Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

is there an outside chance that it's some insane plan to appeal to the bazinga fantasy that it's Elon against the world and therefore please give us more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

wtf is going on in that addled brain i need to know.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The settlement involved no admission of guilt but he had to stand by his principles :thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
being true to his monkeycheese maverick self. :patriot:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
luv 2 burn other people's money to save my own pride

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it'd be pretty funny if elon somehow manages to fumble his way into prison over this

mystes
May 31, 2006

mewse posted:

The settlement involved no admission of guilt but he had to stand by his principles :thunk:
His principles dictate that if he can't tweet whatever he wants whenever he wants, he must personally burn Tesla to the ground.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

akadajet posted:

it'd be pretty funny if elon somehow manages to fumble his way into prison over this

It's the dream

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

akadajet posted:

i wonder if his poor ex-wife would be able to hit him harder for child support in that case :unsmith:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

akadajet posted:

:pray:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Holy loving poo poo.

:2bong:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

loving the 'nuke your own settlement' angle. does he think he's gonna beat those charges? does he think that if he doesn't beat them the consequence will be less than what he had negotiated? does he think he'll be able to settle later for a better deal? did he just not think that far ahead and ignored the lawyers he has to do that for him?

you know how all the evidence, based on everything he's ever said to the press in any capacity, ever, and also his previous history of running businesses, suggests that he is in fact not very smart?

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that he's a guy who makes poor decisions

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

loving the 'nuke your own settlement' angle. does he think he's gonna beat those charges? does he think that if he doesn't beat them the consequence will be less than what he had negotiated? does he think he'll be able to settle later for a better deal? did he just not think that far ahead and ignored the lawyers he has to do that for him?

his ego is too huge to admit wrongdoing. he may even honestly believe he’ll win in court

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i think it also demonstrates what a wet fart tesla as a business is, that his money men haven't beaten him into submission and left him gagged in a closet until this blows over.

the stakes are pretty low.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

infernal machines posted:

i think it also demonstrates what a wet fart tesla as a business is, that his money men haven't beaten him into submission and left him gagged in a closet until this blows over.

the stakes are pretty low.

elon musk IS tesla's moneyman

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like i said, the stakes are low.

men with puns
Feb 8, 2010
Young Orc
a miserable pile of SEC writs

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

men with puns posted:

mods this needs to be the new thread title.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mrmcd posted:

mods this needs to be the new thread title.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

men with puns posted:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

men with puns posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

men with puns posted:

good username/post subject combo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

men with puns posted:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

men with puns posted:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

men with puns posted:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

the most valued trait of the modern entrepreneur is an inability to conceptualize the idea of bad consequences or failure

there is literally nothing more to this, and it is not in any way an exaggeration, it is the core of what is considered a "winner mindset"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

men with puns posted:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

men with puns posted:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Hello, I'm looking for a thread where an engineer reminisced about their experience working at TESLA. Was told it would be in YOSPOS. Anyone care to link me to the thread? Thanks.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hello, I'm looking for a thread where an engineer reminisced about their experience working at TESLA. Was told it would be in YOSPOS. Anyone care to link me to the thread? Thanks.

It was within this thread, not its own thread. Then Musk probably had him killed.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lord Stimperor posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862643&userid=20544&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Thank you kind sirs

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Lord Stimperor posted:

Thank you kind sirs

hi elon

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Thank you kind sirs

I read that if you're a cop you have to tell us so you got anything you wanna say?

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
If you're under sec investigation you have to disclose that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hey elon you suck lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i like to think that elon has likely at least read screencaps from this thread and has therefore possibly been exposed to my are posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Oh man, stop the investigation, the man has already suffered enough