Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Millenials are killing avocados by driving them to extinction in their insatiable avocado-lust

the "gangway, ladies" part was the best part though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

heternal award lmao.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Death giving the thumbs up is the best.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

It's not even a little off.

Yeah nah that Eichhoff is full of poo poo and literally 0% of people listening to the speech would have even considered the possibility that Kennedy was claiming to be a literal occupant of Berlin had he said "Ich bin Berliner".

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Heavenly Body"

I'm not sure this can be topped.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:same:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

seiferguy posted:

Death giving the thumbs up is the best.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zero_Grade posted:

Also I thought us millenials ate nothing but avocados but somehow we're still killing them. :confused:

Once you eat them, they’re no longer alive. Checkmate liberal.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Death's blood drops matching his tears. Sublime.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Where's the statue of liberty though?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jurgan posted:

And then you never get invited to a press conference again. Which might be worth it if you were exposing something important, but losing your access just to humiliate the president is childish self-promotion. No wonder Rall likes the idea.

There's also a very good chance the press outlet would sue the poo poo out of you for costing them their oh so precious WH credentials. Also, you'd never get work anywhere other than some lovely blog.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Flipperwaldt posted:

Where's the statue of liberty though?

I'm a little sad he didn't find a way to include dead Sally Field or a "The End" reference.

1 :qq:

A large part of me hopes he abuses the poo poo out of this thing, sending "alerts" about Hillary, victimized rich white guys, and WITCH HUNT! right before an election.

Duterte: "My only sin is the extra-judicial killings"

I dunno..that architecture actually looks pretty decent for a Rall.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I take it back.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

This is thoroughly, thoroughly creepy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just read the last thirty or so pages, drat, these cartoonists are reallly frothing mad that their rapey boy is put into question, aren't they, delicious.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
All right wing cartoonists are rapists

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Strange how all of us forgot to falsely accuse Neil Gorsuch of sexual assault even though his political beliefs are just as lovely as Kavanaugh.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I don't understand this format, is this a yearbook thing? What do the numbers mean?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Strange how all of us forgot to falsely accuse Neil Gorsuch of sexual assault even though his political beliefs are just as lovely as Kavanaugh.

I’ve heard this argument, but I’m not sure it works because of timing. There was no way we were going to hold Garland’s seat open for two years, but a failed Kavanaugh nomination could prevent Trump from getting a replacement through before the mid-terms.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: “How DARE you lowly mortals question Donald Trump’s nomination of the Living God Brett Kavanaugh!”

Kinda letting your hand show a bit too much that you crave authoritarianism rule over any sort of democratic procedure, Bok, you dumb fucker

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

All right wing cartoonists are rapists

Can't :emptyquote: this hard enough.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, you could literally translate it as "I am a Berliner," but the way an actual German would say they were from Berlin would be "Ich bin Berliner." Adding the article changes the context in a way that wouldn't be obvious to a non-native speaker, but he did erroneously say he was a jam donut.
No, he didn't. "Ich bin Berliner" means "I am from Berlin", and not "I am a Berliner". Which JFK was not, and was not the point of what he was saying. He was saying the literal phrase "I am a Berliner", because that was the message he was intending to communicate, of solidarity with these people, not just saying it only matters to people from there.

To go back to the example I had before, it would be like if, following 9/11, George Bush claimed he was born in New York. Sure, someone who was born in New York might say that, and it might lessen ambiguity if you happened to think that he was claiming to be a magazine, but it sounds stupid as gently caress, is a lie, and doesn't in the slightest communicate a message of solidarity.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

No, he didn't. "Ich bin Berliner" means "I am from Berlin", and not "I am a Berliner". Which JFK was not, and was not the point of what he was saying. He was saying the literal phrase "I am a Berliner", because that was the message he was intending to communicate, of solidarity with these people, not just saying it only matters to people from there.

To go back to the example I had before, it would be like if, following 9/11, George Bush claimed he was born in New York. Sure, someone who was born in New York might say that, and it might lessen ambiguity if you happened to think that he was claiming to be a magazine, but it sounds stupid as gently caress, is a lie, and doesn't in the slightest communicate a message of solidarity.

The larger point is that no one was confused by what JFK was saying. All the rest is just linguistic hair-splitting.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

The larger point is that no one was confused by what JFK was saying. All the rest is just linguistic hair-splitting.
But my high school German teacher said otherwise, and that matters more than any of your so-called "facts".

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

The evidence is beginning to point toward a fact about Christine Ford: She’s a liar who perjured herself. If there is any justice in the world, she’ll be locked up for her perjury—especially when an innocent man’s reputation was dragged through the muck.

One of Ford’s many former boyfriends came forward with sworn testimony that she did indeed instruct an FBI candidate in deep detail about how to take a polygraph test—contrary to what she told the Senate Judiciary Committee. Forget that it’s unethical to instruct candidates in ways to beat the polygraph. The real bombshell is she insisted to Congress that she ‘never’ instructed anyone.

The boyfriend also contradicted her claim of ‘fear of flying’ when in fact, he once flew with her in Hawaii in a single-engine plane. During their time together Ford never mentioned Kavanaugh.

Even her ‘problem’ glasses seem fake. I think they’re a prop. She was always looking over them and seemed uncomfortable wearing the smudgy things. She’s a psychologist and probably thought wearing them would garner her more sympathy and perhaps make her look more intellectual and credible.

She’s not credible. All signs point to the reason for her lies: She’s far left, pro-abortion, she donated to Hillary Clinton, and she happened to go to high school at the same time of Brett Kavanaugh and saw an opportunity. To her, the end justified her lying means.

Time to vote Kavanaugh in as a Supreme Court Justice and park Ford in prison.

—Ben Garrison

Kirschen posted:

I think that the non-stop media attacks on the President are going to give him a win in the upcoming mid-term elections.

Stiglich posted:

Senator Blumenthal has high standards for honesty and integrity for everyone but himself.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Even Garrison can't make Kavanaugh look sympathetic.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Even Garrison can't make Kavanaugh look sympathetic.

Is he the first one to attack Ford directly, rather than focus on the Democrats supposedly exploiting her?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jurgan posted:

Is he the first one to attack Ford directly, rather than focus on the Democrats supposedly exploiting her?

No but I love how conservatives have straight up weaponized the symbol for female. Being female is now something actively opposed to their agenda and they know it

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

I can't remember FBI doing anything back in '09 so I guess it's just generic 'government = bad'. No comment about the other plot.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ben Garrison posted:

The boyfriend also contradicted her claim of ‘fear of flying’ when in fact, he once flew with her in Hawaii in a single-engine plane.

ahahahahahahahaha

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I am honestly shocked this isn't in poorer taste.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

I am honestly shocked this isn't in poorer taste.

Yeah, he should have dressed her as a prostitute.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That Garrison rant has got to break some kind of record for straw grasping. She flew on an airplane! She donated to Killary!!! SHE WEARS GLASSES :byodood:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

throw to first drat IT posted:

I can't remember FBI doing anything back in '09 so I guess it's just generic 'government = bad'. No comment about the other plot.
:allears: this coming from the fanboy of the bush admin that let 9/11 happen. It's amazing how that got pigeonholed into not being the GOP's fault.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like that Garrison stuck in that "One of many boyfriends" remark. Really keeping it classy.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

throw to first drat IT posted:

I think this was around when conservatives were flipping out about Obama not equating Islam and terrorism. I remember there was Republican outrage about how he wasn't calling terrorists Muslim extremists or something stupid along those lines.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have to wonder if the airplane thing is just a lame gotcha, or if they genuinely think that it's literally impossible to do something that you're afraid of. Like they think that having courage means not being afraid of anything, rather than being afraid of something and doing it anyway. It would certainly fit in with the machismo and posturing of the right.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Xander77 posted:

But my high school German teacher said otherwise, and that matters more than any of your so-called "facts".

You (and the rest of the derail posters) forgot rule 1 - ignore everything Fulcrum emits. He wouldn't recognise a joke if it ran up and bit him on the arse after screaming "I'm a joke!" at the top of it's lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

That Benghazi panel is pretty perfect.