Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you addicted to WEED?!?
no
hahahaha what
gently caress outta here
Most certainly not! I'm insulted by the very inquiry!
i get higher than goku
View Results

• Locked thread
WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Tolkien minority posted:

If a gram lasts you more then a day even vaping ur a bitch baby stoner

you smoke too much weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have this feeling about this thread

E lol one person actually rated this thread. Stoners.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

I have this feeling about this thread

E lol one person actually rated this thread. Stoners.

goldmine this poo poo

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Scram bros its the fuzz

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Free Cheese posted:

Scram bros its the fuzz

Mary Jane makes you paranoid.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when we were kids drinking illegal beers by the river one night we smoked a joint and we ran from non-existent cops because someone thought they heard something in the bushes

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
my bowl is always full of charred bud and like one corner of green, the bong water is black and hasn't been changed for years. that second part was a lie because the glass is so black I can't see the water any more and I don't remember the last time I changed the water, possibly age 15? smoke weed every god drat day.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ya i used to be like that but i just enjoy smoking out of clean pieces now. i clean my vape about once a week and my glass bowl every few times i smoke out of it. it's just a nicer experience

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I got liquid THC in a syringe as part of my medical package because the vape wears off quickly and if you do not measure it out EXACTLY as prescribed, it's easy to accidentally get Megahigh.

Past slipped discs in my back were acting up because I was just in a car accident last week. Measured out a rice grain, just like they said. The rice grain looked a little thick, but NBD I thought, and took it. I then went on a magical journey where I had auditory hallucinations, booted up random games, then opened up FL studio and composed a total nonsense song because I figured it would make sense in the morning.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Burt Sexual posted:

Mary Jane makes you paranoid.
I'm not paranoid, where did you hear that? Who have you been talking to? Do you have my IP? Maybe I should start using NordVPN

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sintax posted:

I'm not paranoid, where did you hear that? Who have you been talking to? Do you have my IP? Maybe I should start using NordVPN

Lol buying a vpn from a site you want to hide from.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

extra row of teeth posted:

I got liquid THC in a syringe as part of my medical package because the vape wears off quickly and if you do not measure it out EXACTLY as prescribed, it's easy to accidentally get Megahigh.

Past slipped discs in my back were acting up because I was just in a car accident last week. Measured out a rice grain, just like they said. The rice grain looked a little thick, but NBD I thought, and took it. I then went on a magical journey where I had auditory hallucinations, booted up random games, then opened up FL studio and composed a total nonsense song because I figured it would make sense in the morning.

Concentrates and RSOs are NOT to be hosed with (spoiler I hosed with them hard), like for real since I’ve quit down to holidays/specials/monthly, I just sample the custom rso tincture I made in a dropper and I am loving g o n e

This crap is monster strong and cheap and I’m just gonna respect that and enjoy being far out as Pluto for pretty much $100-$200 a year tops

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Black August posted:

Concentrates and RSOs are NOT to be hosed with (spoiler I hosed with them hard), like for real since I’ve quit down to holidays/specials/monthly, I just sample the custom rso tincture I made in a dropper and I am loving g o n e

This crap is monster strong and cheap and I’m just gonna respect that and enjoy being far out as Pluto for pretty much $100-$200 a year tops

You don’t sound like a medicinal use. Like at all. Explain.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

It’s to help him recover from reading your posts :smuggo:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tolkien minority posted:

It’s to help him recover from reading your posts :smuggo:

My posts are brain numbingly quality. Idk wtf you mean.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

extra row of teeth posted:

i have debilitating back muscle spasms once in a while but a good high CBD ratio weed or vape can stop them instantly, its the first thing ive ever found that helps really (outside of exercises that make the spasms likely) and when its like a 25:1 you barely get high and just get the painkilling effect. its great

( dont get me wrong i love thc but sometimes you just need to kill pain)

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

NigelsPoppet posted:

My brother sits around smoking weed all day, pretty much the same thing everyday for about 7 years since college.

I live with him now, and all he really does is smoke and watch TV every single night. No GF, never does the dishes or cleans and if I ever go into his stash I hear him screaming about it in the next room rather quickly, whether or not I offer him a couple bucks for what I took.

Weed is cool, but smoking too much and starting too young can gently caress up anybody. Without a doubt it destroys most peoples motivations to do anything until they stop or cut back

same but literally smoked weed everyday since 18 until I was literally forced to stop

except I got laid

and cleaned

and cooked

and bicycled every weekend

hmmm

maybe he's just a little bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJSGgieTxU

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
if weed ever becomes legalized and socially acceptable because normal people can do it and not have problems then I won't be able to blame all my personal character flaws and life failures on the most harmless drug out there

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Has there been any studies or articles on the effect of legalization re: prison populations in states that have passed legal weed? Or are they just imprisoning folks at the same rate for other poo poo now?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Burt Sexual posted:

Has there been any studies or articles on the effect of legalization re: prison populations in states that have passed legal weed? Or are they just imprisoning folks at the same rate for other poo poo now?

At least in my state they found that the rate of black and latino folks being arrested and jailed actually increased

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Son of Man posted:

nerable segment: white gen xers

(C & p from wall street journal so you don't have to go totheir lovely rear end stite)

AUSTIN, Tex. � My name is Neal, and I�m a marijuana addict.

A year ago I wouldn�t have said that, because it would have meant giving up marijuana. I would rather have given up breathing.

When I had my first cup of coffee in the morning, I pressed the little button on my vape pen, waited for the blue glow, took a huge inhale and then blew it into the mug so that I could suck in the THC and caffeine at the same time. Then I took another hit, and another. In the afternoons, I�d smoke a bowl, or pop a gummy bear, or both. At night, I got high before eating dinner or watching the ballgame. Maybe I�d stop getting stoned a little bit before bed, but what was the point? If I went to bed high, I could wake up high, too.

What a time for people to get stoned! Marijuana has left the counterculture, exploded into the mainstream and transformed into a multibillion-dollar industry. Cannabis is now an essential part of any hip wellness and beauty regimen. Netflix offers a marijuana-themed cooking show.

Cannabis should be legal. It has medical uses. Millions of people, most of them black and Latino men, have unjustly gone to jail for selling what should have been easily available in stores. States with the political courage to legalize it have seen their tax rolls bloom and have created thousands of jobs. Also, it�s delicious.

But I�m not a child with intractable epilepsy, or a veteran with PTSD, or a person who just wants to chill a little, or Willie Nelson. Unless you count writing articles about marijuana, I�m not profiting from the industry. I�m just a middle-aged house dad with a substance-abuse problem.

Like most pot addicts in denial, I spent years telling myself that marijuana isn�t addictive, and so I didn�t have a problem. But clearly I did. And I�m not the only one who suffers this way.

Though marijuana addiction isn�t deadly like opioid addiction or toxic like meth addiction, it still wastes millions of lives. Around 9 percent of users become addicted, and about 17 percent of those who start as teenagers. That�s less than the rate for alcoholism but still significant.

I started smoking regularly in the �90s, when I was in my mid-20s. Pot made everything better � food, music, sex, cleaning � and it made nothing worse. I got depressed less often. I laughed all the time.

But I also lost my temper for no reason. Did I yell at strangers in public? Probably. I barely remember, because I was stoned. But I do remember that once, high as a promotional blimp, I got into a bar fight with a former friend and broke his tooth with a beer bottle.

Back when my writing career was booming, I got invited a couple of times to do readings in Amsterdam, a bad gig for a pot addict. Once, after ingesting a couple of THC pills, I dumped a pitcher of water over my head and insulted the Iraqi representative to National Poetry Day Amsterdam. Another time, I pulled down my pants and flashed a crowd of several hundred. If I had any boundaries, weed erased them thoroughly. The boom ended fast.

