatory exit is a bit of a commitment)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I feel that at least part of the Colorado dislike is because a) the hitman suit has no safe zones at all, which is a bit jarring and stress-inducing when you first start the map and b) it is far too flat. Hitman levels need at least some verticality/drainpipes to climb, and the few opportunities surrounding the small house doesn't quite cut it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel there's at least as many complaints about Bangkok. Colorado gets an honourable mention. (probably not because it's bad, but because 4 targets on the same map plus a single mandatory exit is a bit of a commitment)

For me it goes

Sapienza
Paris
Marrakesh (night)
Hokkaido
Sapienza (sunset & movie)
Every Patient Zero level
The ICA tutorial
Marrakesh (day)
Bangkok
Colorado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked all the levels to some degree (Haven’t got around to Patient Zero yet though). Though truthfully I liked Marakesh more than Bangkok and Colorado.