Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Five finger stock exploding technique

E: taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

iron man 2 but it's just tony stark in court the whole time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Combat Theory posted:

Five finger stock exploding technique

E: taxxe

huh, didn't know there were any dog minions...

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bloomberg opinion piece

quote:

Look, I don’t know what to tell you. Elon Musk publicly announced, on Aug. 7, on Twitter, that he was considering taking Tesla Inc. private at $420 per share, that he had “funding secured,” that “investor support is confirmed,” and that he had a structure that would allow all of Tesla’s public shareholders to keep their shares in a private Tesla if they wanted to. All of those statements seemed very implausible at the time, and as days went by with no confirmation or clarification, it became pretty evident that they were false. Eventually Musk admitted that he had not actually secured any financing, that investors did not support the idea, and that there was no way for retail shareholders to roll over into a private company, so he abandoned the going-private plan three weeks after announcing it. You can’t do that. You can’t announce your plans to buy a public company unless the announcement is more or less true. Even if you’re just floating the idea, and don’t mean it to be taken too seriously, investors will take it seriously. The stock went up on Musk’s announcement, and then went down when it became clear he was kidding. The people who believed Musk, and bought stock thinking it would go to $420, were deceived, and lost money. That is what we in the business tend to call “securities fraud.”

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ryde posted:

Cross posting from CDPAM. Apparently the settlement was for Musk to take a two year vacation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/teslas-musk-pulled-plug-on-settlement-with-sec-at-last-minute.html

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

then again last time that tweet got trotted out against a self owning rich white jackass November 2016 happened

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ryde posted:

Cross posting from CDPAM. Apparently the settlement was for Musk to take a two year vacation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/teslas-musk-pulled-plug-on-settlement-with-sec-at-last-minute.html

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bob dobbs is dead posted:

stock exchange

google

facebook

netflix

amazon

imagine them all shut down :bisonyes:

go talk to a nation state actor and ask 'em to literally flick a switch on their persistent malware

bring something of value, like a piss tape

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

same dude that wrote this gem right after musk tweeted the thing

quote:

Of course the SEC is looking into this. I can’t think of a thing that the SEC would look into more. If Warren Buffett was giving insider tips about accounting fraud at the Fed to Lloyd Blankfein so that he could help Donald Trump and the pope insider trade against the Illuminati, the SEC team investigating that would be scheming to get transferred to the Elon Musk team.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

beyond parody

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

truly cannot tell if he just considers himself a dog-daddy or if those names are cruelly inflicted upon humans

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

go talk to a nation state actor and ask 'em to literally flick a switch on their persistent malware

bring something of value, like a piss tape

goog and fb might actually be able to defend against apt's not too badly

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Not a Children posted:

Would being convicted impact Musk's clearance? He can't very well manage a loving space company in this Country without being cleared

ate all the Oreos posted:

i mean he might be able to, it's not like he has to actually do anything other than be the face of the company he could definitely appoint people to deal with all the secret stuff

the SEC will ban musk from serving as an officer of any company for a long, long time, whether it's a consent decree or just a judgment against him, that's a practically guaranteed outcome

musk will not be a part of anything going forward -- spacex, tesla, etc

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

"defend" ? against who? the governments paying you money to spy on users?

the APTs probably have paid, sanctioned taps on goog and fb internal nets. god knows the u.s. authorities do

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Heh

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/28/technology/facebook-hack-data-breach.html

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

truly cannot tell if he just considers himself a dog-daddy or if those names are cruelly inflicted upon humans

i guarantee you that guy has never known the warmth of a woman's touch

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Grace Baiting posted:

capitalist, own thyself

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

lol, yes, i was owned

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
"to thine own self be owned" makes me chuckle every time I see it

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

lol, yes, i was owned

:perfect:

move fast and expose access keys

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

sounds like yall ain’t respecting muskies free speech rights

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
at least he's trying!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

musk will return to twitter under the handle @fired4tweets

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

“the lawsuit” posted:

This Tweet was in response to @Gfilche who had Tweeted “Noooooo!!!!!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
260 stock bleed erryday.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Lol Elon closes his communications with “Thanks,”. wadda poser

Thanks, Elon. Thelon.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

Lol Elon closes his communications with “Thanks,”. wadda poser

Thanks, Elon. Thelon.

please, it's Felon

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

please, it's Felon

(lisps) Fanks, Elon

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
at this point he's only being sued for civil damages but who knows what the future holds

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Ad by Khad posted:

Nice chart, and furthermore I think ALL Tesla related data should be presented in the shape of a toilet flush in the future

the classic reverse toilet, where poop and pee spray all over the bathroom and in my mouth while I insist this is a good thing

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the classic reverse toilet, where poop and pee spray all over the bathroom and in my mouth while I insist this is a good thing

dsyp

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

ah, the bidet argument

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hope musk being a poo poo doesn't set EV adoption back

it will, but i hope it doesn't

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 28, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol he's hosed

the one thing on earth a rich person cannot get away with is messing with other rich people's money

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to bear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
loving the 'nuke your own settlement' angle. does he think he's gonna beat those charges? does he think that if he doesn't beat them the consequence will be less than what he had negotiated? does he think he'll be able to settle later for a better deal? did he just not think that far ahead and ignored the lawyers he has to do that for him?

wtf is going on in that addled brain i need to know.