Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So are we gonna ignore that Golden Claw's gold clawed glove is called the Metal Talon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Why is Fisk even an issue to a superpowered enemy? Like, just do a repeat of what you did against Danny, Pete. His hand will break like an egg, muscles/fat or no.

What does it matter that he is blocking you anyway? His body isn't made from titanium. Or bricks.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
And also, if Fisk's really been studying the methods Peter uses to defeat his enemies, then like...he's ready for Peter to trick him into hitting himself in the head with a hammer. He has countermeasures for Peter damming up the fountain of youth by dropping a bunch of rocks on his own head, or luring him to a planetarium and projecting a fake sun. He's keeping an eye out for JJJ breaking into his house and bludgeoning him with a lamp. And he knows better than to fall for Peter jumping on his chest and giving a speech about his fundamental humanity.

But just trying to punch him in the face? There's no way you could predict NSM would do that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Wilson Fisk is just a large guy with no super powers. He isn't even wearing any weapon or armor.
Is banking on that NSM is too dumb to realize this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Golden Claw used western laws of physics to stop the Iron Fist! :aaa:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

evilmiera posted:

Why is Fisk even an issue to a superpowered enemy? Like, just do a repeat of what you did against Danny, Pete. His hand will break like an egg, muscles/fat or no.

What does it matter that he is blocking you anyway? His body isn't made from titanium. Or bricks.

He's built like a brick house, which gives him a psychological edge over Spidey.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

evilmiera posted:

Why is Fisk even an issue to a superpowered enemy?

Fisk knows he's powerless, the thought of fighting Spider-Man has him making GBS threads bricks.

Which we all know are Peter's kryptonite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Reminder that Peter's most challenging foe was a regular guy, not even a muscular guy, who dressed up like a clown.

Uhh that was Batman though?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh that was Batman though?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hardy_Laurel_(Earth-77013)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's a terrible synopsis

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Fisk with the ok hand, Spiderman with almost a dab, what will be next?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EorayMel posted:

Fisk with the ok hand, Spiderman with almost a dab, what will be next?

The flossing dance that uses up all the panels of a Sunday strip.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/clownninespdrmn.htm

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hate-Senpai posted:

He's built like a brick house, which gives him a psychological edge over Spidey.

Somebody give this person a no-prize.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:eyepop: They should have him fight Goody Two-Shoes.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

quote:

Spider-Man, who had been in the audience as Peter Parker, tried to put a stop to Clown-9's rampage, but Hardy inflated his suit to snap Spider-Man's webbing, and then shot him with laughing gas. With Spider-Man incapacitated, Hardy fled.
lmao

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It's perfect that under "powers and abilities" it just says "none".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

It's perfect that under "powers and abilities" it just says "none".

You accidentally read the synopsis for Spider-Man.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't think we should be paying attention to anyone who says "Seriously, the Spider-Man newspaper strip is really bad."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm not sure even Kingpin can plan for even the most contrived Deus ex Machina, but I'm willing to see him try.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Of course, the plot to stall their enemies until Netflix cancels them. Fisk and Claw have this fight on lock.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

This is old news for most of you, but in the Spiderverse story (where some bad guy named Morlun tries to kill all the Spidermans everywhere in all universes), Earth-77013 (NSM's world) is invaded but quickly left by Morlun because it takes forever to get anything done, and the universe is spared annihilation, but pocketed off from all the other universes.

From wikipedia:
"Earth-77013 is the home of the comic strip Spider-Man. Morlun is unable to proceed since each "strip" is a repetition of the previous strip with only a partial progression in the story line. A frustrated Morlun leaves without killing that Spider-Man."

Morlun: "That's it. In this world it takes days to perform the simplest actions. Weeks even!"

In fact I can't imagine this info hasn't hit this thread before, but it's really funny. Here:

"Are you brain damaged?" :lol:

Edit: And here's the follow-up:

Chinook fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 20, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Of course, the plot to stall their enemies until Netflix cancels them. Fisk and Claw have this fight on lock.

Spidey and Fisk playing punch buggy while Fist and Claw compares hand glows.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Chinook posted:

This is old news for most of you, but in the Spiderverse story (where some bad guy named Morlun tries to kill all the Spidermans everywhere in all universes), Earth-77013 (NSM's world) is invaded but quickly left by Morlun because it takes forever to get anything done, and the universe is spared annihilation, but pocketed off from all the other universes.

From wikipedia:
"Earth-77013 is the home of the comic strip Spider-Man. Morlun is unable to proceed since each "strip" is a repetition of the previous strip with only a partial progression in the story line. A frustrated Morlun leaves without killing that Spider-Man."

Morlun: "That's it. In this world it takes days to perform the simplest actions. Weeks even!"

In fact I can't imagine this info hasn't hit this thread before, but it's really funny. Here:

"Are you brain damaged?" :lol:

Edit: And here's the follow-up:

This has been posted here before but I love it every time. :allears:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's extremely relevant to today's strip, too. Even more so than usual.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still say it should've ended with Morlun just getting fed up with the recaps and leaving.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Morlun is extremely lucky he got out of there fast. A second longer, and he could have been beaten up by Uncle Moley, choked to death by Rocket, or Clown 9 might have fatally injure him in a car accident while he was on his way to kill MJ.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The MSJ posted:

Morlun is extremely lucky he got out of there fast. A second longer, and he could have been beaten up by Uncle Moley, choked to death by Rocket, or Clown 9 might have fatally injure him in a car accident while he was on his way to kill MJ.

Don't forget decapitated by a flying GRONNNNNNNKKKKK

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Morlun got out of there fast, he is lucky, a second longer and there could have been trouble

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Yeah! It was his good fortune that he escaped--moments before trouble happened!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Morlun's quick escape was a stroke of good fortune. Any longer in there and who knows what might have happened!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Next: SABERTOOTH!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I'm the "NEXT" mocking him for not getting this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fisk's life coach really helped him out, meanwhile Spidey's narration box is just making fun of him. Of course! Spidey just needs a personal trainer to beat Kingpin's!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"That's it! We have to switch masks!"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
A plane is going to crash on to of them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Personal Trainer also advised Fisk to avoid Spider-Man's tricks: He actually has lost a lot of weight and is carrying a large bubble of air inside his suit

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I think Pete is just dazzled by Kingpin's ever-changing dress shirt, which goes from black to white (last week), to Hawaiian print, to pinstriped. Blinded by fashion.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the insinuation that Fisk actually looked into getting a radioactive spider to bite him but discovered it would be too inconvenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Trained to always be near a web-catching box.

Meanwhile, Iron Fist is unable to invent the tactic of "Attack with both hands"