Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.brettkavanaugh.beer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

yOu FoRgOt ThE sPoOkY sNiPe

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Looks like it's time to probate yourself

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not my dumb rule

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EBB posted:

not my dumb rule

I got you, fam.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

psydude posted:

Back in the days when Senators weren't full time and didn't have staffs numbering in the hundreds, the cloture vote was basically a vote to begin debate on the topic for the first time.

These days it's a formality.

Fake e: Ugh, the Uber driver is listening to conservative talk radio about why Ford is a lying.

They've been cutting funding to staffing for a while, part of why (apart from simple corruption) Congress people rely on think tanks and lobbyists to inform them about stuff. Average senator has a staff if six, average represtative has a staff of five.

Committees have a lot more, average of 68 for house committees and 46 for senate.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Trump reportedly got confused watching Fox News and thought North Korea was launching nukes

Stable Genius

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

They've been cutting funding to staffing for a while, part of why (apart from simple corruption) Congress people rely on think tanks and lobbyists to inform them about stuff. Average senator has a staff if six, average represtative has a staff of five.

Committees have a lot more, average of 68 for house committees and 46 for senate.

I was including their constituent services/regional offices staff as well. But you make a good point about the effect that reducing congressional staff has had.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Would it really matter with them being so thoroughly bought and sold

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress you Manchin.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'll have you know I'm posting from my four-story-fall off the balcony because my brain can't parse this

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I want to jam a sock ball down the throat of whomever wrote that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol he's the president from Austin Powers

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
What is this, a nuclear strike for ants?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I wonder how much Trump talks back to the direct messaging in Fox and friends?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1048259149388238848

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I hope his daughter never forgives him and ends up on the pole for that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I hope his daughter never forgives him and ends up on the pole for that.
Sorry honey. Further loving up the world was more important than you. Eat poo poo and die.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why cant he just send his thoughts and prayers via private jet?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Sorry honey. Further loving up the world was more important than you. Eat poo poo and die.

Sorry honey, I care more about the career of a serial rapist and making sure he gets what is "owed" to him by society.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

EBB posted:

Sorry honey, I care more about the career of a serial rapist and making sure he gets what is "owed" to him by society.

Hey, daughter of mine, I'd really like to attend your wedding and all but I have to make sure I can put someone in power that will remove your bodily autonomy. I know you understand right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Because I like talking politics, we are gonna talk about Andrew Gillum, dem candidate for governor of florida. He is one of those guys at the front of the incoming blue wave.

Florida is a bastion of good thunk and florida mans, but I am happy with the polling for this guy.

I am excited for this guy mainly because I don't see too many people taking a stance on criminal reform. Cons though is pretty much isreal.

Here are his issues
https://andrewgillum.com/issues/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casimir Radon posted:

I remember the taxi ride from Keesler to the airport. The guy had insane right wing talk radio on, and whoever it was insisted that soon to be president-elect Obama was a Manchurian Candidate. I just let it go because I didn't want to get dumped out in some bad part of Gulfport. Now there really is a Manchurian Candidate and they couldn't love him more.

Boy if you think they're insufferable now wait until the confirmation. They're going to go bananas. My extremely conservative mom was on the phone with my likewise dad and was mocking the women of the senate for feeling bad for "that poor woman". It's really hard to nail the tone, but I think you get what I'm going for.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

psydude posted:

No, just that he likes to party hard.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Hedonistic rocker Andrew W.K held a press conference today to address accusations that his stage persona may be a “gimmick,” releasing his personal calendar archives as evidence that he was, in fact, at every single party in 1982.

“Any claims that I have not been loving poo poo up my whole life are part of a calculated hit,” shouted a visibly upset W.K, flipping through a heavily annotated SMURFS calendar found in his parents’ basement. “I partied my tail off to be here — whether a birthday party, a wedding, or even a tea party, I was there.”

Much like good pets, this world isn't good enough for Mr. WK.

e:

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I wonder how much Trump talks back to the direct messaging in Fox and friends?

Probably a lot. My dad argues with the TV.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

I hate this with my entire being

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Third World Reggin posted:

Because I like talking politics, we are gonna talk about Andrew Gillum, dem candidate for governor of florida. He is one of those guys at the front of the incoming blue wave.

Florida is a bastion of good thunk and florida mans, but I am happy with the polling for this guy.

I am excited for this guy mainly because I don't see too many people taking a stance on criminal reform. Cons though is pretty much isreal.

Here are his issues
https://andrewgillum.com/issues/

He has some issues though:

IIRC the city government and mayor's office were under investigation for the past few years. Not sure how much, if any, will cling to him but I am surprised I haven't seen anything about it in the attack ads I've seen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nystral posted:

He has some issues though:

IIRC the city government and mayor's office were under investigation for the past few years. Not sure how much, if any, will cling to him but I am surprised I haven't seen anything about it in the attack ads I've seen.

Its because they were under investigation for an actual corrupt and bad actor that lied his way into his position. Gillum had nothing to do with any of the grift that’s being investigated and has cut ties with the people who caused it.

Further, this was an FBI undercover investigation which has all of the similar hallmarks of their convince someone they need to bomb something then arrest them type investigation except with white collar corruption.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
News out of Chicago

That police officer was found guilty of second degree murder, 16 counts of aggravated battery with a firearm, and not guilty of official misconduct.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
You should be more worried that after winning the Dem nomination Gillum went sprinting back rightward and started talking about 'access to affordable healthcare' and taking big Dem donor money

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You should be more worried that after winning the Dem nomination Gillum went sprinting back rightward and started talking about 'access to affordable healthcare' and taking big Dem donor money

Jeez, we might as well just let the Republicans win then.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Syrian Lannister posted:

News out of Chicago

That police officer was found guilty of second degree murder, 16 counts of aggravated battery with a firearm, and not guilty of official misconduct.

Good, good, and lol of course not b/c murdering black people is basically department policy

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Collins on tv explaining why she's a yes (unless I missed something, I only caught part of it )

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

Collins on tv explaining why she's a yes (unless I missed something, I only caught part of it )

Yeah she's been basically defending him for 20 minutes now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
At what point is someone going to blow up their instagram and admit that their bosses are lizard people extorting and threatening them? I thought Omerosa was gonna be the one...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sarah Palin is on Twitter basically telling Murkowski that she's going to primary her. Right....

The momentum is years gone, your family has been fully exposed as the dumbfuck dirty white trash that they are, and it hasn't even been a week since your son committed a domestic assault. Right...

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

Sarah Palin is on Twitter basically telling Murkowski that she's going to primary her. Right....

The momentum is years gone, your family has been fully exposed as the dumbfuck dirty white trash that they are, and it hasn't even been a week since your son committed a domestic assault. Right...

And Alaskans loving hate her for making them a laughingstock on the national stage.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

And Alaskans loving hate her for making them a laughingstock on the national stage.
On that note it looks like Track is getting a year in custody for his actions. It'll probably be in some bullshit half-way house, and he'll probably still weasel out of a Lautenberg Ammendment worthy charge.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I actually can't handle watching or following this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

I actually can't handle watching or following this.

This is the escapism that's been working for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2huQB-DmE

A soothing world of slow fiddlin', echoing with the stentorian tones of Sam Watterston and Morgan Freeman and where the cost of stupid jingoism is 25% of the white male population

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 5, 2018

• Locked thread