Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oriental Hugs posted:

We'll see how buggy it is tomorrow with the beta for xbox. I already pre order for pc. There didn't see to be too much jank from the release 3 hour invited footage. So Im hopefull that it won't be completely bad.

There was and they told those invited that the game was an earlier build and that a new build was more stable and that the problems they encountered with framerates would be fixed by launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lmfao "let's see how much poo poo we can pack in"

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oriental Hugs posted:

There didn't see to be too much jank from the release 3 hour invited footage.

There was an insane amount of jank, what? Even considering that any footage you saw was likely heavily edited to reduce jank there was still a ton of jank in the stuff I watched.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

There was and they told those invited that the game was an earlier build and that a new build was more stable and that the problems they encountered with framerates would be fixed by launch.

Right, and now we have a letter saying 'we know the framerate is still bad' so it quite obviously will not be fixed by launch which should be a surprise to nobody. Sure, optimization is one of the last things to get done, but when the game is that bad so close to release it's more than last minute optimizations that are needed to fix it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
jank

I just like saying jank

jank :kiddo:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though

Agent355 posted:

There was an insane amount of jank, what? Even considering that any footage you saw was likely heavily edited to reduce jank there was still a ton of jank in the stuff I watched.

It was an ok amount of jank. Not too disastrous. Fallout 4 is a lot better now compared to its launch. And Fallout 76 is just fallout 4 with multiplayer right. Yeah there is gonna be jank but how many fps multiplayer open world games with expansive rpg mechanics are there.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Flesh Forge posted:

jank

I just like saying jank

jank :kiddo:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

lmfao "let's see how much poo poo we can pack in"

$4.99 Harold dlc with hat tree cosmetics at just $.99 per.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mormonpartyboat posted:

THEPIPBOY??

what does that mean?????

Ts a development studio
Hince that time
Eur worlds
Pnd the answer to that question
Isually after years of development
Pe all know the scale of our games
Be Can't thank you enough
Oe can't wait to see you out there
Ysethesda Game Studios

Strange they miss spelled every sentence to make a secret code for us.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 23, 2018

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

the game loving sucks confirmed
Just double checked that I can cancel my preorder while the Xbox beta is happening and before the PC beta starts. I want to think it will be fixed in 6-12 months and people will actually enjoy it, but I'm also thinking of all the time I spent playing Crysis multiplayer with the same 20-30 people who still stuck with it before giving up and knowing the end was coming (I forget if the servers shut down or if that was when my old computer died thanks to a lightning strike)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Tenzarin posted:

Strange they miss spelled every sentence to make a secret code for us.

yes it is very strange i agree

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It makes more sense than "ASOAWUWWW". That may be the sound you make when you start playing this game and your last few brain cells short circuit though.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well instead of feral ghouls becoming that way over time, all feral ghouls immediately look like rotting corpses the minute they turn so Bethesda can reuse Fallout 4 assets even though those ghouls have had two hundred years of rot and decay to get to that point.
Bethesda invented feral ghouls so I guess they get to decide what the rules are. In the old games, I'm pretty sure any hostile ghoul was just an rear end in a top hat

mormonpartyboat posted:

THEPIPBOY??

what does that mean?????
lmao

NeurosisHead posted:

Credit where credit is due though, Bethseda is basically saying "we've never done anything like this and we know the bugs are going to be new and exciting and probably NUTS" which is true and very fair of them to acknowledge in advance. It sort of reads like someone got a bee in their bonnet to make an open world survival fallout game so they just made it because they could, which I kind of respect.
Yeah, it reads kind of refreshingly "non-corporate" with the caveat of course that sounding non-corporate is itself a corporate strategy

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
we're just a hokey ol' mom and pop video games company !

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Bethesda's not telling us anything we didn't already know

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mormonpartyboat posted:

THEPIPBOY??

what does that mean?????
thepipboy is back for $3.99

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Is there a discord that 76-haver goons will be gathering in to play together.

