Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

these headlines write themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

akadajet posted:

these headlines write themselves

bazzzzzonga

someone please do the needful and make loony tunes wile e. coyote vs. roadrunner stills with superimposed text as a means of making fun of tesla

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

infernal machines posted:

someone big appears to be divesting themselves of $tsla

drat he should have taken that $420/share deal

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Devonaut posted:

drat he should have taken that $420/share deal

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

someone big appears to be divesting themselves of $tsla

yeah, either just finally threw in the hat for the obvious reasons, or possibly the sec stuff is not quite resolved yet and there is some inside knowledge about it (that stuff is complicated enough that companies like goldman may have experts that know of procedural issues which are too specialized for smaller investors and the media to pick up on quick)

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
"loquacious and mendacious" is a pretty good musk descriptor

quote:

Meanwhile, the idea of "transportation as a service" ("TAAS") has been gaining traction among FSD watchers. Some analysts have gone so far as to claim that Tesla will not simply be a major player in the TAAS space, but the dominant one. This notion is at the core of Ark Invest's $4,000 price target. While a few other analysts would go that far, many do ascribe lots of value to Tesla's future in TAAS. For example, Morgan Stanley's (NYSE:MS) Adam Jonas, ascribes a third of his $291 price target to Tesla's notional future TAAS vertical, which he has dubbed "Tesla Mobility." Yes, Jonas, a real-life Wall Street investment analyst, sees a currently fictitious business division as worth $95. Sure.

Here is the rub: When money managers and the investing public alike realize that Tesla is just another automaker with an inferior FSD technology, the impact on the share price will be profound. Fresh talk about near-term profits or Model Y production will be insufficient to justify Tesla's share price.

prisoner of waffles fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 8, 2018

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

prisoner of waffles posted:

I think fondly of times when I deemed myself to have gotten another poaster's goat
His name is Captain Peebeard and he is my friend and I want my goat back you bastard

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

"loquacious and mendacious" is a pretty good musk descriptor

It's terrifying how much of the economy and indeed "human progress" is measured in terms of investor storytime

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/JTSEO9/status/1049312713707540480

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

the idea of "transportation as a service" ("TAAS")

Truly a groundbreaking idea, never before has humanity been able to pay someone in order to get goods, or indeed themselves, transported.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

read enough threads and it becomes clear that one of the most common pleasures of poasting is getting mad at others / making others mad at oneself

e: I'm not looking to cast aspersions here, I think fondly of times when I deemed myself to have gotten another poaster's goat

what does one actually do with all these loving goats

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gschmidl posted:

Truly a groundbreaking idea, never before has humanity been able to pay someone in order to get goods, or indeed themselves, transported.
The only problem with car purchase loans is that people sometimes pay them off

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
who took my goat ill find my goat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

you will never take my goat

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Not a Children posted:

It's terrifying how much of the economy and indeed "human progress" is measured in terms of investor storytime

Yeah, and then there's investor truthtelling time

The timing of the next global financial crisis relative to the first big climate socks is interesting to think about

Anyone ever think about how?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
The shaggar, the fishmech, and the holy stymie might be billionaires (in microgoats)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Shaggar posted:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
Who had the best goats gotten / goats given ratio

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Shaggar posted:

Goat Protective Services, in furtherance of a recent ruling that hoarding constitutes an unsafe environment and hoarding bad opinions totally counts.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i do not post with the intent or desire to aggravate or annoy, i only post to provide the truth and ensure that the record is correct

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:yeshaha:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gazpacho posted:

The only problem with car purchase loans is that people sometimes pay them off

I meant taxis, trains, trams, boats, etc.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i hate the neologism "get one's goat" for "scored a victory over". i have no intention of getting anyone's goat, and nobody will ever get my goat.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
stymie-rates

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, according to rumor, there's a margin call looming on Musk. It's not known if it's at 250 or a lower amount, but the long and short of it, if you're trading on margin, you take out a loan to buy stock. If the stock dips below a certain amount, you have sell the stock to pay the loan off AND cover the difference yourself.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

iospace posted:

Also, according to rumor, there's a margin call looming on Musk. It's not known if it's at 250 or a lower amount, but the long and short of it, if you're trading on margin, you take out a loan to buy stock. If the stock dips below a certain amount, you have sell the stock to pay the loan off AND cover the difference yourself.

more like a har-har-hargin call amirite

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

More of a Diogenes, I think. I can totally see Stymerino angrily posting from a barrel.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
if musk gets ruined, or even just mildly inconvenienced, then i shall find joy in it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Hammerite posted:

if musk gets ruined, or even just mildly inconvenienced, then i shall find joy in it

his fans will take out second mortgages and donate everything to lord Muske so he can continue saving the planet by loaning out ford explorers

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
very normal corporate governance

quote:

"The board of Tesla is in a Catch-22. If they remove Elon Musk, the stock goes down 30 percent. If they leave him in, he continues to violate the SEC agreement. So they have a tough decision," she said

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/08/teslas-board-may-not-be-able-to-rein-in-musk.html

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The eternal struggle of corporations everywhere: to obey the law, or to make more money.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
gently caress what a hard choice to make

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"our employee is so unmanageable and self-centred that our only possible options are to either fire him or surrender completely as he drags our shareholders and investors on Elons Wild Ride"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chalks posted:

The eternal struggle of corporations everywhere: to obey the law, or to make more money.

i wouldn't say it's a struggle, chalks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
in other news, another finance/accounting exec has bailed

https://twitter.com/temp_worker/status/1049341139353047040

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"our employee buddy who got me this sweet gig is so unmanageable and self-centred that our only possible options are to either fire him or surrender completely as he drags our shareholders and investors on Elons Wild Ride"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Stymie posted:

i do not post with the intent or desire to aggravate or annoy, i only post to provide the truth and ensure that the record is correct

same!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
don’t forget juche

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

juche make you manly man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Stymie posted:

this post must be worth hundreds if not thousands of microgoats