Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
when will people take this thread seriously
when he declared officially his candidacy in the dem primary
when he wins his first state primary or caucus
HA HA HA How Is Toxxing Real Like Just Walk Away From The Basta
lol ya'll toxxed for basta
you loving morons
View Results

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Willie Tomg posted:

it is not. things matter. words still mean things. you are still a body at some kind of computer. you're real. you matter.

this thread is fictional. that is the created narrative. none of this actually exists.

One of these is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

it is not. things matter. words still mean things. you are still a body at some kind of computer. you're real. you matter.

this thread is fictional. that is the created narrative. none of this actually exists.

are you filling in for shenji until he logs back in

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
-a

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I'd like to upgrade my bernie-toxx to a perma-bernie-toxx, thanks.

No irony for a second, Avenatti and his base-grabbing bullshit can get hosed. I'd vote for him over a republican canidate with the same enthusasm I voted Hillary over Trump.

redneck nazgul posted:

are you filling in for shenji until he logs back in

They're not wrong though.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol you voted

did you get your sticker, dork?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Willie Tomg posted:

lol turn on your monitor you brokebrained bitch

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Like sure I love sick jabs at Trump & Co as much as the next guy but to say that makes anyone president material is loving stupid.

twoday
May 4, 2005

He is really living out his mantra of, "they hit me, I hit back harder" by just owning whoever lamely insults him. It's like he's obligated to do so by contract.

But with my advanced knowledge of the Basta Code I remember from his campaign rally in Iowa that he was saying that the democrats must become a party of Davids slaying Goliaths, and my take away message is that owning people so hard constantly is not meant to be looked at in awe, it is meant to be instructional, and he wants to spend the next two years cultivating a new generation of democrats that will stomp on the necks of fascists

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Sure why not

twoday
May 4, 2005

It seems unlikely to work out that way but this is my insight into his strategy

Once again I must say that in deciphering this I do not mean to imply that I support it, just trying to explain my interpretation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont even know how to sustain a multiple day meltdown like tbis

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Al! posted:

start drinking

don’t stop

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Willie Tomg posted:

lol

imagine things matter 3 years post-escalator

lmbo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Willie Tomg posted:

you're really graspi ng at straws now but that's a good sign, u may break thru and experience basta in ur heart soon. i wish u good luck

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

read his fuckin manifesto and it's pretty much as good as bernie's policies except basta is well educated and completely averse to decorum

he's got trump's brazenness except with leftist policy and actual intelligence, attractive, and has done more to combat trump/the right in three months than dems have for as many years

he's the loving perfect candidate in this hellworld timeline and he's going to win

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Like I'm not pissed at this thread, the thread is actually cool & good & funny (my posts excluded), but I can see the ironic sentiments within being unironically held by the mainstream. Dem establishment sees that leftism is gaining popularity and will beat the establishment canidate, so Avenatti is the pocket protection; left-seeming enough to capture the liberals flirting with the concept, but functionally the same neolib bullshit we're used to with some sprinkles on top. I think if Bernie moves fast and hard it can be stopped early, especially with support, but drat if this thread isn't a great reminder how a status-quo canidate can co-op radical sentiment. The kicker is Bernie isn't even radical, just viewed as such.

Anyway that's my personal meltdown hope you enjoyed it, to learn how to write posts like these and more you can go to skillshare.com and sign up for 2 free months with code Basta.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in summary: basta

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
you a loving moron: things matter

me an enlightened basta: nothing matters

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Nov 11, 2019

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Decorum and "civility" in politics is the veneer and dressing they use to hide away all the brutal poo poo that goes on to make the sausage. It's the mad alchemy that turns innocent 16 year old Afghani farm boys into "military aged enemy combatants" and sticks their death as a figure among the worst most evil people alive who themselves were driven to their deeds by the American people threshers that destroyed their villages and towns. It's a crime upon a crime upon a crime in a never ending spiral to protect white supremacy and the western hegemony. The media is complicit at every level, so we get fabulous new euphemisms every day to protect the diseased machine, "legitimate rape" this and "officer involved shooting" that, some clunk like lead balloons and a career is ended, but most are absorbed into the lexicon, another mask to stick on a skull with a giant exit wound out the back of it.

Trump made so many GOP people anxious because of his flagrancy, but he excited millions of people raised in this sick society, he was a ghoul looking around an enormous room with every white male in the country in it to make sure it was clear and then he conspiratorially leaned over and started calling Mexicans rapists and other nations "poo poo holes", but it's okay though, we'll protect ours, we'll stop them from getting anything from guys like us! And when he won? All bets were off, all masks discarded. The GOP is going to railroad a sexual assault survivor on live television tomorrow in front of the whole loving nation, and then they're probably going to vote a despicable human being and multiple offender rapist into one of the most powerful positions in the country because this is capitalism in decay, this is fascism, and there isn't a loving debate class 101 textbook in existence that stops them from doing whatever the gently caress they want, especially if you disarm yourself and play by the rules they don't even give a gently caress about. First it'll be a breaking down of dialogue and when they determine that you're no longer being "reasonable" (i.e. rolling over and giving them everything they want) they'll just take it, first by dint of propriety and then by bodily force and violence.

