Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

Hmm then maybe I'm thinking of improbable lobster. I get you two confused for some reason

:canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stymie posted:

until he mysteriously reappeared perfectly fine because the story was entirely western propaganda
Is this like the opposite of the Mandela Effect?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Stymie posted:

it certainly has
if jang's execution was propaganda then it was the DPRK's own propaganda because that's where it was reported (unlike the more typical chosun ilbo report citing an unnamed intelligence source)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mystes posted:

Is this like the opposite of the Mandela Effect?

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gazpacho posted:

if jang's execution was propaganda then it was the DPRK's own propaganda because that's where it was reported (unlike the more typical chosun ilbo report citing an unnamed intelligence source)

...according to western news sources

they then appeared in actual north korean news sources as alive and well, because the west has a vested interest in making north korea look like violent, unstable savages

you may recall this also happening when it was reported kim jong un had his uncle mauled to death by dogs, ostensibly in a north korean news source (proven later to be fake)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
juche died on the way back to his home planet*

NB: i dont want stymie to die. it’s just that I wanted to use “juche” somehow.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Edit: never mind.

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 3, 2018

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

juche died on the way back to his home planet*

NB: i dont want stymie to die. it’s just that I wanted to use “juche” somehow.
This Juche Joint Jezebel is coming for your cremation.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the bloody cost? :10bux:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Peeny Cheez posted:

This Juche Joint Jezebel is coming for your cremation.

:vince:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

"juke joint?!" en esch en esches in the from the green room and just keeps en esch-ing, sliding off around the stage, bouncing against synthesizers. he en esches against your beer, spilling it big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's en esching with so much distortion you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a mic stand and falls into the mosh pit you think you hear him exclaim "KMFDM sucks!, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

You loving idiots
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/business/tesla-elon-musk-sec.html
You morons

I mean the board*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i just love that their dicks are tied to this absolute loving moron.

if he goes the stock tanks and the company is dead, also, if he stays, the stock is fine but the company is hosed from rear end in a top hat to breakfast operationally. the optimal play is let him ride the grift for as long as possible without you personally being legally responsible, but the company is completely hosed inside out either way

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm listening to Harmontown and Dan's friends on stage are asking him how come his buddy Elon is such a dumb rear end douchebag lol 56mins in if you care to hear

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Classic M-L apologetics: when all else fails, appeal to solipsism

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

KoRMaK posted:

I'm listening to Harmontown and Dan's friends on stage are asking him how come his buddy Elon is such a dumb rear end douchebag lol 56mins in if you care to hear

didn’t he claim that his autism led to his divorce

dan harmon’s i mean

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
idk why this is a topic of discussion in the Tesla dumpster fire thread but here is the announcement of jang’s trial & execution from kctv with original Korean audio, since supposedly no translation can be trusted not even one posted on the YouTube channel of a juche study group in germany. There’s no verifiable report of him appearing alive since then, which is why no evidence of any such report has been posted

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

didn’t he claim that his autism led to his divorce

dan harmon’s i mean
:same:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
*elon readies his flamethrower* come at me, you mediocre bastards...

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Gazpacho posted:

idk why this is a topic of discussion in the Tesla dumpster fire thread but here is the announcement of jang’s trial & execution from kctv with original Korean audio, since supposedly no translation can be trusted not even one posted on the YouTube channel of a juche study group in germany. There’s no verifiable report of him appearing alive since then, which is why no evidence of any such report has been posted

you sure stymied that derail

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gazpacho posted:

lol "verifiable"

as if you would accept any actual proof instead of just retreating further into your little deluded world

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho posted:

idk why this is a topic of discussion in the Tesla dumpster fire thread but

your mistake is not already having stymie on ignore

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I do but someone quoted and the quote went beyond just bad opinions so

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"the western media grotesquely misrepresents any news about north korea" isn't exactly a controversial statement, but here we are

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyhoo, back on subject: now that musk has basically avoided any consequences and things will continue unchanged, is it time to wrap up this thread?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stymie posted:

anyhoo, back on subject: now that musk has basically avoided any consequences and things will continue unchanged, is it time to wrap up this thread?

only if you wrap up your posting. you go first

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
he’s right, eli is never going to get high and say or do anything ridiculous again. seth efrican accents are no longer funny. this thread started when he made a child coffin out of rocket parts and before he commit security fraud, but now that he settled with the sec it’s back to boring business as usual for ol musky

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
except it sounds like he’s immediately violating his settlement with company board backing?

I think it might be the schadenfreude of the decade if/when he loses all of his companies at this point

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stymie posted:

we still have the q3 report and two rounds of convertible bonds coming due so there's still some more of that great content coming down the pipe

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rex-Goliath posted:

we still have the q3 report and two rounds of convertible bonds coming due so there's still some more of that great content coming down the pipe

oh boy

financial reports

truly the stuff of great comedy

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
president beep is right, the thai soccer team was rescued and musk never did or said anything funny after that. this thread should have been closed in august

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh cool so this is going to be one of those threads that obsesses about a topic to the point of embarrassment

musk truly is yospos's doobie

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

boring, predictable, tired

1/5 see me after class

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
esr is yospos’s doobie. musk is yospos’s smash mouth. try to keep up

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

musk mouth eat the fines

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
terry davis (:rip:) is probably what i should have said as the yospos doobie

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

to my knowledge, nobody here was obsessed with terry or harassed him. aside from some people arguing with him when he posted here

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’d be amazing if esr posted here

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

wouldn't he just get banned for racism or sexism

actually he'd probably just post in tfr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wouldn't he just get banned for racism or sexism

actually he'd probably just post in tfr

are you talking about doobie, davis, or esr?