Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I wonder what a new listener must think about Mitch's rip off of Towley saying "Howdy ho" at the top of each episode and how it must be some deep in joke that they're missing out on.

When in reality it's just a thing Mitch started doing early on for no reason other than he likes South Park and ripped off Towley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
it's mr. hankey you dope

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ElNarez posted:

it's mr. hankey you dope

Unlike Mitch I got over South Park a long time ago.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's the apologising to the guest before, and afterwards, that I look forward to.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The aukerman episode was very funny. And I love how Wiger didn’t recognize he does talk so loving loud.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This episode is just Mitch over compensating how much he likes Jewish people and how great they are and everyone's reactions every time he's about to say something specifically about Jews is hilarious.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

soggybagel posted:

The aukerman episode was very funny. And I love how Wiger didn’t recognize he does talk so loving loud.

Maybe I'm a an oblivious loud guy because I never noticed thought that about Nick

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think the bigger issue is that as soon as he raises his voice even a fraction he sounds furious

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think the bigger issue is that as soon as he raises his voice even a fraction he sounds furious

Ahh, that's it. If Nick wasn't funny and self-deprecating then he would be obnoxious as hell

Shaun Clements has a similar issue (different voice) where he always comes off as sarcastic

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

soggybagel posted:

He’s a good podcast guest and his stories about his childhood are usually pretty funny. His stories that he told on Raised by TV about how he was a massive dork who was addicted to TV are hilarious.

Don’t listen to any other episode of Raised by TV though. It’s not very good.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's the apologising to the guest before, and afterwards, that I look forward to.

sometimes during the drop you can hear mitch in the background apologizing as well

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Dr.Radical posted:

Don’t listen to any other episode of Raised by TV though. It’s not very good.

The recent one with Wild Horses was quite good, it just doesn't work quite as well when it's just Lapkus and Gabrus without a guest, although the First/Last episodes are an interesting concept..

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Mitch and his friends all yelling the ingredients of a Reuben at each other.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah it’s stuff like that that makes me think “Man Mitch is 100% not playing a character”

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Is anyone here actually interested in listening to the Deli Boys?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Gargamel Gibson posted:

gently caress yes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Evan Susser is my favorite guest (commish) on Doughboys and I'd definitely give Deli Boys a shot.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Gargamel Gibson posted:

More than I’m interested in my wife

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Absolutely

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

gently caress no. I can't imagine Evan Susser being good or entertaining at anything besides irritating Nick and Mitch.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gargamel Gibson posted:

big jewish deli fan here. gonna listen to the free episodes and/or pirate the pay ones.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Alright let’s see how far into the new episode I can get before I can’t stand Betsy Sodaro’s voice and have to turn it off

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Dr.Radical posted:

Alright let’s see how far into the new episode I can get before I can’t stand Betsy Sodaro’s voice and have to turn it off

I can understand this but personally I find her voice to be relaxing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

She has the voice of an angel

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dr.Radical posted:

I managed to get through that loving interminable Ronnie Adrian double, but I bailed out of today's episode as soon as I saw her tagged in the preview tweet. That's, like, negative twelve hours into it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

RGD hates women

cams
Mar 28, 2003

betsy sodaro is great, you people are garbage

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Betsy is in the mount guestmore IMO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

cams posted:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Speaking as someone who grew up in the south, Cracker Barrel loving sucks. Just go to the grocery store and get your own frozen meatloaf. The fact that it’s always packed with old people makes it that much worse.

Betsy is good though.

edit: god dammit Wiger the dumplings there are those terrible canned squares. loving hate cracker barrel.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 25, 2018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I went to a Cracker Barrel for the first time recently and it sucked poo poo. Literally nothing had any discernable flavor. The little general store was cool though, I got a fancy root beer.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I went to a Cracker Barrel for the first time recently and it sucked poo poo. Literally nothing had any discernable flavor. The little general store was cool though, I got a fancy root beer.

Yeah its an old person restaurant, thats why its all bland. It’s for people who want to eat southern food that they grew up with but are too old, too alone, or too dumb to cook it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cams posted:

she's hilarious

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This is 100% Mitch right

from this article: https://www.fastcompany.com/90250828/the-death-of-hollywoods-middle-class

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It very well could be. But unfortunately with the way Netflix does business, that applies to a whooooooole lot of actors. Netflix will pay a higher up-front fee to actors/writers and -- because they don't do residuals -- a fee at the end. But it pales in comparison to residuals.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Didn’t mention Quincy once, so no?

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats

First thing I thought of. Its definitely our guy. I’ve even heard him talk before (or may have been second hand) about how little he got paid for Love

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Okay so Jack has made a lot more than I thought he did. Which is not to say he isn’t right. I just didn’t realize the salary was that for Kinmel staffed writers.

E: We spoke to an anonymous source who would only say, “HOOOOOWDDDDDYYYY HOOOO SPOON NATION! JESUS CHRIST! My dad died and my mum hates me!”

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 25, 2018

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Betsy is cool and every time I remember that cowboy poem she wrote, I hear it in her voice and it just kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i thought she was really good on this episode idk I guess I could see people not liking her voice but she had a solid vibe things flowed well