Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Has anyone who ordered the game for PS4 gotten the download code yet? I got the sign up code for Bethesda.net but nothing for an actual download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

aw jeez

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

J-Spot posted:

Has anyone who ordered the game for PS4 gotten the download code yet? I got the sign up code for Bethesda.net but nothing for an actual download.

Did you redeem that code on their site? If you did, go to there and log in with your account. If you go into your account stuff you should see a page for codes. Your PSN store key should be in there.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did you redeem that code on their site? If you did, go to there and log in with your account. If you go into your account stuff you should see a page for codes. Your PSN store key should be in there.

Thanks! I was assuming they’d send it in an email but I see it now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I watched from about that point to the end and he had a sequence of like two different crashes almost in succession. Then the scorchbeast just spawned in the sky like it was sitting on the ground.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I watched today more videos of the game.

Different areas have different styles and monsters. The actual area design of some areas where very distinct, with personality, the monsters where fun and original.

Looks cool :D

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Can't wait to run into a group of people that poke you to death.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Fallout Survive

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

just watched a xbone stream and just lol at console players that are gonna buy this poo poo

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Wow that’s horrible. And it looks like it would actually be pretty easy to kill someone who didn’t shoot back. That axe was doing pretty decent damage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can someone please explain what you actually do in the game

how do quests work without NPCs

is there really no VATS

what are the impressions of the beta so far

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

eonwe posted:

is there really no VATS

The loop is collecting junk and crafting, finding audio logs and occasionally teabagging ghouls with a friend. If you are into exploring a big map there's lots to look at. VATS is an extremely weird, you lock on to your target (except the camera doesn't track) and get a percentage to hit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Moose-Alini posted:

Wow that’s horrible. And it looks like it would actually be pretty easy to kill someone who didn’t shoot back. That axe was doing pretty decent damage.

They were barely doing any damage to the guys at the start though. I think it's only when they fight back that you do full damage to them. Or something like that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

The loop is collecting junk and crafting, finding audio logs and occasionally teabagging ghouls with a friend. If you are into exploring a big map there's lots to look at. VATS is an extremely weird, you lock on to your target (except the camera doesn't track) and get a percentage to hit.
VATS seems like it should not even be in the game with how irrelevant it appears to be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They were barely doing any damage to the guys at the start though. I think it's only when they fight back that you do full damage to them. Or something like that.

lol really? that sounds terrible

why even have PvP

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

eonwe posted:

is there really no VATS

you still get quests, they're just kind of self imposed as you discover things that need to be done via holotapes or notes or just situations in general and your character goes "hmm I should do this," then you get rewards out of the aether

VATs exists but is weird, they basically just turned the time freeze part off and left the rest of it the same

if you like the premise of the game the beta probably reinforces the idea that the game could be fun in spite of itself, but it's definitely not the Fallout 5 everyone dreamed of; it is of objectively low quality but looting and shooting and listening to Big Iron with friends, eh

if you dislike the premise of the game the beta probably reinforces that the game is an unlovable miserable poo poo and everyone who even considers enjoying it is fully responsible for it being as bad as it is

honestly though actually looking at the game is overrated, it's more fun to do massive hyperbole and/or make poo poo up wholesale

there's no story at all, no new monsters, only pipe weapons until like level 10, you can only have three perks, Todd confirmed in an interview that if your subscription lapses the console will melt and the game will call a SWAT team on your house IRL

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

He woulda killed that guy at the start after fifteen more seconds if he didn’t run away and heal. Like that was way more damage than I thought it would be.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Locking out weapons until you hit certain levels is really dumb. It's not like the game prevents you from going into areas where you are severely underleveled.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If they do, then their info bar above them is supposed to turn red, not stay....yellow...ish?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Jon of Many a True Nerd is about my level and style of enjoyment of the first-person Fallouts, though I swear more often and severely.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Locking out weapons until you hit certain levels is really dumb. It's not like the game prevents you from going into areas where you are severely underleveled.

Should have gone with the weapon requirements style from 3 and New Vegas. You can use a weapon, but if your strength isn't high enough you get accuracy penalties.

