Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Midnightghoul posted:

I don't think Sami is important enough to be lured into a consulate, tortured and killed by an assassin team flown in that day, his body (including his recently repaired shoulder) hacked into bits, put in boxes that are driven away in black vans to be dissolved in acid or dumped, and then the whole thing covered up by the KSA.

Don't worry KSA banned him from the events so he's safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
First time he'd go over.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Should be obvious and needed once you think about it. A modern weekly Wrestling show needs something to build to. Been told WWE UK will have Takeover style shows.

If they're smart they'll stagger them between the NXT US Takeovers. But with how WWE Works, I expect these to kick off a Friday to Wednesday 20-hour block of non-stop WWE programming

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How many very public murders and admissions of guilt for said murders does it take for your PG company to go "eh we should probably create some distance"

So far the number is above 1 so lets see how high it goes

took 3 for benoit

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The moral choice for WWE right now is to literally not take blood money and treat women respectfully and they're incapable of doing it because they would lose a small portion of their overflowing coffer. Capitalism is some insidious poo poo.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Pepsi are donating to Breast Cancer research so you can ignore them poisoning local water supplies to save 0.1 cents on a gallon of Pepsi.

It's just even more brazen in this case because they're promoting an EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN show at the same time as the Saudi one.

Did they try to get a TV deal for NXT UK? Seems like a bit of a failure to just have it on the Network.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, they'd just toss him off a roof

That didn't stop the Giant.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Tomahawk posted:

took 3 for benoit

Someone In Back (of the Saudi consulate being tortured to death)

Son of Man fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 12, 2018

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Triple H posted:

“You can’t dictate to a country or a religion about how they handle things but, having said that, WWE is at the forefront of a women’s evolution in the world and what you can’t do is affect change anywhere by staying away from it.”

Triple H posted:

WWE is at the forefront of a women’s evolution in the world

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
wwe is at the forefront of awful television

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

As we creep further into the darkest timeline, my wrestling and politics interests merge. This just came up in my feed

Senators Urge WWE to ‘Pause’ Upcoming Saudi Arabia Event: Trump Should Maybe ‘Prevail Upon Them Not Doing It’

quote:

“This is a brazen assault on the freedom of the press and a slap in the face to the United States, if this murder occurred as it seems it did,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) told IJR when asked about the upcoming WWE event. Murphy not only sits on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he also represents Connecticut, where WWE headquarters are located.

quote:

“Private enterprise is private enterprise, different than a governmental entity,” Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) told IJR, “but because [Linda McMahon] is part of the president’s cabinet, it falls into the grey area where the administration really should give it some thought and maybe even prevail upon them not doing it.”

quote:

In response to the growing pressure linked to the November Saudi event, WWE provided IJR with only the following statement: “We are currently monitoring the situation.”

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bwahahahahagaha

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
If they lose the Saudi deal that's going to cause a cascade effect that will destroy the company financially. That oil death cash is the only thing propping the financials enough for the network deals.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God this is delicious. Not that the dude was tortured and murdered obviously, but that WWE might actually suffer some consequences from getting in bed with these people.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Losing the Saudi deal would hurt the stock price and a few quarters but they'll be more than okay with the new TV money. Now if they still go to Saudi Arabia and do propaganda pieces like the first trip than well the TV deals could be at issue

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Losing the Saudi deal would hurt the stock price and a few quarters but they'll be more than okay with the new TV money. Now if they still go to Saudi Arabia and do propaganda pieces like the first trip than well the TV deals could be at issue

if the ratings continue falling off a cliff that fox deal isn't going to last long either

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the ratings continue falling off a cliff that fox deal isn't going to last long either

Good thing their ratings aren't falling off a cliff then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Good thing their ratings aren't falling off a cliff then

How long do you think it'll take for them to hit that sub 2-mil hour?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

How long do you think it'll take for them to hit that sub 2-mil hour?

Careful here, he's close to having the opportunity for his bi-monthly "nobody's paying enough attention to me" spiel about how actually this wasn't what he was referring to at all in his original post and clearly it's not him who's acting like an rear end in a top hat

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Saudi Murder Fun Bucks are also probably the only thing giving Vince the pretense of being a billionaire and you know he ain't giving that up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Saudi Murder Fun Bucks are also probably the only thing giving Vince the pretense of being a billionaire and you know he ain't giving that up

Someone doesn't trust in XFL 2.0 being a succesahahahahahah I couldn't even type that, I'm sorry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone doesn't trust in XFL 2.0 being a succesahahahahahah I couldn't even type that, I'm sorry

I've talked to people who actually think that poo poo is gonna succeed and like, swoop up a bunch of fan from the NFL.

Maybe it's just cause I'm a Lions fan and I can smell football-related embarrassing failure a mile away. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Its gonna succeed because Vince is going to personally make sure they all stand for the got dang anthem.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's worth noting that the call for WWE to stop the events is bipartisan, sorta.

Also I doubt WWE pulling out of the Saudi deal would sink the company (it would hurt their stock prices, but nowhere near as bad as the PR disaster that would hit them if they decided to go through with the event anyways even though that guy was murdered). Especially if sanctions become a thing. The worst thing that would happen is Saudi Arabia throwing a huge loving fit over it as sanctions are implemented. Vince already has part of their money it seems.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

WWE is probably going to get even more money out of their next TV deal in 2024.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want them to go through with it and put JBL on commentary so when Michael cole brings up the murder he can go off about black helicopters and stuff

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

took 3 for benoit

That's right I forgot Benoit has the current high score

Most WWE/WWF murderers in history stopped at 1 before it was covered up

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Its gonna succeed because Vince is going to personally make sure they all stand for the got dang anthem.

It would be a very Vince McMahon thing to do to promise a no politics league where everyone wouldn't kneel and then hire Colin Kilpatrick as the top heel of the league.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Careful here, he's close to having the opportunity for his bi-monthly "nobody's paying enough attention to me" spiel about how actually this wasn't what he was referring to at all in his original post and clearly it's not him who's acting like an rear end in a top hat

Read your own post lmao. Anyway, it's objectively true that WWE's ratings aren't falling off a cliff, not sure what the problem is here. It's possible to believe something is bad without every single metric agreeing with you. I think Big Bang Theory is bad but they sure do get great ratings. And good for them, Jim Parsons seems nice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TV ratings are a work anyway.

2.9 out of what? How can they tell who's looking at the tv

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

TV ratings are a work anyway.

2.9 out of what? How can they tell who's looking at the tv

WWE started counting pets a while back to game the system

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was a Nielsen house for like 2 weeks. They gave me a dollar and after i logged that i watched nothing but smackdown and cooking competitions for 14 days i was not invited back

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

WWE is probably going to get even more money out of their next TV deal in 2024.

If you want something to be optimistic about, that recent IPCC thing that unanimously says we (at best) have to get our poo poo together re: climate change before 2030? WWE has a max of two more TV deals signed in that timeframe. One of the first things that's going to be gone in the apocalypse is cable TV power lines, we're almost safe

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chris James 2 posted:

Lol I legitimately forgot about the XFL until just now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
vince mcmahon is the last human alive in 2031. living in the remains of titan towers he continues booking matches between the burnt and melted remains of a handful of action figures

roman is still being pushed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wasn't sure whether to count "Florida's gonna sink into the sea" under the optimistic thing. That's NXT gone, but Paul might pull a Titanic and insist on going down with the ship, so that's 50% a good thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I wasn't sure whether to count "Florida's gonna sink into the sea" under the optimistic thing. That's NXT gone, but Paul might pull a Titanic and insist on going down with the ship, so that's 50% a good thing

I'm led to believe they have enough accomplished seafarers on the roster to survive.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE will still go and promote Saudi Arabia and nothing will happen and this is 2018 when you can lock children up in cages and rape women in high school and nothing at all bad will happen to you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

WWE will still go and promote Saudi Arabia and nothing will happen and this is 2018 when you can lock children up in cages and rape women in high school and nothing at all bad will happen to you

I mean. I don't know this for sure, but I assume that's always been the case, we're just burdened with the horror of knowledge, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

vince mcmahon is the last human alive in 2031. living in the remains of titan towers he continues booking matches between the burnt and melted remains of a handful of action figures

roman is still being pushed

Vince becoming real life Ted Faro would be oddly appropriate.

• Locked thread