Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Stymie posted:

"the western media grotesquely misrepresents any news about north korea" isn't exactly a controversial statement, but here we are

ahhahahaha

“but unlike what those western medias do aaaaaall the time, claiming that someone who was grotesquely executed by the tyrant of North Korea is still alive and well is NOT itself a grotesque misrepresentation because :dogtits:”                                                 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

you’re yourself just as bad as the twisted image of the western media you have in your head and I solemnly swear never to doubt any news report about North Korea no matter how outlandish it might sound

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
who knew that "the media sensationalizes stories and serves capital" would result in multiple meltdowns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

defending the north korean regime is like a micron away from holocaust denial dude

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

*looks up from copy of Manufacturing Consent, nods sagely*

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
of course the entirety of the suffering of the north korean people can be laid at the feet of the west for imposing such harsh and punitive sanctions, but let's entirely lose perspective that someone might be critical of the west

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
postin a stymie? that’s a paddlin

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Gazpacho posted:

on the spot guidance from dear respected chairman CEO E Rong Musk

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
of course the problem all along with elon musk is that he's an exemplar of the excesses of capitalism, but i guess he doesn't do capitalism properly so haha?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
teh juche is loose

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

why is r guyovitch posting in yospos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

creationist believer posted:

president beep is right

heck yeah!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I think the standard in the people's republic of best Korea is to say it Musk E Rong

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

*looks up from copy of Manufacturing Consent, nods sagely*

haha

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prisoner of waffles posted:

kinda wild how gun sizes work. huge difference between an AA gun and a BB gun

I saw on the news about how a plane was brought down by an AA battery and I thought man that guy must have a strong arm

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I saw on the news about how a plane was brought down by an AA battery and I thought man that guy must have a strong arm

lol x2

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

philly natives have trained their whole lives for this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

AggressivelyStupid posted:

philly natives have trained their whole lives for this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i'm the jawn thrower man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Sagebrush posted:

defending the north korean regime is like a micron away from holocaust denial dude

the holocaust was what we did to them dipshit

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
some spicy takes in the 'pos today

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the holocaust was what we did to them dipshit

Every government on earth and the United Nations as a whole are in agreement that the North Korean regime is the most repressive in the world, the worst for human rights abuses and journalistic freedom

arguing "actually, every country on earth is lying together, and the North Korean government is cool and good and truthful" is conspiracy theorism

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

arguing "actually, every country on earth is lying together, and the North Korean government is cool and good and truthful" is just what stymie does and you should put him on ignore already

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
it’s the old LF game — DPRK isn’t a good country and has some legit grievances against it, but there’s also a lot of the pot calling the kettle black and various state media’s spewing out their propaganda against each other

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gee, this awful country we literally created sure is a bad place

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
hmm, this sounds like a good time to bring up my pet theory, "dropping the a-bombs on japan cannot be justified by the most common historical argument used by americans, but may have been a good thing for the world given how it lead to unconditional surrender rather than joint us/soviet occupation (which probably would have lead to partition and lols) of japan (compare to korea)"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

gee, this awful country we literally created sure is a bad place

which one?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:gas:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Sagebrush posted:

Every government on earth and the United Nations as a whole are in agreement that the North Korean regime is the most repressive in the world, the worst for human rights abuses and journalistic freedom

arguing "actually, every country on earth is lying together, and the North Korean government is cool and good and truthful" is conspiracy theorism

lmbo yes please disregard that the people often claimed by western outlets to be murdered by dogs or shot with AA cannons show up weeks later, alive and well, and those pesky details are never acknowledged. or that a tiny nation has been living under extreme sanctions for 60+years after a 3 year bombing and biological weapons campaign with the express goal of killing everyone and destroying any structure larger than an outhouse

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
pull up thread

there are 45 days worth of shenanigans possible while $tsla figures out its new chairman

the new chairman will have to deal with dear leader musk e rong

and the company has lots of exciting new challenges (to fail at)

e: the thread became super exuberant and more chatty / tolerant of going off topic when it hit twitter. we don't need it to disintegrate entirely tho

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
stymie doesn't have a dog tits avatar for a few days and hell breaks lose

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:yeah:

bets that new chairman will suspend operations pending a thorough de-fuckulating of the way they do business, which will not actually finish before htey run out of money and send everyone home

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Stymie posted:

of course the entirety of the suffering of the north korean people can be laid at the feet of the west for imposing such harsh and punitive sanctions, but let's entirely lose perspective that someone might be critical of the west

ahhahahaha

if the Chinese regime felt even an ounce of empathy for the suffering of their fellow Asians next door, they could put a stop to the North Korean regime today, but do they? no, and that the regime next door makes their own regime look squeaky clean in comparison must be just a happy coincidence

but noooo, obviously the suffering of the North Koreans is all due to the western world not breaking their principles and choosing to do business with tyrants ...

to see stymie advocate unfettered capitalism as the answer to easing the suffering of the people living under dictatorships is truly something else

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

:yeah:

bets that new chairman will suspend operations pending a thorough de-fuckulating of the way they do business, which will not actually finish before htey run out of money and send everyone home

lmao. no way. no loving way will elon "the muskman" muskovich sign off on that

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lmbo yes please disregard that the people often claimed by western outlets to be murdered by dogs or shot with AA cannons show up weeks later, alive and well, and those pesky details are never acknowledged.

look, this particular conspiracy theory was already debunked couple of pages ago in this thread. it’s just not true, please try to keep up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no one cares you dipshits. take it to LF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

infernal machines posted:

no one cares you dipshits. take it to LF

this isn't the thread for it but tbh this is way better to read than the 400th "grahms weed" joke