Love Shovel
Apr 25, 2010
https://youtu.be/5IcqE8kT3KA

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Well Bethesda should just light a loving fire in the lobby and just burn it all down

How dare they try something new?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Well Bethesda should just light a loving fire in the lobby and just burn it all down

Maybe they should try something new that's actually new and not done to death by a bunch of other people

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I do love Fallout commercials, this one is particularly good.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FlamingLiberal posted:

What if you have little baby arms and cannot hold up the big manly gun

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Flesh Forge posted:

What if you have little baby arms and cannot hold up the big manly gun

Then you're needed in the main hall to sign a document giving Eric Prince control of Afghanistan, Mr. President.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just started nuka world for the first time and I honestly think it might be in the running for best fallout dlc, new vegas included. It's certainly better than old world blues, which I would argue is an inferior version of nuka world. It's basically a massive post apocalyptic post apocalyptic disney vacation and it really plays to bethesda's strengths.

When is the point of no return for doing preston's stuff?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

This is definitely trying something new and totally not a transparent cash-in.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Should have gone with the weapon requirements style from 3 and New Vegas. You can use a weapon, but if your strength isn't high enough you get accuracy penalties.

Meh. Gamers would complain anyways. I don't see the problem with level requirements.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

deathbagel posted:

I do love Fallout commercials, this one is particularly good.

If only they put as much effort into the actual game.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

eonwe posted:

lol really? that sounds terrible

why even have PvP

I believe this is what happens when too many people are involved with general the direction of the game. if i had to guess, the Battlecry dudes or the Ultima guy want there to be PvP, and Todd Howard and his cronies don't want it, and then probably some Bethesda executives want there to be battle royale mode at the last minute. essentially the result is that they make a compromise solution and end up pleasing no one

also that trailer has caused me to finally feel upset about the direction Bethesda is taking fallout. it's weird because i wasn't upset about the lore breaks or the general mediocrity of Bethesda Fallouts, but I feel like that video is just a gross misuse of the setting and it retroactively shits on the established themes in Fallout

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 29, 2018

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
if they didn't have PvP people would complain

if it had all in bathe in blood everybody can kill everybody all the time with no restrictions I wouldn't even be humoring the beta

I don't know what a better alternative would be; to be fair, I'm also not getting paid to think of one, if I were making Bethesda money I'd like to think I could come up with something

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Lunatic Sledge posted:

if they didn't have PvP people would complain

if it had all in bathe in blood everybody can kill everybody all the time with no restrictions I wouldn't even be humoring the beta

I don't know what a better alternative would be; to be fair, I'm also not getting paid to think of one, if I were making Bethesda money I'd like to think I could come up with something

pvp and pve servers would solve that problem pretty easily

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

BillyC posted:

pvp and pve servers would solve that problem pretty easily

this is true, but something something splitting the audience

edit: there not being split servers, and private servers getting pushed back at least a year, makes me think Bethesda might just be real new to this servers business

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 29, 2018

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Minorkos posted:

also that trailer has caused me to finally feel upset about the direction Bethesda is taking fallout. it's weird because i wasn't upset about the lore breaks or the general mediocrity of Bethesda Fallouts, but I feel like that video is just a gross misuse of the setting and it retroactively shits on the established themes in Fallout

ahahahaha

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
lol I've been pretty hard on this game but that ad was fine - if that was the very first thing I'd ever seen or heard about FO76 other than 'BGS is making a multiplayer FO' then I think I would have been pretty hyped.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

tweet my meat posted:

I just started nuka world for the first time and I honestly think it might be in the running for best fallout dlc, new vegas included.

If you just started then get ready to be bored with endless scavenger hunts, fetch quests, very few interesting NPCs or meaningful quests, and an empty map.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I don't think anyone is upset at the idea of trying new things, new things are great. I think people are just confused as to why the new thing Bethesda wanted to try was to see how bad a design document could be and still drain the wallets of neckbeards instead of, you know, making design decisions that don't sound objectively terrible even just on paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

WebDO posted:

I don't think anyone is upset at the idea of trying new things

I wouldn't say anyone

there's definitely some people who haven't actually looked at the game for more than a second making poo poo up even (especially?) in this thread

but yeah for the most part I appreciate Fallout trying something new, and I agree a lot of the ways they are going about it are loving bewildering

they copped out in a lot of ways on FO4, that made insane-o money, now they're pushing the envelope even further and by pushing the envelope I mean pip boy fortnite dance on youtube buy funny hats fo real dollars