Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

deoju posted:

from the PYF funnny pictures thread...

Measure twice, pour once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Guy probably got tired of people stealing his tape, secured it the only reasonable way.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

it's not like it's a motorbike

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Supposed to take pictures of FLAT Stanleys out in the world, not FAT Stanleys.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I'll take 'owner-designed home' for 4.5 million, Alex.

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Portland/2300-SW-103rd-Ave-97225/home/26678122

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

I bet the whole house smells like chlorine 24/7.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

directly adjacent to 8 lane highway

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

The kind of person who builds a house like that shouldn’t be allowed to live next to a school.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

poemdexter posted:

Outside pool not enough, must have inside pool!

I do like the big open space idea. I mean, not the execution, certainly. But the idea.

Imagine the heating/cooling costs, though.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

My first thought based on the wall of windows, building shape, and pools is that it was originally a LA fitness that someone converted into a house.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
What is the thing in the game room that looks vaguely like a 30 foot long air hockey table?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

shuffleboard and it's awesome

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah that just screams "converted commercial building." A furniture store comes to mind. Or possibly an airplane hangar.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm all for having some hobbies you can pursue locally but Christ, you need to have some reason to leave the house. I bet they order their groceries delivered too (perhaps in the form of pre-prepared meals).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It would make a nice little neighbourhood rec center.

On the other hand it's apparently the perfect house for someone with an area rug fetish.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It really feels like they misunderstood the plans and thought it would be 30% smaller, then when they were moving in and had a bunch of spare room they just went 'eh, fill it with old persian rugs, I guess?' There's a tremendous amount of deadspace between the open kitchen and the pool, and the rugs and plants just make it seem like they had no idea what to do.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ghostnuke posted:

Don't worry, you won't be able to hear the highway when it rains considering the gigantic steel roof. I'm sure it doesn't rain too often in the PacNW though....

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's in Beaverton, it is definitely not "inner city"

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

That house looks like it was built by someone whose one goal in life was to live in a 1985 era Holiday Inn Holidome.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Weembles posted:

That house looks like it was built by someone whose one goal in life was to live in a 1985 era Holiday Inn Holidome.

Hah, I couldn't quite put my finger on it but that's exactly what it reminds me of.

e: if you showed 1985 me this it would probably be my dream house

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Enos Cabell posted:

e: if you showed 1985 me this it would probably be my dream house

My ideal house still is basically a warehouse with one end converted for living and the rest as a big open area for a running track and gym so I can exercise even when the weather is insane.

Play my own goddamn music over the speakers :argh:

Still wouldn't have a goddamn pool right inside by the kitchen.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It’s possible the indoor pool is brominated instead. If that’s the case, it STILL wouldn’t even be the most :homebrew: thing about that abomination.

Just circulation pump power for the big pool is probably nearing $300/mo.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ghostnuke posted:

Nah, not really. 217 isn't even the interstate. Still gets a lot of traffic, though, especially during commute hours (which is about 7am-7pm these days).

From the outside, I would have pegged it as one of those trendy churches that has a "cool" pastor who wears torn jeans and has an earring.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This looks like the sort of house I would build in the sims when I'm feeling self-indulgently silly. Way too big for normal people! The openest of open concepts! Indoor pool in what would be an awkward and frankly unsafe place!

And then they chickened out and the bedrooms are so normal. Come on.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm sure the industrial warehouse lighting gives everything a warm glow.

They have an 8 car garage, but still leave the car out in the carport.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

poemdexter posted:

Interestingly, that "chlorine smell" of pools isn't the chlorine itself, but chlorine reacting with piss.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Facebook Aunt posted:

It would make a nice little neighbourhood rec center.
Looks like it used to be a nice little neighborhood rec center.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

My first thought based on the wall of windows, building shape, and pools is that it was originally a LA fitness that someone converted into a house.

Mine was that this is a low budget version of the space station from that Prey videogame. Be careful going around the corners, you might see a black smoke monster! ...or a human cult member. If it were for all the windows, it could easily be an underground bunker for some offshoot of a mormon cult. Altman be praised!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I honestly don't dislike it all that much, but being from Phoenix, the thing that struck me about it was the complete lack of anything resembling insulation in the roof & attic. Of course it's not located in Phoenix, so maybe not as big of a deal, although I would think it might be cold in the winter.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Wouldn't want to live there, but that would be the coolest vacation rental on earth

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Holy poo poo that's right near me lmao! I thought it was some kind of gym or something, I've only seen it from the highway (which is always noisy and congested). The area also sucks a lot.

Would love to hang out there during a rainstorm though.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Portland high-tech sweat shop. They cram 100 SE-Asian IT workers in there coding 24/7. The swimming pools are because they can't all fit in the 7 bathrooms. You can fit quite a few bunkbeds in those 6 bedrooms but still not enough for all 100 so they take turns sleeping.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, come to think of it, I absolutely am going to copy this for my next Sims 4 architectural project when I have a chance. I love making dumbshit gimmicky impractical houses, and in the Sims, there aren't things like "high humidity" and "poor insulation" to get in the way of entirely useless but sort of pretty architecutre.

I bet it echoes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't know I could count my pool as at least 5 bathrooms

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I can't say I wouldn't live in that if I had infinite money.

Minus the rugs and statues, probably.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Javid posted:

I can't say I wouldn't live in that if I had infinite money.

Minus the rugs and statues, probably.

If you're gonna spend infinite money on it, a ventilation system and a glass wall between the pool and the rest of the house would do wonders.

Also not building it under a goddamn freeway, but to each his own I guess.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
With infinite money, you can do active noise cancellation for your whole house.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Axlerod posted:

With infinite money, you can do active noise cancellation for your whole house.

By buying all surrounding lots and moving the drat pool

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
If I had infinite money I would buy and restore Lynnewood Hall , which is still on the market and probably will remain so until it is so deteriorated as to be irrevocably damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Jaded Burnout posted:

Interestingly, that "chlorine smell" of pools isn't the chlorine itself, but chlorine reacting with piss.

Who keeps pissing in my bleach? <:mad:>