Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

BAD for the decor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

WampaPartyEX posted:

Put at least one mirror next to every table so the customers have to look at themselves drinking wine in a German restaurant all meal.

Otherwise, Merkel Specials all around, DFD for Dungeon Motif.

This. 100%. I can't top that.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

malkav11 posted:

0.1 milliliter of red wine vinegar. I see they're practicing the homeopathic approach to flavoring soups here.

Also, less than a tablespoon of lentils in this "lentil soup". And a lot of these German recipes seem to call for 0.23 of an onion, which seems weirdly precise.

but half a stick of butter!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think there should be merkel themed stuff everywhere, especially the pictures. Arrange the table and chairs in the merkel diamond.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wonder if there's schweinhaxen in this game? No doubt the recipe forgets the pork.

Man I could do with one. My aorta needs some hardening.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

malkav11 posted:

Also, less than a tablespoon of lentils in this "lentil soup". And a lot of these German recipes seem to call for 0.23 of an onion, which seems weirdly precise.

That's stereotypical German precision at work here. :v:

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
DFC I don't care what you do for the decorations, we just need to RUIN this restaurant.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pictures of Michele, Armand has learned nothing.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
How about we look for pictures of Icarus instead? Maybe that will help give Armand some humility while he figures out what went wrong.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How about we look for pictures of Icarus instead? Maybe that will help give Armand some humility while he figures out what went wrong.

Armand and Humility do not belong together in the same paragraph.

DFC

Are the dinner plates all one monolithic texture? I feel like we could put Omnifood guys on there with crosses on them as Armand's bloodthirst for revenge grows.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Enchanted Hat posted:

The answer is yes, German restaurants are awesome in this game. What's more, we finally have a new restaurant with a beverage menu! And in my German restaurant, you can drink red wine, you can drink white wine or you can gently caress off.

Ah, the ACTUAL old friend we all know and love.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Pharohman777 posted:

I think there should be merkel themed stuff everywhere, especially the pictures. Arrange the table and chairs in the merkel diamond.

Seconding this.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
There's no cherry in the cherry cake

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

GirlCalledBob posted:

There's no cherry in the cherry cake

I now choose to believe all the terrible recipes were a buildup to this idiomatic pun.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
I was just going to add the Bluths to the pictures, but these ideas are much more interesting. Here are the textures for editing.

The 9-picture collage is unfortunately not one texture, so it can't be turned into one big painting.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

The 9-picture collage is unfortunately not one texture, so it can't be turned into one big painting.

How big are each of the textures then? I want to make it into a collage of the mugshots of everyone who has ever wronged Armand in any way.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Aesculus posted:

How big are each of the textures then? I want to make it into a collage of the mugshots of everyone who has ever wronged Armand in any way.

I like it! Here's the texture.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Pharohman777 posted:

YES. DF for the wall and floors, Merkel for the tables, and Merkel for the pictures. Especially the picture of Merkel right after Bush tried to give her a back rub. Oooh, and the one of her and Obama where she's sharing her beefs about the nincompoops she has to deal with in Europe.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

This episode is weird, it made decent sense. What the hell.

Anyway I'm doubling up on the Merkel theme.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
All German restaurants should look like medieval castles. Fact.

Vote: DCB

Also, put up the fencing decorations such that the interior looks like the ‘Maze of the Minotaur’.

As for future research topics.

Vote:

French appetizers
German desserts
Italian soups
American main courses

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
DFA and completely oversaturate the room with those weird mannequin things, for that maximum 'this is the dungeon where Armand will cook the bodies of his enemies' look.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Enchanted Hat posted:

If Delia divorces Armand, he should marry Klaus.

Counterpoint: no one should marry Armand.

I don't recall, was Klaus in the previous game or did they have to spontaneously materialize an "old friend" who isn't sick of Armand's bullshit by virtue of not having seen him in years?

CourValant posted:

All German restaurants should look like medieval castles. Fact.

Vote: DCB

All German restaurants should look like the Biergarten equivalent of a Cracker Barrel but this is also acceptable.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Even better: make the restaurant theme "Armand x Merkel forever".

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Wonderslug posted:

All German restaurants should look like the Biergarten equivalent of a Cracker Barrel but this is also acceptable.