My son was born in 2002. I didn�t have an office job, so I was around a lot to get high and enjoy the cartoons. I opened a packet of Reefer�s peanut butter cups at his preschool fund-raiser and stunk up the place. But pot wasn�t just an occasional funny thing for me to do on weekends. I got stoned the day my son came home from the hospital and stayed that way, with few breaks, for a decade and a half. Of course I put him in danger because I couldn�t stop getting high. I was a drug addict.

In 2016, I became the Texas correspondent for a national marijuana newspaper, which gave me lots of excuses to get up to Colorado, America�s new weed utopia. With legalization upon us, I started saying things like: �Imagine if you loved coffee but it had been illegal your entire life. That�s what I feel like!� I began to refer to Colorado as �Free America.�

In March of 2017, my mother died. The hour before she passed, I was outside the hospital, getting a shipment of medical gummies from a friend. I was high when I watched her die, I was high at her funeral, and I was high every day for the next eight months. To say I was �self-medicating� to deal with grief would be too kind. My addicted self took grief as a no-limits license to get stoned.

In early November, I had the chance to fulfill my lifelong dream of attending a Dodgers World Series game. I spent way too much money on a ticket that turned out to be fake. So high that I couldn�t remember where I�d parked, I started screaming outside the stadium. If I�d been sober, I would have just called the vendor and gotten a refund. That�s what I ended up doing, eventually. But not before security guards surrounded me.

I looked into a car mirror and saw an old man, sobbing over a baseball game. That was the moment I accepted that I had a problem. Three weeks later, I quit.

I�ve been sober for 11 months. I do the same things with my time that I did before, except that 75 percent of my life doesn�t revolve around obtaining or consuming weed. It�s incredible what you can accomplish when you�re not high.

In many ways, I�m lucky my addiction didn�t have more consequences. I never got arrested. My family stayed together, somehow. But I have lost a ton of dignity and integrity, intangibles that I may never reclaim.

It wasn�t so hard to go cold turkey. I had a couple of twitchy nights, and that was it. But it�s easier to stay off the stuff because I don�t live in a state where it�s legal. I can get weed, but it requires a few steps. Addicts in legal states aren�t so fortunate.

A few weeks after I sobered up, I took a business trip to California. My hotel room was less than a mile away from three recreational weed dispensaries. I paced around and got into the tub with some 12-step literature. Finally, I went to a Marijuana Anonymous meeting in West Hollywood. It was Friday night, and the room was packed with addicts, some my age, but most younger, struggling to recover a life lost to weed.

There�s a reason that Alcoholics Anonymous started in 1935, two years after the end of Prohibition. Alcohol abuse became rampant, and the country almost drank itself off the rails. Will the same thing happen with marijuana?

Marijuana isn�t alcohol or an opioid. You can�t die from an overdose. It doesn�t really evince physical cravings. So is it better to call my problem marijuana �dependence�? Does it matter?

Cannabis should be legal, just as alcohol should be legal. But marijuana addiction exists, and it almost wrecked my life. If you have a problem, you are not alone.

Neal Pollack is the editor in chief of Book and Film Globe and the author, most recently, of �Not Coming Soon to a Theater Near You.�

Look at this loving dick hole

ladies and gentlemen we found him

the one dumbass with no self control who blames weed for his own inability to not light up a loving joint and think's its all the fault of weed

lets parade him around in front of all the people who want to legalize weed because even if statistics say that it's not worth ruining the lives of 99% of the population if one dumbass can't stop smoking weed it's apparently a god drat tragedy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Magius1337est posted:

ladies and gentlemen we found him

the one dumbass with no self control who blames weed for his own inability to not light up a loving joint and think's its all the fault of weed

lets parade him around in front of all the people who want to legalize weed because even if statistics say that it's not worth ruining the lives of 99% of the population if one dumbass can't stop smoking weed it's apparently a god drat tragedy

Don't be facetious! Didn't you read his harrowing tale of pain and remorse? Not only will I never smoke the devil's weed again I'm going to quit two weeks ago!

