Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

SoftNum posted:

lol you can save a penny by buying the game and the season pass separately. Not even a $5 off for the bundle Bandaimco? Really?
if you're on PC you can save $20 by buying deluxe instead of season pass + tira

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
How is the performance on PC? I'm rockin' a 7-year-old i5-2500K and 4-year-old 970 here.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zand posted:

this is the best game series to mash in, bar none

Hell yeah

Waffleman_ posted:

Let your main come to you. If it's meant to be, it will be.

I’m sure someone will fluidly bond with me/be extremely hot

Brother Entropy posted:

if you want the true casual experience you have to main whichever character you think is hottest

horny gaming 24/7 so this is the inevitable conclusion

SC is stuffed with hot babes and hunks, even hot wizards!!!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I've always done that, plus rear end-kicking battle women are often just the best/most fun to play. Chun-Li from back in the day of course, and Ivy and Taki are the best to play in SC by far. And in any beat-em-up you pick the sassy woman, never pick the default player 1 guy, that's crazy. (not talking about Ryu, his theme music is too good)

Getting the boys together tomorrow it's gonna be legendary, wait for it, legendary like the sitcom Neil Patrick Harris says that's right.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 19, 2018

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Waiting to see someone compare the customization parts in this compared to V and see if there are 100 less in VI that they sell back in the season pass.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Playing the story mode should give you a taste of all the characters and help you decide

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone want to play on Steam? I'm a big noob and I can't find any ranked or casual games for some reason.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Heavy Metal posted:

I've always done that, plus rear end-kicking battle women are often just the best/most fun to play. Chun-Li from back in the day of course, and Ivy and Taki are the best to play in SC by far. And in any beat-em-up you pick the sassy woman, never pick the default player 1 guy, that's crazy. (not talking about Ryu, his theme music is too good)

Getting the boys together tomorrow it's gonna be legendary, wait for it, legendary like the sitcom Neil Patrick Harris says that's right.

Hell yeah brother.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Playing the story mode should give you a taste of all the characters and help you decide
There are honestly really good tutorials for each character in training mode

Basically it fits each character on a spectrum of power/speed and offense/defense, then gives a broad overview of their style. ie. Xianghua is a beginner speed character, Astaroth is an intermediate power character, Taki is intermediate technical, etc.

Then it goes through beginner, intermediate and advanced tactics for each character and WHY they work

Additionally the movelist actually gives you best use scenarios. No frame data or collision data which sucks but it's more comprehensive than a lot of other games out there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Overbite posted:

Waiting to see someone compare the customization parts in this compared to V and see if there are 100 less in VI that they sell back in the season pass.

Nobody is going to do that because we all already know it's true.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah there are definitely a bunch less pieces in 6 than there were in 5. Missing a few notables like some of the animal heads, the templar helmet (which I could have sworn I saw in an older preview video...), the arabian style helmet with the neck cloth, that tall rear end kabuto, etc. And that's just from the helmet selection.

I'm holding out a tiny glimmer of hope that there's a way to unlock equipment since some of these omissions don't make a ton of sense, but deep down I know this is it lol

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

This is cool as gently caress

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My soul calibur tradition is making triple h cuz there was a sledgehammer someone tell me if this is still the case thanks

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

picked up a physical ps4 copy and bought the season pass only to be rewarded with no tira :argh: give me tira

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t figure out what system to get this on :(

Soul calibur is mostly a joystick game right

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

inthesto posted:

Blind season passes are a lovely business practice and Namco shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Rock, Hwang, Cassandra, and Hilde all have very vocal fans. I will be very surprised if the other two DLC characters are not drawn from that pool.

Give me Setsuka over all them. She has the most interesting fighting style.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there ports I should open for this game?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I never thought to ask before, but is team battle back?

8-Man random team battle was like, the only way my brother and I played head to head back in the day.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafHeartlessPicklesNononoCat

:fuckoff:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I never thought to ask before, but is team battle back?

8-Man random team battle was like, the only way my brother and I played head to head back in the day.

Unfortunately no

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just got the da share z0ne card game in the mail yesterday and I’m liking the synchronicity here

Might have to steal inspo and make a skeleton warrior

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I can't remember how I got my Mayflash f300 to work with DBFZ because I haven't played it in a while so now I'm just kinda sitting here dumbfounded how to set it up for SC6.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Goddamn. Bought the game instantly after seeing this.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Stan Taylor posted:

Goddamn. Bought the game instantly after seeing this.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I can't remember how I got my Mayflash f300 to work with DBFZ because I haven't played it in a while so now I'm just kinda sitting here dumbfounded how to set it up for SC6.

if it is a direct input stick, use the steam wrapper under controller settings in the steam options

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Zand posted:

if it is a direct input stick, use the steam wrapper under controller settings in the steam options

It's got a switch for xinpit or direct input. I'll try that.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
nice symphogear

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
that's a good idea to steal when I get around to getting the game

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

picked up a physical ps4 copy and bought the season pass only to be rewarded with no tira :argh: give me tira

update. it gave me tira

Edit so I'm not just being a quipping shithead: it's amazing how clean this game feels after the mess that was SCV. It really does just feel like SC2 and I loving love it

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Ok noone has said it but can you still pres a button to make your mans yell poo poo at your opponents mans on the vs loading screen? This is most important thing I must know.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Macksy posted:

Ok noone has said it but can you still pres a button to make your mans yell poo poo at your opponents mans on the vs loading screen? This is most important thing I must know.

no

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

slowly putting Maxi together

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

What the gently caress namco

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Macksy posted:

I was actually disappointed when I tried doing that in the beta and they didn't do anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Installing the game as we speak. The deluxe game box has a speaker and button that plays narrator quotes to you, it scared the poo poo out of my wife.

Game is already 10/10 for that alone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am playing the Libra of Souls mode and I have to make a choice between Freedom/Chaos and Law/Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

goddamn people are building some incredible custom poo poo

https://twitter.com/accel496/status/1052788695269486592