This is life in the dying empire.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Al! posted:

It's the new normal

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jon Joe posted:

Like sure I love sick jabs at Trump & Co as much as the next guy but to say that makes anyone president material is loving stupid.

Counterpoint: Contemporary reality

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

I'm spending my grocery budget on bong hits this is h e a l t h f u l

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

hes an italian american with a new deal called the "real deal" idk how one could not support this man

twoday
May 4, 2005

Jon Joe posted:

I can see the ironic sentiments within being unironically held by the mainstream.

That is one reason that I embrace the style of ironic posting much maligned by the succ zone

If you base your conclusions upon what has been and what you think should be, you are Hillary Clinton and will be shocked by the true scope of bullshit that is reality

If you start working from an ironic perspective you are capable of seeing all the blshit that peoe can possibly think.

And by approaching that a bit pessimistically you realize that whatever ridiculous ironic bullshit you come up with will actually sincerely be embraced by some idiots somewhere

Thus making nihilist irony posts allows you to forsee the worst outcomes and opinions before they happen

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

I'm spending my grocery budget on bong hits this is h e a l t h f u l

:same:

twoday
May 4, 2005

IDONTPOST posted:

hes an italian american with a new deal called the "real deal" idk how one could not support this man

Perfect example

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hell yeah folks

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

That is one reason that I embrace the style of ironic posting much maligned by the succ zone

If you base your conclusions upon what has been and what you think should be, you are Hillary Clinton and will be shocked by the true scope of bullshit that is reality

If you start working from an ironic perspective you are capable of seeing all the blshit that peoe can possibly think.

And by approaching that a bit pessimistically you realize that whatever ridiculous ironic bullshit you come up with will actually sincerely be embraced by some idiots somewhere

Thus making nihilist irony posts allows you to forsee the worst outcomes and opinions before they happen

pass me the weed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

lol if you ever start from a position of "what's the most logical, sensible, humane way to handle an issue" when trying to understand someone's possible actions in Hell World

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

twoday posted:

its also nice to vent a bit in our lovely post-2016 existence.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BASTA

animist
Aug 28, 2018

ShriekingMarxist posted:

there isn't a loving debate class 101 textbook in existence that stops them from doing whatever the gently caress they want, especially if you disarm yourself and play by the rules they don't even give a gently caress about. First it'll be a breaking down of dialogue and when they determine that you're no longer being "reasonable" (i.e. rolling over and giving them everything they want) they'll just take it, first by dint of propriety and then by bodily force and violence

i;m not disarmed though. i have, a large arsenal of tweets, passed down to me by my wise mentor Michael Avenatti

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ShriekingMarxist posted:

Decorum and "civility" in politics is the veneer and dressing they use to hide away all the brutal poo poo that goes on to make the sausage. It's the mad alchemy that turns innocent 16 year old Afghani farm boys into "military aged enemy combatants" and sticks their death as a figure among the worst most evil people alive who themselves were driven to their deeds by the American people threshers that destroyed their villages and towns. It's a crime upon a crime upon a crime in a never ending spiral to protect white supremacy and the western hegemony. The media is complicit at every level, so we get fabulous new euphemisms every day to protect the diseased machine, "legitimate rape" this and "officer involved shooting" that, some clunk like lead balloons and a career is ended, but most are absorbed into the lexicon, another mask to stick on a skull with a giant exit wound out the back of it.

Trump made so many GOP people anxious because of his flagrancy, but he excited millions of people raised in this sick society, he was a ghoul looking around an enormous room with every white male in the country in it to make sure it was clear and then he conspiratorially leaned over and started calling Mexicans rapists and other nations "poo poo holes", but it's okay though, we'll protect ours, we'll stop them from getting anything from guys like us! And when he won? All bets were off, all masks discarded. The GOP is going to railroad a sexual assault survivor on live television tomorrow in front of the whole loving nation, and then they're probably going to vote a despicable human being and multiple offender rapist into one of the most powerful positions in the country because this is capitalism in decay, this is fascism, and there isn't a loving debate class 101 textbook in existence that stops them from doing whatever the gently caress they want, especially if you disarm yourself and play by the rules they don't even give a gently caress about. First it'll be a breaking down of dialogue and when they determine that you're no longer being "reasonable" (i.e. rolling over and giving them everything they want) they'll just take it, first by dint of propriety and then by bodily force and violence.

This is life in the dying empire.

jesus just when you'er thinking you're drunk and depressed, another goon posts

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Toxxng not because I like em
He’s just Goan win

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

dangerburrd posted:

He’s just Goan win

#basta

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
you're 100% right though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dangerburrd posted:

He’s just Goan win

welcome to the cool kids thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud