Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

First time seeing Gen4 pokemon. I can't believe they put in a skunk pokemon and gave it a butt for a face lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

mastershakeman posted:

Best attacker in the game. Get 6 if possible
Isn't meteor mash metagross a pretty decent second place? (And without annoying Normals in gyms getting resistance to it?)

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Saw the Shadow Ball news immediately after it was fixed but before it was reported as such. Wasted 5 TMs. :(

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Someone's reached the second part of the Spiritomb quest if you want to know how hosed you are, rural players:

Catch 10 Dark types
Visit 8 new Pokestops
Catch ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT Pokemon

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

lol I'm never visiting 8 new stops

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is this quest running for a limited time or can I have it forever?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

8 new pokestops wtf i've hit every single one in this town as well as the town i used to live in

gross

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

You'd think forever since the Mew and Celebi ones are, but nope!

Professor Willow needs help with LIMITED-TIME Special Research, featuring the Ghost- and Dark type Spiritomb.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

This is what I really want to know. I can maybe do the 108 berries thing if I dedicate a couple days to playing but getting 108 catches in a week is simply not happening.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hmm, apparently the Special Research is time limited in that you need to start it during the event, to then complete whenever, not finish it within a certain time, like a couple of months. Really wish Niantic would stop breaking up its info between language news.

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010

TheEye posted:

Saw the Shadow Ball news immediately after it was fixed but before it was reported as such. Wasted 5 TMs. :(

I only had one to waste because I so rarely raid. Did it in the window for kicks, because mine has Thunderbolt.

What do I get? Flamethrower. :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I might be able to do the 'use 108 berries' thing, if I'm really drat lucky with the limited number of Pokestops in my area.

But hah. Ahaha. Ahahahahaha gently caress catching 108 Pokemon before the week is up. There's no way I'll be able to do that after spending all week forging for berries. :argh:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Found on Reddit:

"So my friend logged back into POGO after a year and saw that his Pokemon is still in a gym!"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

TheEye posted:

Same. :sigh: Gating moves like this and Shadow Claw Gengar is really crummy.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Giratina in raids for the event.

Edit: whoops, didn't see it in the announcement, just got a pop up.

LegionAreI fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 23, 2018

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
You don't need to catch them. Use trash berry and run away.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Fake James posted:

Yeah looks like it was fixed :(

I managed to get 2 at least, thankfully.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I could have tried 11 times

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mismagius and Honchkrow would be great Halloween pokemon but since they won't release any of the old gen evolutions yet with the drip feed they're left with "uh, let's put the skunk out I guess."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah i don't get why the new evolutions weren't part of the first gen 4 wave tbh, kinda dumb.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Mismagius and Honchkrow would be great Halloween pokemon but since they won't release any of the old gen evolutions yet with the drip feed they're left with "uh, let's put the skunk out I guess."

Yeah seriously. If this quest doesn't give us at least the evolution for Pokemon 108 then I'm gonna be even more disappointed in this game than usual.

Also in disappointment news: finally snagged a shiny Murkrow, caught a weather boosted Giratina, and hit 39 all within 10 minutes. My kid missed his Giratina. Now I feel bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

voodoorootbeer posted:

Yeah seriously. If this quest doesn't give us at least the evolution for Pokemon 108 then I'm gonna be even more disappointed in this game than usual.

Also in disappointment news: finally snagged a shiny Murkrow, caught a weather boosted Giratina, and hit 39 all within 10 minutes. My kid missed his Giratina. Now I feel bad.

You should.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hail Satan.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Fun event. Ditched my last lingering "evolve 10 Water Types" quest. I did 6 or 7 and I'm almost out of candy and anyway we live in Spooky World now

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I am out of Pinap berries for the first time since friends implemented

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pez posted:

Me too friend. Beldum day took a toll on my stash.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Helllllll yeah, spooky ghost Pokémon for Satan!

We need a seasonal thread title.

Pokémon GHOST: Boo You Believe in Magikarp?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Pez posted:

I'm down to 50.

Beldum day was worth it tho.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Halfway through the berry quest. Finding 8 new stops will be the bitch for most people, I bet. Ditto here.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Caught a shiny drifloon and a 911 houndoor. A good start to Halloween

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'd be happy with any Mewtwo at all. I must have done 30 raids and I didn't catch a drat one.

Oh well, maybe it'll be a research prize in the future.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
30 raids and you didn’t catch any? H...how?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah how

I went 21/27 and I didn't really know how to target lock before this

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah how

I went 21/27 and I didn't really know how to target lock before this

I still can’t get that target lock down. Missed the catch on the new guy this afternoon. :( I did manage 8/11 mewtwos though.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I can't do the target locking thing and I still catch almost all the Mewtwo. There must be some other issue too...

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Got a shiny Shinx in my first raid and a (regular) Giratina. Between those, the new starters and the community day it's a great time to play again!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Saw this on reddit:

Apparently this guy logged in for the first time in a year and a half and his dragonite was still in a gym!

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Kheldarn posted:

Pokémon GHOST: Boo You Believe in Magikarp?

:discourse:

That's perfect

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
confirmed that double candy is catch only, lame

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

confirmed that double candy is catch only, lame

I think I read here that Niantic has said they don't like people saving up mons for evolving, mulching, etc so they seem to be trying to discourage that by not doing double candy events anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tangy yet delightful posted:

I think I read here that Niantic has said they don't like people saving up mons for evolving, mulching, etc so they seem to be trying to discourage that by not doing double candy events anymore.

"Fun? In our game?? Cant have that!"

When did Blizzard acquire Niantic? :v: