Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Bullshit it won't.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
he probably has (or will have) hosed up kidneys and liver from the massive/rapid weight changes

edit: consuming 24 000 calories for the troops lol

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I wonder if method actors seesawing weight or action stars doing WWE level steroid routines are taking more years off.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats one of the few instances that i feel truly thanked for my service

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Tollymain posted:

friend/its complicated of mine from bc said a while back that theres always been a vein of fascism under the veneer of respectability there. among other things, the rcmp are at least as virulently racist and out of control as american cops but w the powers of the nat guard, and apparently their cdc equivalent can just take away your civil rights and outright disappear you if you've got the wrong disease

Tollymain posted:

oh yeah he also said in the same conversation there are some regions in bc you do not want to get lost, tribes being one of the biggest reasons

but also like, crazy survivalists, white supremacist communities, iirc a heavily armed mormon cult town that is now a two mormon cults town,

says at least if you take a wrong turn onto tribe land theyre only liable to beat the poo poo out of you and rob you

The secret to passing through a Reservation/IR area is, not surprisingly, don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Seriously, don't talk about 'tribe' bullshit and don't be a wiener and you'll be just fine. If you were quoting your friend's use of the word, no wonder they are at risk of being beaten, it's loving offensive.

The bit about the RCMP is fairly accurate, although a tad bit of a generalization. Some detachments are far worse than others.

The religious towns exist, but they don't pose a problem to the average person passing through. Mostly they just want to be left alone to do their weird and occasionally illegal things like marrying children.

The 'white supremacist communities' exist in the sense that those kind of people cluster together and you notice them more than you would the more balanced folks in the neighbourhood. Of course, the old racial divide never really went away, so casual racism is still alive and well and folks won't really be aware of it.

And if you've stumbled upon the crazy survivalist, odds are really good that you hosed up along the way and were so horrible lost in deep bush you were gonna die anyways, so, adhere to the principle of "Don't be a dick", and don't give them any reason to think you are trying to steal their poo poo, and you have better odds of them helping you get back to a logging road at the least.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I work with native people a lot and they're all good guys to work with but they just don't give a gently caress about anything cause they've been lied to and seen as trash by a lot of people. Every community has it's share of crazies, native's included. Most of my co-workers poo poo all over them and treat them like children and then wonder why they act like assholes back. I've literally never had a problem with them except having to tell a few guys multiple times what to do when they know exactly what they should be doing, but that's an attitude problem, not a native one.

I've never had to deal with RCMP so I dunno what they're like at all.

This is also only reserves in southern Ontario, never been to any anywhere else in the country.

edit: I hear Manitoba is pretty bad for native violence but from what I hear it's because they kinda keep them in a ghetto like cities in america do with black people

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So I'm going to turn off my phone for half an hour to keep Donnie from hijacking it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

thats one of the few instances that i feel truly thanked for my service

leaking oil out my butthole for 18 hours for the troops o7

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I work with native people a lot and they're all good guys to work with but they just don't give a gently caress about anything cause they've been lied to and seen as trash by a lot of people. Every community has it's share of crazies, native's included. Most of my co-workers poo poo all over them and treat them like children and then wonder why they act like assholes back. I've literally never had a problem with them except having to tell a few guys multiple times what to do when they know exactly what they should be doing, but that's an attitude problem, not a native one.

I've never had to deal with RCMP so I dunno what they're like at all.

This is also only reserves in southern Ontario, never been to any anywhere else in the country.

edit: I hear Manitoba is pretty bad for native violence but from what I hear it's because they kinda keep them in a ghetto like cities in america do with black people

Some members of the RCMP are great, but there are a lot of shitbirds. They do have that veneer of respectability that covers up their lovely behavior. It's like an open secret. If you're white and well off, then they are your "friends". If you aren't, tough poo poo.

Manitoba is it's own kettle of fish, it's a mess.

I'm native enough that the government feels obligated to offer special treatment options to me, but white enough to pass as a plain ole Johnny Canuck, so I get to hear some really nasty poo poo coming out of peoples mouths when they think they are among other whites who share the same views.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i wont talk poo poo about it because his work in there will be blood was incredible, seriously was blown away by his character in there

That was Daniel Day Lewis :ssh:

But, yeah Bale is great and having Rockwell in this also makes it pretty much instant watch. Great cast all over.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That Works posted:

That's what you think. That's just how good Christian Bale acts.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

That Works posted:

But, yeah Bale is great and having Rockwell in this also makes it pretty much instant watch. Great cast all over.

ah crap youre right

hes rad too

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Daniel Day Lewis retired after his last movie, something about a seamster I never watched.

Still amazing in everything he did.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Daniel Day Lewis retired after his last movie, something about a seamster I never watched.

Still amazing in everything he did.

Doesn't he retire after every movie he does for like 3 years

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

So I'm going to turn off my phone for half an hour to keep Donnie from hijacking it.

ugh when is this poo poo supposed to happen?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

1:18 Central. Leaving it off for half an hour should do it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

2:18 EST

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Guys don't get yourself in trouble if you attempt to reply tia

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guys don't get yourself in trouble if you attempt to reply tia

I don’t think you can. I think it’s coming across like a amber or weather alert that won’t shut up for half an hour.

e

WTF is wrong with us

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-adelanto-oig-20181002-story.html

quote:

When federal officials arrived in May of this year for a surprise inspection of the privately run immigration detention facility, they found nooses made from bedsheets in 15 of 20 cells.

“When we asked two contract guards who oversaw the housing units why they did not remove the bedsheets, they echoed it was not a high priority,”

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 3, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As Nero Danced posted:

This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm brown (actually white, but that one native ancestor's skintone is still hanging in there) I could probably get away with it. I don't want to go up there and find out though. For all the talk about Canadians being nice the few I've met scared the poo poo out of me (that's where I learned about the first nations thing).

do you have the walk tho? v important

also im not like, negatively disposed to natives beating the poo poo out of white people lmao just to be clear

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-gardens-cop-roland-clarke-who-locked-darren-rainey-in-shower-keeps-having-sex-on-duty-10767249

aight gently caress this guy

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 3, 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

My body is ready for this historic event. I hope it contains the word colusion.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

My body is ready for this historic event. I hope it contains the word colusion.
Supposedly it will just be a standard test message, but gently caress him, I'm not even letting him have that much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Has the fat bastard made the tweet yet?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has the fat bastard made the tweet yet?
8 minutes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good, enough time to turn off alerts.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
My understanding is that FEMA sends the message and bone spurs doesn’t have the ability to just take out his phone and spam WITCH HUNT to the entire country at 2am. After that poo poo in Hawaii I guess earlier this year (gently caress it feels like a decade ago) they’ve got this poo poo locked down pretty tight

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

crazyivan45 posted:

My understanding is that FEMA sends the message and bone spurs doesn’t have the ability to just take out his phone and spam WITCH HUNT to the entire country at 2am. After that poo poo in Hawaii I guess earlier this year (gently caress it feels like a decade ago) they’ve got this poo poo locked down pretty tight

During the cold war at least supposedly the president could send such a message whenever he wanted.

I think we're fine so long as its not an app on Trump's phone though.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I think we're fine so long as its not an app on Trump's phone though.

:yooge: I want you all to know about the record low unemployment numbers for Hispanics and blacks

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just got a test of the presidential alert system.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Christ, it overrides turning off alerts.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Well that was annoying

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
At least it didn’t override my phone being on silent. gently caress, he’s going to abuse the poo poo out of this isn’t he? Of course he is

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

No collusion, lock her up!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is a Presidential Alert: We must fund wall!

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I didn't get it :smith:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I didn't get it either. Maybe Google Fi didn't want to participate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nick Soapdish posted:

:yooge: I want you all to know about the record low unemployment numbers for Hispanics and blacks

:yooge: Folks I could have had Cheryl Teagues in 1987 but I told her she was no good. No good, folks!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i didn't get one in NZ, this is horseshit

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Same time it hit, TV started blowing up the EAS test, referencing this stupid thing.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

i didn't get one in NZ, this is horseshit

Your passenger pigeon is on its way....

Its not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Huge let down. He could have announced The Purge.

• Locked thread