Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
A good rule is the more united an area of the map looks like, the less likely the person who drew it lived there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Atlanta and the strip of cities between it and durham would probably be there own sovereign.

But there are a ton of people I remember from the Carolina's who were all hard up for dukes of hazard and treason flag trucks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its time for connecticut to take back whats theirs

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Hexyflexy posted:

Casimir Radon posted:

All Republican politicians are worthless cowards.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fixed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Vasudus posted:

The problem with the balkanization idea is that most of the differences between people that would lead to such a thing are based on ideology. It's not "the north vs. the south" or "this semi-autonomus region vs. the rest" it's cities vs. everywhere else. It would be such a clusterfuck.

The I95 corridor would have to be one long dick shaped country with hostile neighbors to the west and sometimes east (until Richmond at least)

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its time for connecticut to take back whats theirs

You know what Connecticut, go ahead, take Cleveland. Maybe you can figure out something to do with it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The map that showed most accurately was the one where Desseret/Utah consumed half of Arizona.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

M_Gargantua posted:

All accurate Balkanizations must have some form of "Confederacy of Dixie" because you know those idiots would jump at the opportunity to go full chud.

It'll be fun to see them think they get Mississippi this time then realize the ~30-40% white population gets sat the gently caress down.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Which states become the Burger King Burger Zone?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Civil War 2 would just be violence in every office, neighborhood, town, etc. As many people have said, it's not geographic. The guy who has opposing ideological beliefs lives next door, and there are 30 more in a two block radius.

Have you been to any of the major cities in the south recently? Atlanta for instance is pretty dramatically anti chud.

Atlanta has had a Democratic mayor for the past 50 years and they're blue as gently caress. State is red but Atlanta is blue.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Atlanta suburbs are not blue at all though

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think the real thing that will happen is irish-style troubles, with assassinations and car bombs and stuff

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

now with drones!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

USSA should be UUAA, United Unemployed Autoworkers of America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes_Megalopolis#Economy

:thunk:

hot take: the Great Lakes region is the place to be when factoring in climate change and scarcity of fresh water in the world.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 6, 2018

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i think the real thing that will happen is irish-style troubles, with assassinations and car bombs and stuff

:same:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Atlanta suburbs are not blue at all though

No that's where the rich white "totally not racist but still look fondly upon the *good old days*" live. You could scorch the suburbs of Atlanta to the ground and I would not shed a single tear.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

This is pretty much it if we ever get to that point but if we haven't already gotten there, I am not sure we ever will without it getting much, much worse.

This is a dick thing of me to say, but if someones solution to child jails and child deportations is to protest and wait for the next election then they approve of the system we have that allows for this kinda horrible poo poo.

I only know of one place that has done a reboot on their system and it was a mexican town plagued with political and police corruption as well as gangs.

They kicked out all of the politicians and police from the town, set up a militia border check, and started from the ground up.

We will probably never even get to that without it getting much, much worse.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Third World Reggin posted:

This is pretty much it if we ever get to that point but if we haven't already gotten there, I am not sure we ever will without it getting much, much worse.

This is a dick thing of me to say, but if someones solution to child jails and child deportations is to protest and wait for the next election then they approve of the system we have that allows for this kinda horrible poo poo.

I only know of one place that has done a reboot on their system and it was a mexican town plagued with political and police corruption as well as gangs.

They kicked out all of the politicians and police from the town, set up a militia border check, and started from the ground up.

It's all pissing in to a hurricane anyway when climate change hits the big old reset button on civilization as it exists today.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

hot take: the Great Lakes region is the place to be when factoring in climate change and scarcity of fresh water in the world.

I look at that map off to the right and i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-iZgkkGuME

America is an irradiated wasteland.
Within it lies a city. Outside the boundary walls, a desert.
A cursed earth.

