Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I would buy avocado green Joycons tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

when's that open world dickhead goose simulator coming? that's my killer app for switch

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No release date.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Owlbear Camus posted:

when's that open world dickhead goose simulator coming? that's my killer app for switch

I think early 2019 was what was given but the early may not have been there.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Touch Detective is not hentai, it is a fun game for people of all ages

According to like every review I'm seeing, it is lousy gameplay / shallow puzzles anime and belongs in the trash

Polo-Rican posted:

there's literally zero reason to live on this planet if you don't like avocado

I used to love avocado but now that so many Beckys like it, it's ruined it for me, like pumpkin spice

CharlestheHammer posted:

XC isn’t even that anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVZMxf4E2Q&t=103s

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Calling out joycon buttons using NESW is brilliant and, even better, works! I did it while playing Mario Party with my friends on Saturday and everyone got what I meant immediately.

Mad props to the goon that originally (maybe even sarcastically) suggested that button name conventions are dumb and hardware makers should use NESW instead, that's one of the best things to come out of this thread.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Early 2019.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Guys I'm a little lost in Hyper LIght Drifter.

I did the East. I am in the west. I have 2 purple shard things. I need to get 3 to access a door near the boss on the North part (of West). I arrive at a door south of the teleporter in the West. It has... 2 shards on it. I have... 2 shards. Why the gently caress can I not open it?

I get being cryptic in games. (hell, I love Dark Souls stuff..) but this game just feels like it's wasting my time sometimes... which is a shame because I love everything else about it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i have unlocked the true main character and elevated Mario Party into its final form, Dry Bones Party

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zero VGS posted:

I used to love avocado but now that so many Beckys like it, it's ruined it for me, like pumpkin spice

That's super weird, a food's popularity has never impacted the way my taste buds function. That can't be healthy.

I'm thinking you need to book an appointment with doctor mario a licensed medical professional

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Labeling buttons by their position should be a universal thing for on screen button prompts across all platforms. I use an Xbox controller for some PC games and when it it tells me to press A I am going to go for where the A button is supposed to be and press B every time. NESW is easier to understand if you aren't used to the controller and less work for the developers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
people who complain about pumpkin spice are a thousand times more obnoxious than people who enjoy pumpkin spice.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

people who complain about pumpkin spice are a thousand times more obnoxious than people who enjoy pumpkin spice.

she joined the group after that one lady married the soccer man, didn't she?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

content
Feb 13, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Owlbear Camus posted:

Won't lie, I'm looking forward to that one.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
finally got around to playing dk tropical freeze and holy poo poo this game is extremely good. it's also pretty hard. every level seems to have a distinct theme and new art assets, it's really impressive stuff.

level 3-1 with the music and the bobbing giraffe heads was like video game ecstasy for me, just absolutely perfect

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fine, if you'll also concede that people who enjoy anime are a thousand times more obnoxious than people who complain about anime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zero VGS posted:

Fine, if you'll also concede that people who enjoy anime are a thousand times more obnoxious than people who complain about anime.

That wouldn’t be true tho.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Jesus christ dude

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zero VGS posted:

I was fine with anime until I started browsing nintendo threads in SA. Not sure if I can tell which is worse anymore

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Looper posted:

i have unlocked the true main character and elevated Mario Party into its final form, Dry Bones Party

How do you actually unlock the hidden characters? I've played through each mode once at this point I think.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

KingSlime posted:

I was fine with anime until I started browsing nintendo threads in SA. Not sure if I can tell which is worse anymore

From best to worst it goes

3) anime fans
2) people who complain about anime
1) people who use 'anime' to describe things they don't like

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

stuff that isn't anime
Anime

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

3) anime fans
2) people who complain about anime
1) people who use 'anime' to describe things they don't like

4) Person literally named after anime as-anime dragon quest

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Okay but what's the ranking out of avocados, anime and pumpkin spice

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zero VGS posted:

In my experience it's way more often the people who don't like anime who bring up "anime good vs anime bad" arguments for no reason

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Licarn posted:

Okay but what's the ranking out of avocados, anime and pumpkin spice

Avacados: Marry
Anime: gently caress
Pumpkin Spice: Kill

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

the only problem with pumpkin spice stuff is that it's supposed to be called "pumpkin pie spice"

it's just mulling spices with more cinnamon

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

the only problem with pumpkin spice stuff is that it's supposed to be called "pumpkin pie spice"

it's just mulling spices with more cinnamon

But it's not limited to pumpkin pie, it's a blend of spices that can be used to improve the taste of any pumpkin based food.

Or, as it turns out, some non-pumpkin based beverages

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Xenoblade 2 is the best game on Switch.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it certainly has the best music and the best environments, as far as i'm concerned. lot of bs, but good game overall

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Xenoblade 2 is the best game on Switch.

:wrong:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've never had a pumpkin spice latte but my local grocery store sells pumpkin soda in the fall and it's real good so pumpkin spice is probably also good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pumpkin pie rules.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Guy Goodbody posted:

the only thing that annoys me about it is when like three or more taps at a bar are all pumpkin spice bullshit, they're all overly sweet and they suck and all taste pretty much the same, stop devoting half your taps to it bars!!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
the only problem with anime is that it's supposed to be called "lovely cartoons"

it's just cartoons with more poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feenix posted:

Guys I'm a little lost in Hyper LIght Drifter.

I did the East. I am in the west. I have 2 purple shard things. I need to get 3 to access a door near the boss on the North part (of West). I arrive at a door south of the teleporter in the West. It has... 2 shards on it. I have... 2 shards. Why the gently caress can I not open it?

I get being cryptic in games. (hell, I love Dark Souls stuff..) but this game just feels like it's wasting my time sometimes... which is a shame because I love everything else about it.

Not quite sure if this is the answer but shards dont carry across regions; east only work for east

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

vlad3217 posted:

How do you actually unlock the hidden characters? I've played through each mode once at this point I think.

quoting an older post

Folt The Bolt posted:

Dry Bones is unlocked at random after playing any of the main modes. You can use the Party Pad to see if he's in the plaza after a round of games, in which case just go up and talk to him to add him to your party (and the playable roster). He's the easiest to unlock of the four unlockables.

Reaching three of the five endpoints in River Survival unlocks Donkey Kong. He'll be in the plaza so you can add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Diddy Kong is unlocked by clearing Stage 2 in Challenge Road. To unlock Challenge Road, you must unlock all the minigames. (This is actually relatively easy. Do some rounds in Mario Party and Partner Party; the minigame selector to my experience will always pick a game you haven't unlocked yet if it can.) After that, he'll be in the plaza to let you add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Pom Pom is also unlocked in Challenge Road, this time by clearing Stage 5. She'll be in the plaza afterwards, letting you add her to your party (and the playable roster).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Two Beans posted:

the only problem with anime is that it's supposed to be called "lovely cartoons"

it's just cartoons with more poo poo

that doesn't account for live action anime, such as freddy vs jason