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
*smokes too much weed their first time and greens out*

"uh ya dude don't say weed is harmless because this one time I hit a bong as an occasional smoker that only tkaes puffs out of the circle spoon and i got too high and poo poo and it has nothing to do with me not having any sort of tolerance whatsoever and being a complete pussy when it comes to smoking weed, ergo anyone who smokes a lot of weed must be wasted like I was"

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
*slams a martini as their first alcoholic drink*

"ya I don't get how these alcoholics can handle themselves they must be destroying their body"

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
one time I thought, "yeah, I should probably cut back on weed." so I started smoking only on odd numbered days.

lmao what a dumbass I was last year

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like vape highs all that much tbh.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
you either have to be really dumb to do drugs, or really smart to do drugs

either you're dumb and do drugs despite the consequences of drugs

or you're smart enough not to listen to authorities lie about the dangers of drugs

statistics prove this, no smart person would admit to doing drugs while they have a job that drug tests and this explains the majority of life screenings for accomplishment of drug users

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Moridin920 posted:

I don't like vape highs all that much tbh.

i don't know that any right thinking person can get high enough that they forget they're vaping

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lol but seriously I posted:

i don't know that any right thinking person can get high enough that they forget they're vaping

see, that's where you're wrong

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Son of Man posted:

When I had my first cup of coffee in the morning, I pressed the little button on my vape pen, waited for the blue glow, took a huge inhale and then blew it into the mug so that I could suck in the THC and caffeine at the same time.

lol THC isn't water soluble dumb rear end

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
marijuana and guns are the two hot button issues that either liberals or conservatives are convinced that they need to be banned entirely yet can't come up with the statistics to prove it

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Magius1337est posted:

marijuana and guns are the two hot button issues that either liberals or conservatives are convinced that they need to be banned entirely yet can't come up with the statistics to prove it
Every day people die by gun

marijuana never kill anyone

~~~legalize it!!!~~~~

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The right of the people to grown and smoke weed shall not be infringed. - Thomas Jefferson

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Weed is really good yall

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

The right of the people to grown and smoke weed shall not be infringed. - Thomas Jefferson

"gently caress yeah"
- LBJ, probably

"ya'll ever notice my initials are spanish for a hummer"
- most definitely LBJ

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The other reason to vape your bud is to save the already vaped stuff and make edibles :discourse:

Doubles the lifespan of your poo poo

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

It's called the PNW where concentrates are sold at 1000mg a pop for $15-$60 depending on the brand and content and you can overload on those fuckers like candy

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Earwicker posted:

i have debilitating back muscle spasms once in a while but a good high CBD ratio weed or vape can stop them instantly, its the first thing ive ever found that helps really (outside of exercises that make the spasms likely) and when its like a 25:1 you barely get high and just get the painkilling effect. its great

( dont get me wrong i love thc but sometimes you just need to kill pain)

My pain is so bad that cbd alone won’t cut it, nor will low thc/high cbd. When it really acts up the pain marches through oxys. I felt better after my car accident than some of my random bad pain days. I have 2 chronic pain conditions in my pelvis (interstitial cystitis, endometriosis), herniated discs, and fibromyalgia. Endometriosis can glue organs together and thank god, last time it went hog wild it chose my appendix which was apparently being twisted and glued to my abdominal wall by period growth gone wrong, causing slow drip appendicitis on top of everything else.

I got the medical weed card in a stingy swing state for a reason :v:

EDIT to add: if your weed isn’t killing the pain enough, and you can’t (or don’t feel comfortable with) narcotics, the pain shots will bring at least some relief and it lasts for months. A shot at the base of my skull stopped the weekly migraines and a shot in each hip has made the limping days go down considerably. Shots are great in conjunction with CBD/THC.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Sintax posted:

Every day people die by gun

marijuana never kill anyone

~~~legalize it!!!~~~~

most gun violence is drug crime related

really makes you think