Inside the walls, a cursed city, stretching from Boston to Washington D.C.
An unbroken concrete landscape. 800 million people living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one.
Mega blocks. Mega highways. Mega City One.
Convulsing.

Choking.

Breaking under its own weight.

Citizens in fear of the street. The gun. The gang.

Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos: the men and women of the Hall of Justice. Juries. Executioners. Judges.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Third World Reggin posted:

This is from a few years back, but if you mix diesel fuel in equal parts with kerosene and motor oil (1:1:1) it makes something called Vegan Barbecue Sauce. Supposedly it burns hot enough to collapse most structure frames and the fumes are toxic enough that the fire department won't touch it.

I've never seen it personally, but it's supposed to burn a car to it's core in 15 mins flat.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://i.imgur.com/z2h0TjZ.gifv
We still sharing maps???

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Would rather die of thirst or sea level rise.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There are far too many people in this country who are absolute lost causes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

orange juche posted:

No that's where the rich white "totally not racist but still look fondly upon the *good old days*" live. You could scorch the suburbs of Atlanta to the ground and I would not shed a single tear.

It almost worked the last time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just recreate the march to the sea, but when you hit 285, split and go around the city core, because the people inside the perimeter are ok. Just about everything outside the perimeter would have to go though.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 6, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Man you know some lovely people outside the perimeter. Most of the people I know OTP are antichud so don't burn their houses down please :ohdear:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sure but when do the Super Mutants show up

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BigDave posted:

This is from a few years back, but if you mix diesel fuel in equal parts with kerosene and motor oil (1:1:1) it makes something called Vegan Barbecue Sauce. Supposedly it burns hot enough to collapse most structure frames and the fumes are toxic enough that the fire department won't touch it.

I've never seen it personally, but it's supposed to burn a car to it's core in 15 mins flat.

What is the process that allows those to become a trinary superchemical? You'd think it would have more uses than the one listed.

e: or did I get snookered by a "source your quote" post?

ee: VVVV yep, recreating crude without the bunker oil. The viscosity of oil will help with sticking to vertical surfaces, diesel's longer burn time will help with getting surrounding flammable material to ignite, and kerosene will make the initial ignition easier. (But mixing them all together will make each's advantage less effective)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 6, 2018

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

joat mon posted:

What is the process that allows those to become a trinary superchemical? You'd think it would have more uses than the one listed.

Yeah I was gonna say, I'm no chemist but that sounds like complete bullshit. Aren't they all distilled from crude oil?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Here I'll do it: "It's what they use to fuel airplanes"

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

Would rather die of thirst or sea level rise.

why, there's great cities and tons of natural beauty + a massive chunk of the economy. (and fresh water lol)

who needs NYC?

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 6, 2018

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The future is gonna be wild in the west when fresh water sources start running real dry. Gonna get some fireworks when California, Nevada, Arizona, and Mexico start fighting over water rights.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

orange juche posted:

There are pockets in Buckhead where the absurdly rich white folk live that probably need to be razed just to make sure Atlanta's succession from Chudland goes smoothly, sorry grandad.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

why, there's great cities and tons of natural beauty + a massive chunk of the economy. (and fresh water lol)

I can't do the saccharine facade and moral certitude of the Midwest. At least on the coasts we freely acknowledge we're all terrible people.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Are you lumping in bible belt Missouri/Kansas or rural Iowa with the urbanized great lakes region? I don't understand.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

Are you lumping in bible belt Missouri/Kansas or rural Iowa with the urbanized great lakes region? I don't understand.

I work with a lot of automotive manufacturers and T1 parts suppliers, so a lot of rural Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Each trip usually includes an unprovoked "I don't know how y'all do things on the coast, but out here. . ."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

sharknado slashfic posted:

Here I'll do it: "It's what they use to fuel airplanes"

no way, that can't melt steel beams

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

This didn't end with "Yellowstone Supervolcano obliterates the entire continent". Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I just hope the riots after this vote burn down something important.

• Locked thread