I like the cut of your jibe, friend. :wave:

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Wonderslug posted:

Counterpoint: no one should marry Armand.

I don't recall, was Klaus in the previous game or did they have to spontaneously materialize an "old friend" who isn't sick of Armand's bullshit by virtue of not having seen him in years?

Klaus just appears completely out of nowhere, which is a little suspicious. But as you say, he's one of the few people Armand hasn't alienated yet.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It's because he's a figment of his imagination as the stress of his life slow starts to manifest itself in weird ways. The restaurant we're managing on his friends behalf doesn't actually exist...

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I think Klaus is now my favorite character. He tells Armand that there's nothing he could do to either his marriage or his career that wouldn't end up with him loving it up worse (true), then tricks Armand into running his restaurant by first convincing him that he needs a "vacation".

Also:

WampaPartyEX posted:

Put at least one mirror next to every table so the customers have to look at themselves drinking wine in a German restaurant all meal.

Otherwise, Merkel Specials all around, DFD for Dungeon Motif.

and I'm going to vote for French Breakfast, Italian breakfast, American Breakfast, and German breakfast, and Italian Soups for cruelty's sake.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Here you go:

I couldn't find people to fill the last two on the bottom right with so I just put the lady from the boxart and Merkel since we're going for a Merkel themed restaurant anyway.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Aesculus posted:

Here you go:

I couldn't find people to fill the last two on the bottom right with so I just put the lady from the boxart and Merkel since we're going for a Merkel themed restaurant anyway.

Is there any way we can put penciled-in devil horns on the people Armand hates and have a cheesy halo over Merkel? Because I feel like that would complete the image.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

This comes so close to being a normal breakfast, even if the bacon portion sizes are weird, but then you drown it in more than a cup of milk? I'm assuming the potato and onion are for fancy rear end hash browns. Fun fact I just learned from Wikipedia, Bintje potatoes were named "Potato of the Year" in 2012.

Research!
French main courses
American main courses
German appetizers
Italian main courses
Italian desserts

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 2, 2018

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Dr. Snark posted:

Is there any way we can put penciled-in devil horns on the people Armand hates and have a cheesy halo over Merkel? Because I feel like that would complete the image.

With the power of ten seconds in MS Paint, of course we can! (someone else can do much better than this :ssh:)

Might as well make one of the bigger portraits of Angel Merkel if we're adding halos here.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I like that you gave Bundeskanzlerin Merkel angel wings to go with the halo.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Nondevor posted:

With the power of ten seconds in MS Paint, of course we can! (someone else can do much better than this :ssh:)

Might as well make one of the bigger portraits of Angel Merkel if we're adding halos here.

No, that's the exact level of quality that I envisioned. If it looked any better it wouldn't properly display Armand's pettiness :allears:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Enchanted Hat posted:

Klaus just appears completely out of nowhere, which is a little suspicious. But as you say, he's one of the few people Armand hasn't alienated yet.

Klaus is in fact Delia's secret lover and sleeper agent.

The plan is to get Armand out of the country, so that Delia and crew can take over the 'Empire' once and for all.

I mean, did you really think she went on that trip to buy rodent-poo coffee? She was in fact meeting with Omnifood in the Seychelles to finalize plans on how best to divvy up the culinary world post-Armand.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

This comes so close to being a normal breakfast, even if the bacon portion sizes are weird, but then you drown it in more than a cup of milk? I'm assuming the potato and onion are for fancy rear end hash browns. Fun fact I just learned from Wikipedia, Bintje potatoes were named "Potato of the Year" in 2012.

Research!
French main courses
American main courses
German appetizers
Italian main courses
Italian desserts

That's also a shitload of butter for one serving.

im the meticulously measured .84 slice of bacon for real tho

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nondevor posted:

:five:

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
What are the odds at this point that box art lady even exists in the game?

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Zagglezig posted:

What are the odds at this point that box art lady even exists in the game?

About the same as the odds that the plot will suddenly swerve into a compelling critique on the nature of man before the end of the game.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Nondevor posted:

That's wonderful :allears:. Now we just need to do something with the larger paintings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The Great Frenchmen of History collection, from Gallerie Fråüdùlênt: