Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is a weird hill you've chosen to die on, but I admire your tenacity none the less.

Zelder posted:

Oops, you got your personal identity wrapped up in the release of a media product. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

*Mournfully looks back at my GameCube and my console warrior youth*

I'm not dying on any hills and my identity is just fine, I honestly am excited to watch some streaming Fallout 76 content.

I'm also fairly sure what's going to happen to the thread once the streams start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Orv posted:

That's not entirely what they're doing though. Skyrim ... FO4 ... Space Game (forget the name) and TES VI ...
sorry, thought we were talking about Fallout 76. i'll see my way out

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
so has anyone tried New California yet

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

deathbagel posted:

I'm not dying on any hills and my identity is just fine, I honestly am excited to watch some streaming Fallout 76 content.

I'm also fairly sure what's going to happen to the thread once the streams start!

Lol

Imagine posting this unironically

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
this stream is live
https://www.twitch.tv/ziggydlive

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Zelder posted:

Oops, you got your personal identity wrapped up in the release of a media product. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

In high school I once mentally downgraded a friendship when I found out he bought an xbox instead of a playstation. Can't be as good friends if we don't own the same console.

God I was stupid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Agent355 posted:

My sweet spot is 'oh man, we thought we had a good idea what people enjoyed in the fallout games but when we tried to do nothing but that in a game it flopped horribly, I guess we should reconsider how we make these games so we can do better'.

it'll never happen, but I can dream.

Oooo, what a sweet spot that would be though!

Zelder posted:

The GameCube was pretty cool though. I'm 100% looking forward to the inevitable GameCube classic and finally getting to play Super Mario RPG The Thousand Year Door.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Somebody let the thread know when they find a streamer who isn't incredibly over the top and obnoxious.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Agent355 posted:

Somebody let the thread know when they find a streamer who isn't incredibly over the top and obnoxious.

So, never?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
LOL I'm watching ziggyDlive stream and this game sucks SO BAD!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Popete posted:

So, never?

yeah probably.

I love the idea of twitch, endless streaming entertainment where I can just jump around and listen to background noise of people playing games I like while I'm doing something else on my second monitor.

And then the reality of every streamer catering to 14 year olds and spouting endless catchphrases, dumb voices, and over the top exaggerated reactions to things crushed my dreams.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's something weird about seeing what is clearly just Fallout 4: Virginia with a bunch of (other) assholes running around like an MMO starting zone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’m visiting the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings. They’re playing a baseball game at Fenway Park on TV, which is more crossover than Bethesda ever gave in Fallout 4.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

chitoryu12 posted:

I’m visiting the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings. They’re playing a baseball game at Fenway Park on TV, which is more crossover than Bethesda ever gave in Fallout 4.

Never mind that, you need to see if you can find any old men, armed to the teeth with dynamite.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Agent355 posted:

yeah probably.

I love the idea of twitch, endless streaming entertainment where I can just jump around and listen to background noise of people playing games I like while I'm doing something else on my second monitor.

And then the reality of every streamer catering to 14 year olds and spouting endless catchphrases, dumb voices, and over the top exaggerated reactions to things crushed my dreams.
I've got some streamers who don't cater to kids on my follow list but none of them are playing fo76 :shrug:

actually now that I look again there's this guy who makes some interesting videos and he even just said he turned his alerts off
https://www.twitch.tv/eso_plays

he tends to be a motormouth though if i recall correctly

well that was a lie he still has some big rear end donation alerts lmao

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 24, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The saddest part about this game probably being bad is that West Virginia is an A+ place to set a post-apocalyptic game and now that location has been wasted.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The saddest part about this game probably being bad is that West Virginia is an A+ place to set a post-apocalyptic game and now that location has been wasted.

The twist is that it actually takes place in 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope New California Republic is available has a faction

I am watching some random called BikeMen. It soudns like a group of friends talking random poo poo. My favorite thing!

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 24, 2018

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Agent355 posted:

This guy seems alright so far: https://www.twitch.tv/swiftor

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

deathbagel posted:

This guy seems alright so far: https://www.twitch.tv/swiftor

This guy isnt wearing the starting armor and missed the body with weapons at the beginning lmao

Fps is looking good so far.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Everything about this thread and the comments is just bumming me out, man

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9qrvti/today_is_my_wifes_birthday_family_is_going_out_to/

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Zelder posted:

Everything about this thread and the comments is just bumming me out, man

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9qrvti/today_is_my_wifes_birthday_family_is_going_out_to/

:same:

Why'd you link a reddit thread though? :ocelot:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Here is a stream which you can rewind since its on utube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOHK6-13ZI

I especially like the forced companions "BoobieV76" and "ColonelPimpin". A pure immersion run right there.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

The _players_ make the _story_

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The guy I am watching is exploring every corner of the starting vault. I am ok with that. Can you even go back later?

The game looks good so far. They comment about some lag, but maybe they are drunk.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
in the Ziggy stream his sound stopped working and he's really upset

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is either Swift's streaming hiccuping or I am seeing some stuttering when he turns.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
shroud is about to start streaming so if you can look past the fact he will complain constantly about console aim then he's probably a good one to watch with the added benefit he does not care at all about fallout 76 and Bethesda cannot afford to bribe him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Hootington posted:

It is either Swift's streaming hiccuping or I am seeing some stuttering when he turns.
90% sure that is the stream. I'm watching that one

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

It's like that on JuiceHeads, too. JH sucks, btw.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

90% sure that is the stream. I'm watching that one

There was a moment when he was switching weapons and turning while talking and moving himself and the game started skipping and lagging.

gently caress

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

There was a moment when he was switching weapons and turning while talking and moving himself and the game started skipping and lagging.

gently caress
Game froze for like 5 seconds when he brought up the map

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dude just ran into some crazy looking alien monster that was level 30 and was completely passive even though he was macheting him to death, great game 10/10

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

ESO_Plays says there are FPS drops.
Also, he wants to play solo but they put a bearded dude in a dress in front of him. "Wow, I am so immersed". huehuehue

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

"Sometimes the textures don't really pop in"
Also, the cow flew away

Edit: NPC robots are invincible

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

dude just ran into some crazy looking alien monster that was level 30 and was completely passive

Some group of level 5s killed an end game boss sorta monster in one of the 3-hour preview videos. I'm assuming there is some level scaling going on. The biggest crime for me was how passive the monster was, it rarely attacked.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Paul Zuvella posted:

dude just ran into some crazy looking alien monster that was level 30 and was completely passive even though he was macheting him to death, great game 10/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOHK6-13ZI&t=1h1m25s
bethesda.mp4
no combat AI at all

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I already see this game will be much more enjoyable with ssd. too many loading screens.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

shroud is about to start streaming so if you can look past the fact he will complain constantly about console aim then he's probably a good one to watch with the added benefit he does not care at all about fallout 76 and Bethesda cannot afford to bribe him.

Lol Bribe? Do you honestly think game companies bother to bribe people into saying nice things about their products?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bobbleheads are temporary buffs now? Ehhhh