Nm, saw it right on the first page, haha.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
"we're all in this together" is one way to preempt criticism of longstanding, some would say inexcusable problems with their games.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Entitled Gamers Are Complaining About The Bugs In Fallout 76: Here's Why You Shouldn't Care, And That's A Good Thing

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
This release is going to be really entertaining but not in the way Bethesda wants.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Isn't Fallout New California also releasing today? Anyone who isn't playing the F76 beta could instead play a New Vegas overhaul.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't Fallout New California also releasing today? Anyone who isn't playing the F76 beta could instead play a New Vegas overhaul.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

wow!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is going to look like such steaming dogshit next to the quality control of RDR2 it's insane. in a year with so many quality releases like spiderman and god of war, fallout 76 is going to stick out like a sore gangrenous thumb

never though id software would bounce back to become the premier dev at zenimax incorporated but well, with how critically explosive DOOM 2016 was and how good the sequel looks, I'd say they're primed to be the new darling of the company

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

bethesda counterpoint: rage2 will ship with new planet-textures

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh wow, are things really looking THAT bad?

They put out a letter saying 'we have no idea what this game is supposed to be, despite developing it', so yeah. That's one of the most basic bits of design that they openly admit they have no idea about.

This is going to be hilarious.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
One of these is from a Fallout game released in 2008, the other from one released in 2018.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

After Fallout 4 my total vote of no confidence on Fallout crap is paying off.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Xik posted:

One of these is from a Fallout game released in 2008, the other from one released in 2018.

The above one can only be seen by one place and is optimized for that. While the below one can be seen from any angle so is harder to make. Is still a really bad explosion.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Tei posted:

The above one can only be seen by one place and is optimized for that. While the below one can be seen from any angle so is harder to make. Is still a really bad explosion.

still not done defending this garbage?
look at it
look

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
That is very bad, especially compared against even some things they did in F4 (the fire/smoke cloud in Far Harbor come to mind).

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
no worries, you'll be seeing most of the nukes from inside when people drop them on your camp

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Wasn't the BETA supposed to already have started? Was kinda curious to see some videos that were a little less curated and PR-y, but it seems like there's nothing online yet.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Wasn't the BETA supposed to already have started? Was kinda curious to see some videos that were a little less curated and PR-y, but it seems like there's nothing online yet.

Later today. All that's happened so far is the stress test last weekend and the curated event.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Pretty sure all gameplay shown so far is curated Bethesda material, or some Youtube influencer stuff, that might as well be curated. I think most of the material is from that exclusive invitation only party in actual West Virginia, so that's not going to be very impartial.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 23, 2018

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Later today. All that's happened so far is the stress test last weekend and the curated event.

Ah alright. Didn't account for timezones moving things forward a day here in Europe. Thanks for the response!

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
From a consumer's point of view the beta is going to be invaluable, but who at Bethesda had the idea to do a beta for their massively broken game?

Like did they just think they'd have it functional by October and got locked into it because cancelling the beta would be the canary in the coal mine croaking?

Edit - Compare the letter they're doing for Fallout 76 to the one they did for Morrowind. The 76 one basically says nothing but "games gonna be buggy make fun with whatever" while the Morrowind one lists specific examples and features in a way that makes it obvious that they're proud of the game.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 23, 2018

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Free to play with hat shop when?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I got curious, so I checked their other manuals.

Daggerfall:

Oblivion:

Fallout 3:

Fallout: NV and Skyrim manuals launch into the description of all the features of the game without any letter from the team.

Fallout 4's manual is like 4 pages with legalese, seizure warnings and the control scheme, lol. They have sold a separate full Survival Guide that has all the game info stuff, as well as the walkthrough, but it doesn't have a foreword either.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

caps on caps on caps posted:

still not done defending this garbage?
look at it
look

It looks like have 96 triangles. Maybe there where a LOD bug and was rendering the wrong version.
You can count to 2^10 using your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://twitter.com/gautoz/status/1054666767497392128